I.M Fine [I.M] - lolexotics

Monsta X - One Shots [REQUESTS OPEN]

Request by lolexotics :

Name : Han Haira
Partner : Monsta X I.M
Genre : Romantic and Fluff
Plot : When I always give a lots of attention to s until I forget about him and he start a silent mode

I'm sorry this took too long! I was really busy ( why did I open requests, right? facedesks myself ) and ended up doing this bit by bit. I tried my best to make it fluffy and romantic so I hope you'll enjoy this at least a little. Thank you so much for requesting once again!

Word Count : 1,420


 

The sun slowly disappears, along with the comforting warmth and light it brings. It was like any other day, except that Haira had been paying more attention to her boyfriend's group of friends. This would have been completely fine if her boyfriend was not neglected and left in the corner alone. " Haira, look at this! " an eager call from Wonho makes her look up. As soon as she made her way to him, she burst in laughter. 

" What's that? That's really weird! " she continues laughing while pointing at the phone screen Wonho was holding. Minhyuk, being the curious one, quickly approaches Wonho, " Yah, what are you looking at? " Right when he looks at the screen, he, too, erupts in laughter. Not long after, a crowd is huddled around Wonho and Haira. The crowd excluded Kihyun and Shownu who were in the kitchen preparing food and I.M sitting on another sofa, simply observing in silence. 

I.M was not enjoying the situation. Continuously glancing to his girlfriend in hopes of her looking back at him, he grew frustrated. ' What's so funny? ' he squints at his group of friends that surrounded his girlfriend. ' Does she enjoy their company that much to leave me alone? ' he stares, a frown evident on his face. It was a day to relax at home, so I.M had invited his girlfriend, Haira, to come over and hang out. Much to his disappointment, she seemed to be having more fun with his friends and not him. This made him a little upset, even to the point of sulking silently. 

Kihyun, like a mother, walks out of the kitchen with plates of deliciously cooked food on his hands. Shownu follows after with a few more plates. " Kids, it's time to eat. Put down your phones and come here. " Kihyun says sternly. Noticing how left out I.M was, he wanted to say something but decided to ask him afterwards. The whole group gathers at the dining table and naturally, Haira takes a seat beside her boyfriend. " Oppa, why are you so quiet? " she questions him but the boy remains quiet.

Shaking his head, he simply gestures his chin at the food as if telling her to just eat. The others had already started wolfing down their food. Hyungwon, who was sitting next to Haira, held out a spoonful of stew to her, " Haira, try this. It's delicious. " he wriggles his brows in expectation. Without thinking much, she accepts the spoonful of stew, causing I.M's brow to twitch a little as he frowned at their interaction. Kihyun, who had been watching him the whole time, finally realises what was wrong with I.M. 

' So, he's jealous? Well, I guess it's unavoidable.. ' he nods to himself before looking at Shownu. Shownu raises a brow at him, wondering why Kihyun gave him a such a weird look. Frowning at Shownu's lack of realisation, he whispers, " Your Boston son is jealous that his girlfriend is being too nice to the members! " To this, he frowns back. " What do you mean, my Boston son? Anyways, his girlfriend seems pretty alright to me.. " This earns him another frown from Kihyun. 

" What? " he questions, obviously lost. Kihyun groans, shaking his head in frustration, " Ugh, never mind. " Being the mother, he continues to keep an eye on I.M. He was worried that the poor boy would burst from the jealousy and little negligence from his girlfriend. Dinner ended with laughter and endless chatter, well, with the exception of I.M. As the others dispersed, leaving I.M behind, Kihyun takes a seat next to him. " Changkyun-ah, " he says, placing a hand on his shoulder. 

The boy looks up, a little surprised. " What is it? " he glances away. " You're upset that she's not paying much attention to you, isn't it? " This makes I.M look up at him again, his face a little sulky. " N-No, that's not it. I'm fine. " Kihyun shook his head, unsure of how to comfort him. " Don't worry, son. Even if she is close with the other members, it doesn't change the fact that she chose you. " he gives a pat on his shoulder before leaving him to his thoughts. 

After dinner comes exciting games, to which I.M lazily participates because the others had dragged him in. He was obviously the least excited amongst the group. From Wii games to card and board games, the games seemed endless. Sometimes, Kihyun would go to I.M and ask if he was feeling alright. All he answered was, " I'm fine. "

It was soon late in the night and the group had just ended their last round of board games. Haira stood up and got ready to go home. She had noticed how quiet her boyfriend was, but decided to ask him later. As she stood by the entrance, I.M wordlessly walks to her side before she waves the members goodbye. The two depart in silence, walking alongside each other without saying anything. Only the sound of their footsteps and the crickets were heard.

It almost felt awkward, but Haira breaks the silence with a thanks. " Thanks for inviting me over to hang out. I had fun. " she smiles at her boyfriend. " Your members were really nice. " she continues, " but, it didn't seem like you enjoyed having me over. " This made I.M widen his eyes in surprise. He never thought she would see it that way. " No, it's not that-- It's just.. " he frowns, biting his lower lip in search for words to say.

I was just jealous. " he mumbles. Haira raises a brow, not quite sure of what he just said. " You were just? " she repeats after him, a look of dissatisfaction crossing her boyfriend's face. He keeps mum for a minute before Haira starts pouting and begging him to tell her. After nearly five minutes of being pestered, he gave up with an annoyed groan. " I was jealous, okay? " he frowned, his mouth almost turning into a pout. The word 'jealous' made her melt a little. 

" You were jealous? Of what? " she asks softly, bits of guilt creeping into her. I.M sighs, " Seeing you hang out and having more fun with them than me. Not to mention, I was the one who invited you to hang out with me. " This made her recall the day's activities and how she was having so much fun with s to the point she momentarily forgot about him. 

Looking at him, she pouts with a look of apology. " I'm sorry, I didn't mean to forget about you, " She walks closer to him, as he, too, walked closer to her. " It's okay. I'm fine. " he says, for the nth time of the night. " Geesh, all you say is 'I'm fine'. You really live up to your stage name. " Haira frowns at him. " Since you're fine, I.M fine, too. However, let me apologize with a whole day spent with you tomorrow. " 

A small smile appears on his face and she knows it's a good choice. " Geesh, I'm sorry for neglecting you so much- " the girl nudges him, a little guilty. Sighing in defeat, I.M grabs her hand, interlacing their hands together. " Alright, I get it. I'm fine, now. For real. " Just as Haira is about to sigh in relief, he continues, " But first, this, " he points to his right cheek. 

" ...? " she looks at him in confusion, making him a little sulky again. " This! " he points again. Haira squints at him, realizing what he wanted. She tiptoes a little before giving him a quick peck on the cheek. " I love you! " she makes a heart above her head with her arms. A little surprised from the sudden confession, he chuckles.

He sighs, shaking his head, " You're too cute, how can I not forgive you. " Hearing that, Haira looks down in embarrassment. Cupping her chin, I.M makes her look up at him. He leans into her face before giving her a kiss full of affection, " I love you, too, Han Haira. " With that, all his jealousy blew away and I.M walks her back home with a light heart.