The Flower Fairy and the Human Boy

The Flower fairy and the Human

Here it is, I wrote thos over the span of around a week and a half. At first it was supposed to be a really short one shot but then I played with it being chaptered and then settled on it being a REALLY long one shot since their wasn't enough material to make it chaptered.... welll maybe I could have... but whatever here we are. My first attempt at Junhwan or Junjin hopefully I do good.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The Flower Fairy and Human Boy

 

 

Jinhwan didn't usually pay attention to the humans who came and went from the house. In fact, if the house was free of humans the better but that didn't always happen for very long. This was the longest yet, he mused as he fluttered from flower to flower in the overgrown garden. He heard the rumbling of those giant things that he heard the humans call cars although this one was much larger. He peeked through the fence and watched the humans exit their cars.

 

There were a lot of humans carrying things inside the house.

 

"It's nice isn't it?" 

 

"I guess..."

 

"Come on Junhoe lighten up a little."

 

"Oh my!" 

 

Jinhwan flinched and quickly turned to see a woman at the back door. He flew into the clump of weeds and peeked at the woman. 

 

"You're gonna help me clean this up. Right June?" the woman wrapped her arm around the same young man he had seen with the other man. "Really mom?" "Of course, you have the entire summer before school starts again..." the conversation trailed off as they went back inside closing the back door behind them. 

 

~*~

 

Jinhwan couldn't help himself something about this Junhoe drew his attention. Sure enough, every day for two weeks, mother and son were outside clearing away the overgrown backyard and planting new flower beds and small bushes. 

 

He had to learn to be careful as well, he came to find out. 

 

He had been hiding inside one of the new potted plants as he curiously watched the young man work, until the whole pot moved and on reflex his wings buzzed causing the mother to flinch and drop the pot.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Maybe it's a bee," Junhoe said as he carefully tapped the side of pot. 

 

Jinhwan pouted, he wasn't a bee. And bees were nice, they were his friends. Now if you were talking about those wasps that lived on the side of the house by the window, now those were s. Jinhwan more than once has told them to get anger management classes but they never listen.

 

"I guess it's gone. Where were you going to move it?" Junhoe asked his mom, she gestured to the general vicinity of the house. 

 

This time he was ready and held on to the trunk as he and plant were transported. Peeking through the leaves he studied the other's face. He was nice looking for a human and perceptive since he stopped and looked down into the plant. Jinhwan stayed perfectly still as to not get caught. With a skeptical look he resumed his task of placing the pot where his mom wanted it. 

 

"Alright my loves you both have worked hard today, it's time for food," another woman stepped out, "Yes!" the other woman jumped up and hugged the other woman giving her a kiss.

 

"Gross please stop," Junhoe said as he dusted off his hands on his jeans.

 

"Silly boy. I love you," she laughed and pulled him into a hug, "Your dad is coming over by the way. He's gonna help with the bedrooms... although I'm pretty sure you got everything under control."

 

The three filed inside after moving their tools into the garden box they had set up by the back door.

 

Jinhwan flew out of his hiding spot and moved to the window to spy on the family. He was so confused, as far as he had seen human families typically had one mom and one dad but this young man had two moms and a dad. Strange, he thought sitting on the window sill and watching the two women interact they were definitely lovers. The man that walked in greeted them and joined them to eat their dinner. That must be the father, he thought as he moved closer in order to look more closely.

 

"They're going to see you."

 

Jinhwan squeaked as he jumped, his iridescent wings humming as he turned and saw his friend from childhood, "Hanbin don't do that," he admonished as he floated down to his best friend.

 

"So you finally have some humans here. ."

 

"They're not that bad actually. The human boy, he interests me," Jinhwan smiled as the two took flight towards the bird house on the fence that had become Jinhwan's home for the last few years. "Be careful Jinhwan, remember humans are fickle," Hanbin frowned as he accepted a leaf of water from Jinhwan. 

 

"Don't worry Hanbin. He doesn't even know I exist, he's just I don't know... I want to know more about him," Jinhwan shrugged reaching into his home where he kept some fruits and honey. Hanbin said nothing as his wings buzzed glowing an iridescent blue, "So when are you going to visit your parents they sent a message with Bobby, they miss you." 

 

"Hmm soon, it's not as cold anymore so soon. Speaking of which, what about you and Bobby?" Jinhwan giggled as he turned curious eyes to Hanbin. "There's nothing okay? He's just a good friend," Hanbin shrugged accepting some fruit from Jinhwan. "Yeah okay," Jinhwan nodded accepting his friend's answer as they sat back and enjoyed the warm evening.

 

~*~

 

Jinhwan grew bolder as the days passed. Junhoe was like a flower with the sweetest scent attracting him. One such night he gathered the courage to follow the boy inside his home. Luckily nobody was the wiser, he watched the family eat their dinner together before Junhoe was told to help clean the dishes. 

 

He curiously watched as Junhoe's fingers handled each plate, cup and cutlery with care.

 

"Oh what's that?"

 

Jinhwan flinched and moved further behind a pot of other utensils.

 

"Hmm what?" Junhoe asked turning his eyes from Jinhwan's general direction to his mother. "Where'd you get that scratch?" she asked touching the back on his neck. "Must have been earlier when we were putting the hanging plants up."

 

Jinhwan watched as the mother cooed and patted her son telling him that he worked hard and that he would get pocket money to have a good time during the weekend. 

 

Carefully Jinhwan followed Junhoe to his room. He happily hid himself within the pile of pillows, his eyes following Junhoe as the boy the huge rectangle on the wall. Jinhwan had seen these things from the backyard but he had never seen or knew what they did. It was like watching real people inside the box! Hanbin was gonna be so jealous when he tells him about it. He watched as the boy took off his dirty shirt and threw it towards his closet on a large pile on the floor.

 

Moving his eyes from the box he watched as the boy gathered more clothes and a towel. 

 

Left alone in the room Jinhwan floated into the air and took a closer look around. He knew what a lot these things were from having observed the humans that had lived in the house before. A few things were unfamiliar to him though the boy had books but he also had things that looked like book but were not book. Standing on the table he walked around touching everything, there was a smaller rectangle like the one on the wall on the table, his eyes widened as he got closer. Turning away he blinked to get the dark spots out of his eyes.

 

"Gotcha!"

 

Jinhwan squeaked as something landed around him. "Hey! Let me out!" he yelled as his hands wrapped around the wires that made up some kind of wastebasket.

 

"I knew it!"

 

Junhoe moved his chair and sat down holding down the wastebasket, although the fairy was so tiny it probably wouldn't be able to lift it.

 

"Let me go!" it squeaked as tiny hands wrapped around the wires and big purple eyes stared up at him, "Please?"

 

Junhoe sat back in his chair as he looked at the tiny fairy. It's wings flapping so fast it was like a glowing rainbow. 

 

"Who would've thought. Fairies are real," Junhoe chuckled as he studied the fairy.

 

"Of course we're real!" It yelled indignant tone cutting through his voice, "Can you please let me go?"

 

Junhoe sighed and looked at the pretty little thing, "I'll lift the basket but you gotta promise not to fly off." 

 

Nodding Jinhwan touched back down on the desk before sitting on his hands and crossing his legs. Lifting the basket Junhoe was fascinated by how truly tiny this little creature was. He watched as it stood up and walked closer to him.

 

"Junhoe! You know it's really offensive to trap someone like that!" It yelled tiny hands on his hips. 

 

"You know my name. What's yours?" Junhoe ignored the fairy's proclamation in order to ask a question of his own.

 

"My name is Jinhwan. I was born from violets hence my eye color. I am wearing a skirt made of your grass clippings decorated by small shells and gems," he twirled his grass skirt whirling around him.

 

"Nice to meet you," Junhoe murmured his eyes following the way the fairy moved across his desk, iridescent wings flapping every time Jinhwan jumped or moved suddenly.

 

"I have to go. It's night already. I'll visit tomorrow. Goodnight Junhoe," Jinhwan beamed as he fluttered to the window, "Do you mind?" 

 

Junhoe smiled and opened the window to let the fairy out, seeing the flickering of wings he closed his window. No one would ever believe him, he thought going to collapse on his bed. 

 

 

~*~

 

 

Jinhwan came by every day and asked a million and one questions. Junhoe never though he'd need to explain the function of a pencil or pen to someone else. The same was for him too, he wanted to know about fairies like Jinhwan he found out that fairies come from different plants and flowers. Jinhwan was born from a flower but his childhood friend had been born from a tree. And he had learned that Jinhwan absolutely adored warm milk and honey.

 

The first time he had offered the fairy some the poor thing had cried, purple eyes filling with crystal tears as he flew to him and buried himself into his chest little fists clutching his shirt.

 

~

 

It was the last week of summer and Junhoe was already dreading going, but it was his senior year so he just needed to persevere one more year.

 

"Can you do magic?"

 

Jinhwan who had been singing softly to a bee looked up at Junhoe who had turned his face to look at him. "Umm yes?" 

 

"Like what?"

 

"I can make flowers happy, granted that only works for so long they obviously need water and the sun but I help. And I can magic myself," Jinhwan waved at the bee as he flew to Junhoe small feet landing on the younger man's chest. "What do you mean?" Junhoe asked laying back and letting Jinhwan make himself comfortable on top of him.

 

"Like this!" 

 

In a swirl of light and wind that smelled like flowers Junhoe felt a solid weight on his chest.

 

"You've got to be kidding me." 

 

Before him was a life sized Jinhwan, granted he could tell the fairy was still much smaller than him but he was human sized and so…. Purple eyes stared into his own brown eyes… so beautiful.

 

“You’re gorgeous,” Junhoe breathed as his hand reached up and placed his hand on a warm cheek.

 

Jinhwan wasn’t sure what to feel. He had never used his magic like this. Junhoe was much more handsome like this, and his hand was so warm as he leaned into the soft warmth. No one had ever touched him like that.

 

“Thank you.”

 

 

~*~

 

That was the last time Junhoe had seen Jinhwan. The school year had started so he only had a few precious hours after school and his activities to look for him in his backyard. Not even the tale tail sign of buzzing wings happened.

 

Sitting in his room he argued with himself, there was no way he could actually like the fairy could he? He had never contemplated about his uality knowing his parents would be happy with whoever he happened to fall for. Sighing he dropped his head on his desk, this needed to stop… maybe he imagined the whole thing.

 

Grabbing his school bag he quickly pulled out his books to begin his nightly homework ritual before going to sleep.

 

His moodiness eventually subsided his parents had contributed it to being in a new place and school. And they both lamented that Junhoe has always struggled to make friends, his lack of filter usually offended people without him meaning to as well as his awkward expression of emotion.

 

“Are you sure it’s okay? I mean you just moved in over the summer I don’t want to intrude if you’re still moving in.”

 

“It’s cool I’m moved in so my room is safe, my parents is a different story,” Junhoe denied as he opened the door.

 

“Hey you’re back early. Oh who’s this?” his mom poked her head from the living room.

 

“This is Donghyuk, we’ve been paired to work on a project for the semester,” Junhoe introduced, “This is Jieun, my mom.”

 

“Nice to meet you,” Donghyuk smiled and nodded to her.

 

“Hey you’ve made friends!”

 

Junhoe rolled his eyes, “I’m not that anti-social. Donghyuk this is my other mom, Dani.”

 

Donghyuk nodded and greeted the other woman politely as well.

 

“Great! Now me and Donghyuk will be upstairs working,” Junhoe quickly interrupted any unnecessary conversation and led the way down the hall to his room.

 

They set about dividing their work and when to meet up again to put everything together. “I live a couple of streets down, so you can always come over if you want,” Donghyuk tried to alleviate the awkwardness that had settled once they were done with their school stuff.

 

“Just say it,” Junhoe said knowing exactly what was bothering his classmate.

 

“You have two moms,” Donghyuk blurted out before he quickly apologized. “Nothing to apologize for, I have two moms, fact.” Junhoe shrugged, and stood setting his phone on his desk and watched Donghyuk put his stuff away.

 

A distinct buzz caught his ears and he quickly looked around hoping to spot iridescent rainbow wings. He must be hiding, he thought once the buzzing stopped.

 

“Alright so I’m heading out,” Donghyuk announced as he walked out Junhoe following.

 

“We’re making dinner now Junhoe. Donghyuk you’re welcome to come join us anytime,” Jieun extended her invitation, “Thank you, I’ll consider it. Have a good night.”

 

Junhoe waved at Donghyuk and told him he’d see him in school.

 

“Is everything okay?” Dani asked standing next to her wife who looked worried. “Yeah, don’t worry,” Junhoe shrugged as he walked past them back to his room.

 

“Okay food will be ready in about forty minutes.”

 

 

“Jinhwan?” Junhoe spoke as he shut the door of his room, “Are you still here?”

 

“Who was that?” the fairy asked flying from the pile of clothes by his closet. “My classmate. He goes to my school,” Junhoe answered, “I…wh… where were you?”

 

Jinhwan flew to his bed and perched himself on his bed.

 

“I went to visit my parents.”

 

Junhoe sat down on the bed and watched the fairy make himself comfortable by laying down. His eyes took in the fairy’s small legs and slender arms as he lay there, shaking himself he looked away, his brain finally interpreting Jinhwan’s words.

 

“Wait you have parents? But you said you were born from a flower.”

 

“I did,” Jinhwan affirmed and then sighed seeing Junhoe’s confused expression, “Flowers can’t just produce fairies Junhoe. My parents came together and with their magic and true desire to have a baby they had me. I guess you can say between the two they made an ‘egg’ and placed me in a flower until I ‘hatched.’”

 

Okay that makes sense, Junhoe thought as he laid back on the bed closing his eyes. He was tired and it was still early.

 

Jinhwan watched as the human closed his eyes. He could feel the boy’s calm waves of sleep coming off of him. Sitting up he moved towards the head of the bed and sitting against the pillow next to Junhoe’s head he began to sing to him.

 

His soft singing lulled the human into a full sleep as he moved to become more comfortable.

 

“Junhoe,” Jinhwan whispered placing his hand into Junhoe’s hair, and not for the first time he wished he was human so he could be able to run his hand through it like he wanted to.

 

Standing he made his way to the window which he noticed Junhoe left open a small crack so he could get in and out without any trouble. Squeezing out he looked back and was glad at his exit since one of Junhoe’s moms came in. He watched as the woman ran her fingers through his hair before grabbing the throw blanket on the floor and draping it across him and then turning off the light before making her way out.

 

~*~

 

Jinhwan was sitting on a fat bloom as he watched his fellow fairies flutter around, greeting each other.

 

It was the end of summer so they were having a bit of a party to say farewell to each other until spring. He had greeted his parents earlier and some of his friends before he moved away and sat in his current spot. His thoughts going to Junhoe.

 

Junhoe. 

 

Junhoe had been seeing that other human boy more and more, and somehow every time he saw them together it made Jinhwan feel uncomfortable. Sighing he laid back and stared at the sky it was late in the day, the sky turning orange with the beginning sunset.

 

"Jinhwan!"

 

"Jinhwan!" 

 

Jinhwan hummed before sitting up and going towards where every one was gathering around the elders getting ready to sing the last song of summer and then heading home. 

 

As they finished Jinhwan hugged his parents and hugged Hanbin as they started to head their separate ways. 

 

"Jinhwan?"

 

Jinhwan turned and walked towards the elder, who was sitting next to the tree, "Come here child." 

 

Sitting next to him Jinhwan looked at the much older fairy, "There is a cloud of melancholy around you. Now tell me what's wrong?"

 

Releasing a huge sigh of air Jinhwan placed his head on the elder’s lap and let him pet his hair. Everything came out, his first meeting with the human, to the point of having used his magic to become human, to now. 

 

"Oh love is such a beautiful and terrifying thing," the elder murmured, "I'm in love?" Jinhwan asked as he sat up and turned to face the elder. "Don't. Jinhwan love between fairies is very different from love between a human and a fairy. Be very aware that if you pledge your love to this human, your fairy magic will leave you and you will become human just like him. So be very careful to who you pledge your love to sweetheart. Because once you become human, that's it. You cannot return to being a fairy if that love does not work out it could possibly kill you."

 

Jinhwan nodded understanding his elder's words. 

 

"Thank you."

 

"You're welcome, now run along, it's late. I hope to see you next spring," the elder patted his cheek before he rose himself, his wings carrying up to the tree branches.

 

With a sigh Jinhwan took flight to go back to his home. 

 

Arriving back, he looked to Junhoe's window and noticed the light was off. Flying closer he saw the human asleep in his bed. It must be late, Jinhwan thought, with a new determination Jinhwan squeezed himself inside and fluttered to the bed. 

 

"Goodnight Junhoe," he murmured as he patted the other's arm. Fluttering to the floor Jinhwan grabbed a shirt and brought it up to the bed with him to where he had decided to sleep next to the pillow for the night.

 

 

~*~

 

"You have been sleeping in his house haven't you?" Hanbin asked as Jinhwan came back to his bird house with flower petals. 

 

"What gives you that idea?" Jinhwan asked as he placed them inside before he grabbed Hanbin and pulled him along to help him collect more flower petals. "Because any other time you would have already done this and I came by two nights in a row and you never came back. And last night I looked for you and saw you curled up next to that human."

 

Sighing Jinhwan began to collect more petals, "I just like him okay." "No Jinhwan, if you 'just liked' him you wouldn't spend all of your time with him," Hanbin denied as he started helping his friend collect the petals, "It's been months since you've come out with me or Bobby."

 

"I'm sorry. I just... I really like him. I want him to like me," Jinhwan finally admitted, "Sounds more like love to me." 

 

Jinhwan turned sad eyes unto Hanbin, "I'm not ready for that. I can't. I have to wait until he's ready because once I say it, I'll become human, you understand right?" the tears cascaded down his cheeks. "Oh Jinani," Hanbin wrapped his arms around Jinhwan and hugged him.

 

~*~

 

Junhoe looked down at his watch for the nth time that night. He had agreed to go out with Donghyuk and his friends to the arcade. His parents were over the moon that he had finally decided to act like a normal eighteen-year-old and go out. But all he truly wanted to do was to hang out in his room with Jinhwan. 

 

Taking a deep breath, he excused himself to the bathroom. He needed some quiet, granted the bathroom wasn't any better but at least it muffled the loudness of the game room. Locking himself in a stall he took a deep breath, he was getting a massive headache.

 

Going back out into the game room, he spent another thirty minutes acting like he was well before he gave up and told the guys that he was done for the night. 

 

"Okay, have a good night."

 

Junhoe waved at them and was surprised when Donghyuk followed him. "Hey so call me or text me when you get home. No offense but you really do look like ." "Thanks for the compliment. Yeah I'll let you know. Later. Good luck with getting that idiot into bed with you."

 

"What! No, shut up..." Donghyuk blushed, "We'll see."

 

"Just kiss him at his door goodnight Dong. Trust me it'll work."

 

"Speaking from experience?"

 

"Maybe."

 

"Liar. Feel better I'll see you Monday."

 

Junhoe nodded and then walked away, shivering slightly. The nights had begun to cool off and mornings were starting get chilly. He was looking forward to the cool months and staying in to catch up on his reading and just generally being lazy.

 

As he was nearing his house he was pushed towards the wall of his neighbor's house.

 

"What the !" he yelled turning to look at who was trying to assault him.

 

Amber and blue green eyes glared at him, something about the eyes threw him off. 

 

"What does he see in you. Like seriously, maybe it's because you're tall."

 

"What's your problem? You know this is considered assault," Junhoe said as he shook off the guy's hands.

 

"We don't care; we want you to stop hurting him."

 

"What? I'm not hurting anyone. Ya'll are probably drunk go home," Junhoe pushed the two away before heading towards his house. 

 

"Junhoe."

 

Junhoe stopped and ly for his eyes to widen seeing two flying fairies in his face. 

 

"You're fairies."

 

~*~

 

Sitting at a bench by the small playground Junhoe observed the two fairies before him. 

 

"Are you Jinhwan's friends?" he asked quietly, "I'm Hanbin." 

 

"I'm Bobby."

 

The amber eyed fairy, Hanbin flew closer to him, "Stop hurting Jinhwan."

 

"What do you mean? I haven't done anything to him," Junhoe defended himself. 

 

"That's precisely it. You being indecisive is hurting him, the more he hurts the more he'll lose his magic," Hanbin jabbed a finger into Junhoe's nose.

 

"Indecisive about what?"

 

"You loving him," Bobby cut in pulling Hanbin away from Junhoe.

 

Junhoe sputtered, he had no earthly clue as to how to respond to that. His headache came back full force, did he love Jinhwan? He knew he liked him sure... maybe a little more than friends but like he didn't ever want to think about it.

 

"I... I don't... I well... I just" Junhoe stammered he wasn't sure how to answer.

 

“We know that you probably don’t mean any harm Junhoe, but you have to straighten everything out with Jinhwan before he really does lose his magic,” Bobby interjected as he held unto Hanbin, who looked positively murderous.

 

Junhoe nodded understanding that Jinhwan had friends who cared about him just like he did, no matter how much he would deny it.

 

“Have a good night Junhoe. Jinhwan is waiting for you,” Bobby smiled as he pulled Hanbin along behind him as the two flew away.

 

Junhoe sat back on the bench as he looked up to the sky. This was all so surreal but his feelings were not. He wasn’t sure if he loved Jinhwan but he didn’t want him to be hurting because of him. With a semblance of courage and determination he stood and headed home.

 

Walking into his room he nearly yelled at seeing another human on his bed.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” he hissed quietly as he got control of himself, “You scared the out of me.”

 

“Sorry I didn’t mean to. Your moms are already asleep,” Jinhwan spoke quietly as he sat up.

 

Junhoe had only seen Jinhwan like this once before and this time he was much more aware of what this fairy caused him to feel. He couldn’t help but stare, Jinhwan was wearing his usual grass skirt and a couple of necklaces, this time he had a flower crown on his head. Swallowing he averted his gaze and taking off his jacket and sweater.

 

Jinhwan bit his lip he had been expecting a different reaction. He had been studying human couples and he had hoped Junhoe would approach him like the human boys approached other human girls. Well he was a boy so maybe it was different.

 

"Junhoe..."

 

Junhoe quickly undressed and grabbed his sleeping clothes. "Scoot over, my bed is kind of small but we'll manage," Junhoe patted the fairy’s leg as he pulled his shirt over his head. Jinhwan smiled as he scooted over, he watched as Junhoe flopped down next to him. 

 

This human was breathtaking, the way his hair fell around his forehead, Jinhwan couldn't help himself and lightly moved them, his fingers gracing the smooth skin. "Hyung..." Junhoe murmured as he opened his eyes and looked at Jinhwan hovering over him. Junhoe wasn't sure if Jinhwan was older than him but the way the fairy spoke it seemed that he had been around much longer than him. Plus all the magic the fairy possessed probably messed with their aging. Groaning softly, he shut his eyes and turned pulling Jinhwan into his arms.

 

"You feel good," Junhoe confessed as he hugged the warm body, "You should do this more often."

 

Jinhwan couldn't help that his heart sped up and his cheeks got hot, "Maybe." He murmured letting the human snuggle him, his nose poking his collar bone. He closed his eyes feeling Junhoe's hands on his back, fingers trailing down his skin. He has never experienced anything like this. It felt amazing, sure his fellow fairies hugged and touched each other but this feeling was almost overwhelming. The way Junhoe's breath skimmed against his skin made a violent shiver run down his back and a trickle of heat pool in his stomach. 

 

Swallowing thickly Jinhwan reached up and ran his fingers through Junhoe's hair, calming himself down he took a deep breath and softly started to sing to Junhoe, lulling him to sleep.

 

~*~

 

Jinhwan had been spending the nights more and more in Junhoe's arms. And his friends had noticed that his wings were beginning to lose their rainbow light.

 

"You're becoming human," Hanbin pointed out with slight distaste. Jinhwan didn't look at Hanbin as he made another skirt from the leaves of holly. "Jinhwan, you can't just let your magic leave like this, it will kill you," Hanbin begged as he grabbed Jinhwan's hands.  

 

"I can't just forget my feelings Hanbin," Jinhwan spoke softly as he lightly touched his friend's cheek his thumb wiping away a crystal blue tear. "But I don't want to lose you," Hanbin murmured as he moved closer. "Silly, I'm sure about my feelings and his Hanbin, I'll be fine," Jinhwan smiled as he kissed his forehead and patted his cheek.

 

~*~

 

Junhoe sat at his normal lunch table with his friends. He had been struggling with how to tell Jinhwan, that he liked him... more than liked him. He had never been good at expressing his emotions, it's not like he had an aversion to expressing himself it's just he wasn't sure how to. He heard the bell ring in the far recesses of his mind and automatically stood up to follow the crowd. 

 

"June?"

 

He blinked feeling his arm in someone's grasp, "Hey Dong."

 

"Are you okay?" Donghyuk asked, "You seem really out of it these last few days."

 

Junhoe took a deep breath he needed help and Donghyuk had turned out to be a great and understanding friend. "Come with me," he led the way towards the men's restroom. Junhoe made sure there was no one in the stalls before he shut and locked the door.

 

"Hey I do like you June but not like that," Donghyuk tried to alleviate the tense atmosphere, "Whatever you're not my type."

 

Junhoe shrugged as he leaned against the wall he knew what he wanted to ask but he wasn't sure how to do it. He hated being like this sometimes, his inability to express himself was driving him nuts.

 

"Hey calm down, let me guess," Donghyuk moved closer laying a hand on his arm, "Is it about a girl?"

 

"No."

 

"Boy then," he affirmed, "So you probably like this guy but you being so emotionally stunted you don't know how to tell him."

 

Junhoe sent an unimpressed look towards Donghyuk before he gave him an affirmative nod. 

 

"Well the sheer fact that you can admit to liking him is a good start," Donghyuk smiled, "Have you like, talked to him?"

 

Junhoe gave the affirmative with a scoff, "Yeah I'm not that much of an idiot." He then went on to tell him how 'different' they were and he wasn't sure how to go about it. 

 

"June just, I mean I don't know you just have to take a lunge and just do it," Donghyuk floundered, "I wish I could do it for you but this is something that you need to do on your own. Ugh... why did you have to fall in love, you're so awkward, I wonder what he found attractive about you."

 

" you Dong, I don't need you, go away," Junhoe pushed him away with a playful glare. "I know how much you need me sweetheart. Since we've missed half the period already what did you want to do?"

 

~*~

 

Junhoe was beside himself, he had not seen Jinhwan in weeks. Every day after school he would quickly do his homework and then bundle up and go outside. He would softly whisper Jinhwan’s name around the dying back yard. Winter had set in, the frost making the beautiful plants around him wilt and save their energy until spring.

 

His parents expressed their worry over him, he knew they knew that his heart was broken.

 

“It’s okay sweetheart, they may not be the one.”

 

“But what if he was?”

 

He asked one night while he laid his head on Jieun’s lap, “Then you wait. Because a love meant to be will not leave. It’s only temporary. Maybe you’ll meet again… in a better situation. Right Dani?”

 

Junhoe turned his eyes to his other mom who had been sitting in a chair with a book, “She’s right you know. Do not stop living your life Junhoe, live it with that person in your heart.”

 

~*~*~*~

 

“I want to die and it’s the first day of class,” Donghyuk groaned as the two walked out of their class. “It’s your fault. How long did you and Yunhyeong go at it?” Junhoe laughed dodging a punch from his best friend, “I’ll have you know that we actually were very well behaved. We did not go at it as you say.”

 

Junhoe rolled his eyes, “Yeah, okay… well I’ll see you later at the dining hall?” 

 

“You know it.”

 

The two separated once they were outside. Sighing he wrapped his scarf around him as he walked towards the science building.

 

After graduating high school and filling out all his university applications, he had been looking through the school’s offered programs, and he had found out he had enjoyed knowing about living things. He had enrolled as a biology major, he was hoping he would later on specialize in botany.

 

He settled himself into his class by laying claim to his seat, warding everyone away with his stare. This was officially his second year in university, he had spent the summer at his parents and working part time at the florist.

 

But not a day went by when he didn’t keep a look out for iridescent wings. There were days where he would go sit on that same bench where those two fairies had talked to him. Some days he wondered if he had imagined it all. And every evening he would sit in the backyard, waiting.

 

~*~

 

The semester was in full swing. He had just collapsed unto their usual table at the dining hall, his head on the table.

 

“Man this semester must be already kicking your ,” he heard Donghyuk speak above his head. “Hey I have a new friend joining us today for dinner.”

 

“That’s cool,” he lifted his head, “I’m going to get food.”

 

He left the table to get himself the special of the day. On his way back to the table he saw another person sitting with Donghyuk and Yunhyeong.

 

“Hey Yun,” he greeted softly as he set his plate down on the table.

 

“June this is my classmate, Kim Jinhwan, Jinhwan this is Koo Junhoe my friend I was telling you about, he’s also in your major.”

 

Junhoe felt a strange sense of surrealism, Donghyuk’s words sounded so far away, muffled. Clear honey brown eyes looked into his own, they were not purple, but they were his eyes. Swallowing he nodded and inclined his head, “Nice to meet you.”  

 

Dinner was a quick affair as well as slightly awkward. Donghyuk was not afraid to tell Jinhwan so, “He’s so awkward. But don’t worry once he gets to know you he’s a lot less awkward.”

 

“Shut up Donghyuk.”

 

~

 

He came to find out that Jinhwan lived in the same building as they did as they had walked towards the apartment complex. Junhoe’s eyes had looked over Jinhwan. He has at least a head shorter and was bundled up in a puffy jacket, beanie and infinity scarf to ward off the cold.

 

“Us fairies we don’t like the cold. Our magic recedes during winter which is why most of the plants die during that time and sometimes we become weak. Which is why there’s hardly ever a sighting of us during the winter.”

 

After saying their goodnights Donghyuk and Yunhyeong headed down the hall to their room.

 

Junhoe hesitated before he turned to head towards the elevator.

 

“Junhoe.”

 

Closing his eyes, he felt his heart burst in his chest. The wound he had stitched together ripped open and he was flooded with a million and one emotions that he had no hope of distinguishing, but there was one emotion at the forefront of it all.

 

Turning around he took three steps before he gathered Jinhwan into his arms. Burying his face into his scarf he inhaled deeply the scent of flowers and his eyes started sting.

 

“I missed you.”

 

“I missed you too,” Jinhwan returned as he wrapped his own arms around Junhoe. “No you have no idea. I missed you so much, I would wait for you every day. Coming here was torture but every time I went home I…”

 

“I know. I’m sorry,” Jinhwan pulled back slightly so he could softly place his hand on Junhoe’s cheek, “I’ll tell you everything, I promise. For now, please kiss me.”

 

Junhoe looked into those honey brown eyes, before he leaned down and did as he was asked. It was magical, their lips gently moved against each other. His arms wrapping even tighter around Jinhwan as he pulled him closer his body flush against his.

 

Jinhwan let the feeling consume him, one of his hands travelling up Junhoe’s nape as his other held unto his shoulder. It was cold in the hall but neither cared. Breaking the kiss Junhoe pressed their foreheads together, “Come to my room?”

 

“I thought you’d never ask.”

 

~*~

 

They lay together Junhoe wrapped around Jinhwan, his face buried into the once fairy’s neck inhaling his scent.

 

“I have something to tell you.”

 

Jinhwan who had been running his fingers through Junhoe’s soft hair, “Yeah?” He looked down as Junhoe raised his head to look at him.

 

“I love you.”

 

Junhoe reached up as a single tear slid down Jinhwan’s cheek.

 

Releasing a shaky breath Jinhwan leaned down their foreheads touching, their breathes intermingling, “I love you too… so much.”

 

“You’re mine my flower fairy,” Junhoe whispered burying his face once more into Jinhwan’s neck. “As you are mine human boy,” Jinhwan once more resumed his previous position, fingers in Junhoe’s hair.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much! I hope you all enjoyed and I hope ya'll drop a comment.