Chapter 1: A Featuring

You are my starlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I rolled over in bed, folding my pillow over face and ears in an unsuccessful attempt to muffle the barking of Prince and Ginger. Sluggishly, I sat up with a slouched back and a bird's nest of a hairdo to stare at the wall.

Ugh... I have to go to the recording studio again today.

The bags under my eyes were indicators of how hard I'd been working for the last month. I already finished recording six songs for my second mini album, my favorite being the title track "Why". Since my first album, "I", was such a success, I can't help but feel worried about how the public will receive my second one. As a singer, I want to be able to make music that not only I enjoy singing, but my fans will enjoy listening to.

I imagined being on stage again, causing a sudden wave of excitement and anxiousness to come over me. With a renewed energy, I finally got out of bed and checked the time.

Crap, it's already 8!

Not thinking of anything else, I threw on a white blouse, some jean shorts, and grabbed my sunglasses. On the way out, I took a bun and smoothie from the fridge. They belonged to my best friend of over 10 years, Tiffany, but whatever. She always forgives me hehe. I ran out the door, but stopped short. Before I slammed it shut, I yelled, "Bye Tiffany! I'm on my way to the recording studio... again..."

"Okay! See you later, don't strain yourself too much."

Hearing her reply, I continued on my run out of the apartment and to my Mercedes. 8:17. It's alright I have 13 minutes to make it to the studio.

Wiping the sweat of my brow, I stepped on the gas and before I knew it I had already arrived. Today was the day I had to pick a 7th song for my album. This one's a collaboration. I was really excited to work with someone. Being in the studio with your manager all the time can get boring, you know?

We breezed through a bunch of demos, but nothing interested me until "Starlight".

I was used to being alone,
my days were gray
But I remember the day you lightly
came to me, knocking on my door
You shined on me like a light
Woke me up from darkness
Opened the closed door of my heart  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter