Final

Sleepless

Tao might have fell in his deep sleep, if somebody didn't open his bedroom door. Made the blinding light from corridor bursting into his room. Even without asking, even in his half sober state, he still could recognize who would dare doing it. Who else if it's not his sister, Chen. Step sister, if he must add. She was really fond sneaking into his room.

"Gege, are you still awake?" asked her carefully.
Tao glanced at the door. She looked very small under thick blanket that engulfing her entire body. He groaned, immediately covered his face using his hand, "What do you want?"
"Ge, can i sleep at your room tonight?"
"Please?" she whined.
"Go back to your own room!"
She pouted hearing the answer, "You know i'm afraid of thunder."
Half asleep, he examined his surrounding. Chen was right. He was just too exhausted to realized that it's raining now. But he's too tired for this. School life, basketball practice, group study, his homework. He was beyond exhausted and he didn't want anyone disturbing his peaceful sleep time. Even his cute little sister, Chen.
"Just hide under your blanket, you wont hear anything."
"But Ge ..."
Suddenly there was a loud blaring sound from distance. Made the girl quickly cowered while covering her ears. "KYAAAAA!!!"
"Please..." she pleaded once again, almost crying now. Her face was pale, she must be very scared. Tao didn't have heart to say no.
Tao sighed. "Okay fine! You can sleep here tonight," said him, patting empty space next on his bed.
Her face instantly beamed hearing it. She immediately jumped onto Tao's bed. "You are the best gege ever!"

Tao then shifted his body, giving more space for her. She's a bit confused seeing it. This is so awkward. She felt there's a large gap between them. Why he had to do this anyway?
"We're supposed not to sleep together like this." Tao suddenly said.
She turned her gaze to him, "Why? We had done this since we're little anyway."
"Now and then are different. It's okay when we're still kids. But we are teenager now. Boys and girls are supposed not to sleep together. You understand?"
"What's wrong with us sleeping together? We only sleep on the same bed. We dont do anything."
"Of course it's wrong! What if something happens to you ..." 'What if i cant control myself not to touch you?'
"Then tell me, what will happen to me?" She curiously asked.
Tao really wanted to pull his hair. 'Why she acting so densed?'
"In example ..." he thought hard, suddenly felt nervous. He tried to find a rational reason. "What if your boyfriend found out that we sleep together? He must be very angry if he knows."
"So what? I dont have boyfriend."
"YAH! You little brat ..."

"Gege, hug me. I feel cold."
"I'm not your Teddy Bear."
"Hug meee~"
He already knew that he would never win against her. He would never win against those beautiful eyes that stole his heart.
He hesitantly reached out his arm to put it around her body. While she cozily snuggled on his chest.
"Good night Ge."
"Good night."
From this distance, he could smell the scent of her hair. It smelled fruity and warm, just like her. He hoped Chen wouldn't notice how heart beat crazily. Hugging her like this, why it felt so right and so wrong at the same time? Why her body so fit around his? Like they're made for each other. This is not fair.

If only she's not his sister.
If only his dad didn't marry Chen's mother.
If only she didn't come to his life.

Tao was still busy with his own thought when he realized. The atmosphere suddenly became so quiet. It looked like it had stop raining. Cause he didn't hear sound of thunder anymore.
"Chen?" he quietly asked. "The rain had stopped. Dont you wanna go back to your room?"
But he only heard a soft snore as answer. 'She must have been sleeping now.'
Tao pulled out his arm, wanted to release from her hug. But she clutched tightly on his shirt before he could do it. "Don't leave... Don't leave ...." she murmured. Her eyebrows furrowed, like she wanted to cry.
Tao felt so torn seeing it. He didn't want to hurt her. "It's okay. I'm here, I'm not leaving."
He hugged her again, this time tighter than before. It seemed his action slowly calmed her. She was back to sleep.

He sighed, feeling defeated. The night still long, but why he didn't feel sleepy at all? It's almost impossible to sleep in situation like this. Like it's impossible to escape from this forbidden feeling.