Chapter 1

Housemates

Sunggyu POV

    "Wow, this place is huge." I said as I looked up at the masion in front of me.

     I was finally moving in with my cousin Kim Myungsoo. I had just recently quit my job because of my disgusting boss who only wanted to get in my pants. I loved my job being a singing instructor and the academy I worked at was one of the best so I didn't want to leave. Myungsoo gave me a call and as we talked I mentioned the disgusting boss. He then told me that there was a position open at the academy he was working at. When he told me it was Woollim Academy I said I would quit and see if I could get the job.

    Woollim Academy was an Art Academy that was branched off of Woollim Entertainment, the best entertainment industry in the country. A lot of the students that attended became trainees and got famous. They would become singers, actors, or some kind of entertainer. It would be amazing to work at such a prestigious place. I would be doing what I loved without having a erted boss and I could meet only the best band in the world, Nell. I have been a fan since high school. 

    I had always wanted to wanted to attend Woollim Academy and become a singer and be in a band like Nell but my parents had been against it. They wanted me to inherit the family business. My friend began a band and he needed a singer so he asked me to join. I decided to accept and joined the bad without my parents knowing. I hoped that we would get noticed and make it big but back then rock bands were not that popular. Yeah we gained popularity in our town and even in the towns surrounding us but not enough to interest a label group. 

    After high school we ended up disbanding. I went on to study business like my dad wanted me to but behind his back I secretly took music classes to improve my singing and to learn how to compose songs. I ended up dropping business and focused on getting a degree in music composition and vocal. It had stayed a secret until I graduated and my dad finally took notice of the classes I had been taking. He was angry and kicked me out of the house saying that I was no longer his son and that he didn't want to see me again. I moved in with a friend from my old band and he got me a job where he was working at. After two years he quit and began to independently teach guitar. I haven't talked to any of my family since. 

    Myungsoo recently got into a similar situation. He wanted to focus on his music and his guitar instead of business like his father wanted him to. When his father found out he kicked myungsoo out as well but his mother secretly helped him out. She even got him the job at Woollim Academy. He called me a little after to tell me what had happened and we began to talk a little more. Out dads had cut off communication with me when I left and had forbidden all family to reach out to me, Myungsoo had tried but his father wouldn't budge and took his phone for a while until he was sure that Myungsoo wouldn't try to talk to me again, but now he was able to reach out to me and we regained the friendship we had before I had left home.  

    Anyways, he had offered to put in a good word for me at Woollim Academy and he even offered to let me live in his house for half the price of the rent his housemates paid. It was a lot closer to the academy than my current place. He also told me there were two cooks among the housemates so I was sad. I was too lazy to cook for myself so I either ordered out or ate ramen. Hopefully now I would be able to eat luxurious food.  

    I knocked on the door and waited for Myungsoo to open the door and waited for Myungsoo to open it. I waited for three minutes but no one opened so I knocked again. After six more minutes of waiting I called Myungsoo. 

    "Hyung, what's up?" Myungsoo asked as he picked up. 

    "Hey I'm at your place but no one is answering." 

    "You're there already?" 

    "Yeah." 

    "Sorry hyung. I was supposed to be back by the time you got there but stuff came up at work and I lost track of time. I'll head over there soon. Sungyeol should be there. He's probably busy watching some drama or something. I'll call him to open the door." 

    "Sungyeollie lives here? You never told me that." 

    "Oh I guess I forgot. Anyways, let me call him and I'll see you in a bit." 

    "Hurry up kiddo." 

    Myungsoo laughed before he hung up the phone. I waited for a little while before knocking on the door again. Just as I was about to knock the door flew open and an out of breathe Sungyeol opened the door.  

    "Hyung!" He exclaimed before he almost knocked me over and gave me a hug. "I've missed you so much hyung!" 

    "I've missed you too Yeollie." I hugged him back. 

    It had been a long time since I had seen Sungyeol. He had been Myungsoo's friend since middle school. When Myungsoo started going to high school they both started hanging out with me. At first I was a little annoyed by Sungyeol's talkative self but I got used to it after a while. It became fun to listen to him talk about other people's drama. I never cared for the gossip that circulated the school but he made it seem like it was all a tv drama. I never cared much about those either but Sungyeol just made it all seem fun.  

    When I graduated high school I would still hang out with the two of them whenever I could. I was a good hyung to them and bought them lunch whenever I could. When Sungyeol graduated he went to a good arts university where he studied acting. I lost touch with him because our schools were far away from each other and I got busy with keeping my grades up and secretly taking my music classes.  

    "It's so good to see you hyung," Sunggyeol pulled back and gave me a once over. " You got a little taller hyung but now I'm taller than you." 

    "Gee thanks Sungyeol. Way to boost up my confidence." I rolled my eyes at him. 

    "Haha. Still the sarcastic hamster." 

    "Yah Sungyeol! Respect your hyung!" 

    "Yeah yeah whatever. Anyways, come in. I'll show you to your room." 

    He grabbed my two suitcases, leaving me with my small duffel bag and my backpack, and walked into the house still talking. I followed behind him. 

    "Myungsoo told us we were getting a new co-worker and housemate but he didn't tell me it was going to be you until just now that he called me. Sorry about that by the way. I was watching a drama and had my earphones plugged in so I didn't hear you knocking." 

    "It's okay. Don't worry about it." 

    "Hyung, it's going to be so much fun living together. It will be like living in a dorm. We can watch dramas together. The one I'm watching right now is super cute. The main guy is super shy and misunderstood..." 

    As Sungyeol kept talking about the drama I looked around the house. We walked through a short hallway that led to a huge living room. I could see a little of the kitchen since it opened to the living room except for a half wall counter with four barstools underneath. We were walking towards the stairs that led up to the second floor and I noticed a side room also open to the living room with weights and exercise machines. The stairs led to an open game room type space. On both sides of the landing there was a hallway with doors on both sides. Sungyeol led me to left hallway. There were four doors, two on each side. He led me to the last door on the right facing the back of the house. He opened the door and waited for me to walk through.  

    "Wow," was all I could say. The room was huge. It was like a master bedroom. 

    "Yeah it's pretty awesome. You do have to share a bathroom with someone else but it will just be you two sharing it. It's pretty big and has doors and walls that hide the shower, toilet, and tub so you don't have to worry about walking in on them or whatever." 

    "This is awesome." 

    "Yeah it is. So do you need help unpacking." 

    "No I'm good." 

    "Okay, well Myungsoo should be here soon. I'll leave you to unpack but I will be back to give you a tour of the place. Oh, I'll cook you something delicious to eat to welcome you home." 

    "What? You can cook?" 

    "Geez hyung, I'm not totally useless. I'm a pretty decent cook. We have another cook in the house. He's a master chef but only in his spare time or when he's not being lazy." 

    "Well I'll believe it when I see it." 

    "It will blow your mind away." 

    "If I don’t die from food poisoning." 

    "Hyung!" He whined," have some faith in me." 

    "Yeah yeah go away and let me pack." 

    "So mean hyung," he pouted. 

    "Still a little brat aren't you," I cooed at him. 

    "Whatever. I'm leaving now." 

    "Bye." 

    As he walked out of the room he turned back around and stuck his tongue out at me. Guess some things don't change.  

    I turned to look around the room. It really was huge. There was a queen size bed against the left side of the wall and a huge TV hanging on the wall opposite it. There was a lampstand on both sides of the bed and a dresser under the TV with a DVD set and a PlayStation set on top. In the corner near the door there was a desk with a two screen computer on top and a piano keyboard next to the desk. There was also a love seat couch on another wall. I went over to a door that led to a balcony that went around the entire back of the house. There were stairs on both ends that led down to the back patio and to the huge pool. There was also a hot tub connected to the pool. This was an awesome house. It made me wonder how Myungsoo had aquired it. 

    I walked back inside and over to what I assumed was the closet and opened the door. It was a huge walk in closet with a lot of shelves and places to store clothes and shoes. It was pretty amazing. I began to unpack my clothes and some other things that I had brought with me. I would later receive my other boxes from my friend. He had offered to drive them over and help me out. I was done with one suitcase when I heard a knock on my door. 

    "Come in," I said as I began unpacking the second suitcase. 

    "Hyung you're here!" I felt as I got a back hug from my favorite cousin. 

    "Hey Myungie!" I turned around and returned the hug. 

    "I've missed you hyung. Ever since you left. I'm sorry I didn't contact you sooner. Sorry it took me being kicked out to reach out to you." 

    "Hey don't worry about it. I know uncle can be scary, my dad as well. I don't blame you. Besides, I'm glad you didn't. I'm sure they would have kicked you out sooner if they found out you were talking to me even after they warned you not to." 

    "I'm still sorry." 

    "Okay, then I forgive you." 

    He let go of me and grinned at me. 

    "I really did miss you hyung." 

    "Okay that's enough. Stop being so cheesy and help me finish unpacking." 

    "Neh hyung." 

    We finished unpacking everything in an hour. 

    "Is this all you brought?" 

    "Yeah. For now at least. I will be getting the rest later." 

    "Okay that's good. If you need any help let me know." 

    "I was wondering, how did you come to live in this mansion?" 

    "Oh. Uh well mom helped me. It's her house. It's her house. I'm not even sure dad knows about it. She gave it to me. She paid all the bills at first but with the housemates I didn't really need her help anymore. Also the job pays really well. I actually have more than enough with what they pitch in. I'm making some profit haha. I feel like I'm running an apartment or something. That's why I told you to only pay half cause I really don’t need it." 

    "Wow, that's awesome. I'm happy that your mom is still in contact with you and even helping you out behind your dads back." 

    "Yeah. I guess I was lucky. I'm sorry hyung." 

    "Stop. I already told you have nothing to be sorry about. It's not your fault my parents . Besides, I'm happy now. I get to do what I love and I am now living in this awesome mansion. I have you which is all the family that I need. I am happy." 

    "Good. I'm glad." 

    "Hey guys. Food is ready," Sungyeol opened the door and popped his head in. 

    "Let's go hyung. Sungyeol actually cooks pretty good." 

    "Really? I won't get food poisoning or something?"

    "Actually now that I think about it, this one time..." 

    "Yah! You don't have to eat! You can just starve!" 

    "Aw hyung. You know I was just kidding," Myungsoo said as he wrapped his arms around Sungyeol and began to pull him towards the kitchen. 

    I followed behind them as I laughed at their silliness. I really had missed this.


Yay!!! Finally added the first chapter!! I'm not really that happy about it but it is the first chapter so it's more of an intro to who they are and where their living. The idea for the house kind of came from Roommates but I added and changed some things. So if you've seen Roommates just imagine that their house is similar to that house. Also the drama Sungyeol was telling Sunggyu about is My Shy Boss. I added it in because while I was writing out the chapter I was finishing up the drama so yeah. If you have not seen it I encourage you to see it because it is really good.

Anyways I hope you enjoy. I don't know when I will update again but I already started writing out the second chapeter. Please be patient with me because there are a bunch of things going on around me and I am busy but hopefully it will slow down as summer comes and I'll be able to update Housemates and Breaking the Walls more frequently at least until I get busy again with the next school year.

Love you fellow Inspirits!! Please leave me comments cause I love reading them and encourage me to keep writing!! Have a good day/night (or whatever it is wherever you are lol)!