—End

Simple Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Donghae.

 

Despite the fact that the boy with brown lock in front of you is smiling widely like the sun in the morning when your parent introduce you to him, you’re not pleased at all—and you didn’t try to hide it in your face.

 

“Heechul, be nice. He is your brother now.”

 

Your father said.

 

And you just wonder what had hit your father’s head for thinking that this boy in front of him—the boy with fakes innocent smile and glint on his brown eyes—can ever be his step brother.

 

***

 

“Don’t you ever dare to call me hyung—in fact, don’t call me at all. I don’t like you, I hate you so go away, jerk.”

You remember your first explode is when the first dinner together as family is finish and your parent want you to show the new boy where his room is.

That Donghae boy is so ing irritating, you thought—as he can’t stop talking about how happy he is to have such a perfect family and how grateful he is to have a big brother.

You just snap right there.

Throw his luggage in the floor and push his away as you made your way to your bedroom.

Ignoring your parent’s curious yells in the first floor.

Ignoring Donghae boy’s sad eyes.

 

***

 

“Heechul hyung, your brother—“

A half year after that so called encounter with your step brother—you were sitting and chatting with bunch of your friend when Henry—your favorite junior in school, came to you in tears.

Saying that Donghae got bully, pretty bad, almost every day since he first stepped into this school—but not as worse as now.

Hearing his name already become a mood ruiner for you and so you decide to didn’t even heard Henry’s explanation on why today is the worst bully day for the Donghae boy.

You just nodding, in front of friends—still trying to look like you listening just to make sure your favorite junior is stop crying and decide to pretend you’re going to rescue Donghae, asking Henry to stop worry and stay here while you helps.

And of course, you not really help.

You just leans your back against the wall as you see that Donghae boy got beaten so badly by few of your classmate. You even smirk with them as they left Donghae falling into the floor—catching breath between his broken nose and ribs.

When you think that you have stand for too long, you walking close to him to hear him murmurs something before passed out.

“You save me.”

 

***

 

You call your parent, waiting for them and letting the unconscious Donghae stay in the same place until they came for rescue.

Next thing you know, your parent, you and Henry is following the ambulance to hospital.

Suffocating, you decide to left your parent’s side as the doctor explain Donghae boy’s situation and tell Henry you just need toilet to prevent him from following you before you arrived at his door.

Your real little brother’s room, Kim Ryeowook.

 

**

 

Kim Ryeowook.

 

The born of him is a miracle for both of your parent and you.

 

You’re fall in love with the baby immediately as his small hand clings on your finger when you rubs his chubby little cheek—and from that on, you promised the infant that you will never let him be harmed.

 

But, seventeen years later, you failed.

 

Ryeowook got bully hard and nasty until the boy is so stressful and tired that he run to a car one day in front of your eyes—and in front of the bullies.

 

Since then, Ryeowook haven’t wake up at all and doctor said nothing can ever save his life but a new heart which his stupid parent failed to found and simply decide to adopt a new boy—to replace their own real baby.

 

Stupid dip.

 

Now, you fought a lot with your parent—all because the stupid Donghae.

 

You just can’t really understand what makes your parent change so much and love Donghae so much when you know that they know—

 

Donghae is standing with those bullies on the day Ryeowook got into accident.

 

**

 

“Hyung.”

 

You turn in hopes to meet your little Henry’s eyes when you realize you meet with the face you hate the most.

 

“I’m not your ing hyung, Lee.” you curse.

 

Donghae look about to burst into tears, holding a book tightly on his arm as he his lips nervously—all eyes are on him—your friends, bunch of student in the canteen and Henry who his body freeze at the curse you just let out.

 

No need to pretend anymore.

 

You sick of it.

 

People should know how you hate the boy just like how everyone else too hates the Donghae boy.

 

“I-I want you to have this.”

 

The boy handed you a worn and ugly book, you spit on it and laughs with the entire people on canteen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter