10.

Lost Feelings

KRYSTAL'S POV

How do I respond to that? The old man just told her what I didn't want her to know.

“ It's nothing really, I just wanted to talk to you,” I said.

“ About what?” Eunyoung asked.

“ Is it bad that I wanted to talk to you?” I asked.

She shook her head. The waitress came up with our drinks and set our lattes in front of us.

“ You guys are just so cute,” the waitress commented.

“ Oh, uh thanks.” I said.

I looked over at Eunyoung and she just drank her latte. The waitress left with a smile.

“ It's a good thing I have a common face, or else a scandal would've been started by now.” I said.

I looked at myself with my phone and noticed Eunyoung looking at me.

“ I don't think your face is common,” she said.

“ Are you trying to flatter me?” I asked.

She shrugged and took a sip of her coffee. Her phone suddenly rang and she stood up to take the call. I watched her go outside through the window. 

AMBER'S POV

“ Really? Yes, thank you. I'll be there tomorrow, bye.” I said.

I put my phone back in my pocket and pulled my hair back. I hastily texted uncle and Kibum that I got the job. Then went back inside and noticed Soojung staring at me like the usual.

“ Even though you looked expressionless, I can tell you were happy.” She said.

“ I just got a new job,” I said.

“ Congratulations, but I'm kind of sad because I won't be seeing you in the bar anymore,” Soojung said.

“ I'll be there once in awhile,” I said.

She smiled and fixed her bangs. Our food came and we silently ate. I paid for the breakfast even though Soojung insisted that she should. I ignored her though and paid for it.

We walked out of the restaurant and strolled a nearby park. It was cold, but not freezing like previous days.

“ Remember when we met in the SM building?” She asked.

I nodded.

“ I've been wondering, but how did you get in? I thought only employees could enter,” Soojung said.

“ I came in with my friend Kim Kibum,” I said.

“ Oh I'm friends with him too. He's such a fashion critic,” Soojung said.

I nodded and silence filled the air once again.

“ Do you have any plans today?” I asked.

“ I don't think so, I think I'm free all day.” She said.

“ Do you want to come with me to meet my parents?” I asked.

She stopped walking and looked at me.
 
“ You want to introduce me to your parents?” Soojung asked.

I nodded and continued walking. I didn't know why she was making such a big deal out of it.

“ Yah! Stop acting like this isn't a serious matter Eunyoung!” She yelled.

This girl. 

“ Then bye,” I said.

“ Who said I wasn't coming? Stupid.” Soojung said.

She ran and followed me. We got on a taxi and headed to the location. We got off at a hill and started walking up it.

“ Are we meeting them here?” Soojung asked.

“ They're already here,” I said.

We got to the top of the hill and Soojung stood there confused. Then she noticed the tombstones on the ground and slowly approached it with me.

“ Mom, dad, I'm back.” I said.

“ Eunyoung…” Soojung said.

“ This is Soojung. She's my new friend,” I said.

I silently looked at the tombstones as if my parents really were there.

“ I got the job I told you about when I was here last time. I'm sorry I didn't bring any flowers either. I will for sure next time.” I said.

I touched the tombstone and silently prayed. Soojung knelt down next to me and prayed also. I looked up and took another look at the tombstones. Then stood up and brushed my pants.

“ I love you guys, I hope you're watching from afar. I can't stay long though because I have to take Soojung home,” I said.

I turned around and started walking down the hill. I realized that Soojung wasn't following me and turned around. She looked like she was saying something to my parents. Then touched the tombstones and picked up a flower nearby. She placed it between their tombstones and smiled.

I stared at her as she did that. I was so touched that I think I felt my heartbeat but shook it off. Soojung noticed me looking at her and smiled at me. 

I gulped and couldn't help it, I smiled at her. For the first time in months, I've smiled because of her.

KRYSTAL'S POV

DID EUNYOUNG JUST SMILE?

EUNYOUNG KNOWS HOW TO SMILE.

I felt my face feel hot even though it was freezing on top of the hill. I covered my mouth to hide my smile and looked away. 

“ Come on Soojung,” she said.

I followed her, making sure to keep a distance. The image of her smiling was burned into my brain and I wanted to see more of it. 

As we stood on the sidewalk to wait for a taxi to pass, I couldn't help but look at Eunyoung. She was back to her usual blank face, and I giggled. She looked at me and raised her brow. 

“ You look better when you smile,” I said.

“ I've heard,” she said.

“ You spoke a lot today,” I said.

“ Today's been the first good day since-” she said.

A taxi passed by and she motioned for it. It stopped and we entered the empty taxi together. I told the taxi the address nearby my house and he drove us there.

I looked over and saw Eunyoung texting. I took out my phone also and looked at it. I realized that I still didn't have her number. I cleared my throat and she looked over at me.

“ Let's exchange numbers,” I said.

“ Why?” She asked.

I rolled my eyes and took her phone. I put in my number and texten it. Then I gave it back to her. The taxi stopped and Eunyoung paid for the fare, even though I wanted to.

“ Good luck to you two,” the driver said with a smile.

Why does everyone think we're a couple?