Lucky Nothings. Take #2

Lucky Nothings
 

 

Luck or Coincidence : a KissPM one-shot

 

It was her first time at one of these music shows. She was looking around for her friend that invited her but there were so many people it was making her dizzy.

“Hey, where have you been? I’ve been looking everywhere for you. Come on,” She felt a hand pull her arm towards her table.  

“Sorry, I got lost.” They reached their allocated table where several of Kevin’s friend’s were and she sat down beside him.

Kevin had invited her to the music show and he had even gotten her air tickets to attend. She had known Kevin for a while now; actually they attended the same high school before he moved. They had been friends since the start of high school and have kept in contact ever since, even with Kevin’s career.

When he found out he was debuting in a new idol group he called her up straight away. She was the first person he introduced to his U-Kiss band mates and she had been a permanent attachment to them since their first encounter.

She got up to go to the bathroom and U-Kiss had gone to prepare for their stage. When she got back it seemed as though everything moved and that there were even more people than before. She tried to find her table but was pushed onto another one instead.

She was forced onto a chair and several pair of eyes stared at her. There were seven guys alright, but they weren’t U-Kiss and there was no Kevin in sight. The male sitting next to her raised an eyebrow which made her slightly uneasy.

“Uhh, hi I’m Lily?” She held out her hand. Lily mentally cursed at herself thinking of how lame she probably looked right now.

“Jay.” He chuckled before accepting her handshake. Jay? As in Park Jaebeom from 2PM?

“2PM right?” he nodded. “Nice to meet you all.” She bowed her head to the others occupying the table.

“Are you lost?” she looked up at the male seated across her, Taecyeon, ask. “You look a little nervous.” His tone was soft. She was expecting a full on interrogation telling her to go away but these boys seemed genuinely concerned.

“Well, I got up to go to the bathroom and then couldn’t find my table. My friend and his band mates went up for their performance and then I couldn’t find them. I got pushed and… well landed here. I’ll go, he’s prob—“she felt a strong hold on her arm by the male seated next to her. He pulled her back down.

“It’s fine. Stay here; don’t want you to get lost even more.” Jay said. She gave a thankful smile and nod before turning her attention towards the stage.

After a few questions from 2PM, the seven stood up from their chairs for their turn on the stage. Jay smiled inwardly at the anxious look on Lily’s face.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be fine here okay? We’ll see you after our performance Lily.” Jay patted the girl on the head before leading s backstage. She relaxed a little on her seat before she was pulled out of her seat.

“Woah, let go!” she looked to see Kevin and U-Kiss beside him.

“Where were you? Aisshh, it’s like looking after a child. Stop running off like that. Do you have any idea how worried I was?!” his voice was strict but low enough for only her to hear.

On screen he may act like that carefree, hyper active, girly member but he was definitely not like that off screen. He tended to be overly protective sometimes, no scratch that, a lot of the time. Especially to her. That was just one of the things she hated about him. Even though they were the same age he treated her like a child, like his baby sister. She shivered at that thought. She never wanted to be a baby sister to him, she wanted more but knowing her stubborn mindset, she would never admit to that.

“Kev, I can look after myself you know. I just get… a little lost in big crowds.” She muttered the last part, avoiding his gaze.

“Lils, I know you. You can’t find your way back and you start to panic. You lose your head and get pushed around until you land up somewhere, on a bus to Busan!”

“Yah! That was one time. And besides, I learnt my lesson from that. We’re in Busan now and I have to get back to Seoul anyway so don’t you think that was a good experience?!” their whispered argument was causing the other members to become uncomfortable.

“Lover’s tiff?” Kibum whispered to Eli.

“Kibum don’t ask Eli that. He’ll get jealous.” This earned Alexander a shove from Eli.


After their performance, 2PM went back to their table. When they were seated they felt as though something was missing.

“Hey Jay, where’s that girl Lily? Didn’t you tell her to stay put?” Khun questioned the leader.

“Yeah I did. Maybe her friend found her.” He shrugged, looking over at the empty seat where the said girl had sat. “I hope she didn’t get lost again.” Jay said to himself. He took one more look around the round table and room before averting his attention to watch the rest of the performances.

Jay’s attention wasn’t fully on the performances as his mind couldn’t help but drift back to the, albeit, weird encounter. The girl’s hair had been tied back in a side ponytail; her skin was pale with a tint of pink on her cheeks, she had oval eyes, her orbs a rare light brown colour. She wore a simple black dress shirt, open with a grey tank top hidden underneath, her dark blue skinny jeans hugging her curvy hips and slim legs, topped (or would that be bottomed) off with black, strappy heels. It was amazing at how much he remembered of the girl he had only met for less than 7 minutes.


Lily had somehow wandered her way over to some kind of after party-slash-backstage-slash-dinner hall type setting. Kevin and the rest of the U-Kiss boys had another schedule to go to, but Kevin was reluctant to leave his Lily alone. She convinced him that she would be fine and if she had doubts about anything she would call Kevin straight away. He finally obliged, mostly due to the dragging of his band mates, and left Lily alone in the hall.

She had spotted a couple of familiar figures and hoped that they could help her find what she was looking for. Lily didn’t understand why she had the urge to find this particular someone and she didn’t know what she would say but there was just someone she was drawn to about him.

It wasn’t because he was the infamous leader of new idol group 2PM, or was it? No, she wasn’t shallow. Maybe it was the way he smiled at her, offered her to stay; worried that she might get lost even when they didn’t know each other. Just thinking about it made her stomach perform back flips.

Lily took a deep breath before approaching the two males she recognised as Taecyeon and Junho, seated on a table and chair respectively.

“Excuse me,” she began slowly. The two males stopped conversing and turned towards the girl. “Where’s Jay?” Taecyeon pointed towards the counter and Lily bowed before spotting the figure at the bar counter.

“Hyung, why did you tell her where Jaebeommie-hyung was?” Junho whispered in a tone mixed with concern and confusion. Taecyeon simply shrugged and turned his attention to their leader and their guest.

“Jay!” Lily called out to the male at the bar counter.

“Oh Lily!” Jay said surprised, approaching the younger girl. “What’s up? You disappeared when we came back.”

“Uhh... my friend found me and guided, well dragged, me back to our table. I-I heard you guys were in here so... I thought I should say a proper good bye.” Jay hid a smile at the stuttering girl. “I must look like an obsessed fangirl right about now don’t I?”

“Well... “Jay teased which earned a small laugh and shove from Lily. “So, where is this friend of yours? He’s not a very good friend to let you wander by yourself in and unknown building.”

“He and his band mates had another schedule to go to. By the way, you guys did great out there tonight. Really, amazing.” She turned to look at the other members scattered across the room. They gave her a small smile and nod before returning to whatever it was they were doing.

Junho made his way over and placed rested his arm on his leader’s shoulder. “Hyung, is she like following you or something? Want me and Taecyeon-hyung to get rid of her?” he whispered to the older male, nodding his head to the girl standing in front of him.

“Junho-yah, when did you become so violent?” Jay whispered back.

Lily’s Korean was not the best but she could make out the gist of what Junho was implying. “I’m not a crazed fan Junho-ssi.” Her words coming out slurred as she shook her head. She saw a sly smile play on Jay’s lips and Junho point to her with his thumb, still conversing through whispers of which she assumed was about her. “No really, I’m not!” she shook her head and waved her hands in front of her.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to see taller, bigger man telling her that she wasn’t authorised to be here. “I guess that’s my cue to leave.”

“What, already?” Jay mockingly asked.

“Yeah, that scary guy said I had to leave. I don’t even know why I was here in the first place.” Lily replied, more to herself than to Jay. “Maybe I could get your number?” She mentally banged her head against a wall for asking that.

“Uhh, I... don’t really... give out my personal details... especially to fans... “Jay hesitated, caught off guard by the girl’s directness.

“I know.” She cut him off. “I wasn’t asking for it, even though I just did. Uhh, I don’t know what I was, I’ll see you around.” She bowed before rushing towards the exit.

“Wait, where are you heading off to? How are you supposed to get home?” Jay shouted towards the exiting girl.

“I’m taking a train back to Seoul!” she shouted back before disappearing out the door.

“Hyung, aren’t we taking a train back to Seoul?” Junho questioned causing the grin on their leader to grow even wider.

“Yeah, yeah we are.”


Looking up at the hangul signs, Lily struggled to figure out which was the gate she was supposed to be at. She reached into her small, black backpack, in search for her train ticket. When she couldn’t feel what she was looking for, Lily emptied her bag onto the floor and realised that her ticket wasn’t there.

“Ahh, Kevin forgot to give it to me.” She brought a palm up to her face before packing up her belongings. She looked around the train station and found a ticket booth. She looked up at the digital board displaying the departure and arrival times of the train. Unfortunately for Lily, this particular board did not have any Roman letters and the hangul letters were making no sense to her.

Lily spotted a map stand and decided to try her luck. Maybe one of the maps would trigger her memory or she could use it to show the ticket distributer where she needed to go. Her eyes scanned each one of the books and none seemed to be the one she needed.

“Lost?” a voice brought Lily out of her daze and she turned to see a familiar figure standing to the left of her.

“What are you –“

 “You left before I could give you my number,” Jay said with that sly smile on his lips. She laughed quietly to herself before approaching him.

“I thought you didn’t give crazed fans your personal details Mr Park.” She teased.

“I don’t. But you’re not a crazed fan now are you Miss Lily.” She chewed on her bottom lip, the blush evident on her cheeks. “You do know that the ticket counter is over there?” he pointed behind her.

“I know, but my Korean is horrible and I can’t seem to be able to read the hangul signs today.” She muttered in embarrassment. Jay held out a hand containing a white slip. “What is it?”

“Your train ticket.” She cocked and eyebrow in confusion. “I figured with your... direction sense you’d need it. Don’t worry; we had a spare since our manager didn’t come with us.” Lily chuckled before taking the ticket out of Jay’s grasp. He grabbed her backpack on the floor for her and put a hand on the small back. "Come on, the others are waiting. We're gonna miss it."

 

---

 

 

Author’s Note:
This is based on a dream I once had so it kinda makes no sense.
U-Kiss and 2PM, weird combination I know
but hey, you can’t control your dreams can you ^^”