oh glazed eyes, empty hearts

solivagant

 

 
1
oh glazed eyes, empty hearts


 
the first time he sees her, she's piss drunk and dancing on one of the bar tables, wearing a sleazy red minidress and four-inch black heels. one of its straps hangs loose from her shoulders, but she doesn't seem to notice - or she does, and simply doesn't give a damn (he believes it to be the latter.) her right hand holds a beer glass half full, which she occasionally attempts to sip from; sadly, her drunken state prevents her from achieving anything. a delirious smile is plastered on her face as other clubbers cheer around her. she flashes a sultry smile to the man nearest to her, and leans down to snog him - which leads to a brief but steamy (and rather vocal) make-out session.
 
the sight disgusts him, but something stops him from looking away: it's the way she moves. through her euphoric ecstasy, there's a certain seductive air to her dancing. a few stumbles and unstable steps, but no one can deny the curves of her flexible body and her natural response and synchronization to the rhythm of the electronic music - one he knows for sure as one in the underground music industry. curious, indeed.
 
 
"you interested in her?"
 
namjoon's voice drives him away from his inquisitive thoughts, and yoongi shifts his gaze towards his friend instead. "no," he responds, his expression blank.
 
"well, funny. it sure seemed like it."
 
now yoongi knows namjoon's just trying to get on his bloody nerves. "it's not every day you see something like that," he snaps, jerking his head in the girl's direction. "i'm guessing it happens often for you?"
 
namjoon puts his hands up, as if to say, calm down. "in case you're curious, she's kang seulgi. rich- girl, infamous club vip, if you get what i mean. also the loudest drunk around. she dances like mad when she gets tipsy."
 
he eyes her as she stumbles across the dance floor. "evidently."
 
"rumours say she's on meth, but i wouldn't be surprised if it were true," namjoon continues nonchalantly. "anyhow, the show's going to begin in ten minutes, you ready?"
 
"when am i not?"
 
the taller responds with a snort, but it's not derisive. "got a point there, mate. i'll be backstage, if you need me - just come by before ten, you hear?"
 
"mm," yoongi answers, but he's not completely paying attention. his eyes are once again on the curious dame, the 'rich- girl'. she's still on the dance floor, and remains to be the center of attention.
 
her movements are surprisingly precise now for someone who's thoroughly wasted - he could be fooled if it weren't for the intoxicated grin on her face. his gaze lingers on her for longer than he would have liked to - without warning, her head jerks his way, and their eyes meet. 
 
she stares at him - for the briefest moment, she gives him a look of sober curiosity. in a trance, yoongi just blinks in return, then snaps back to reality; he looks away, his lips set into a taut line. refusing to let himself sustain his interest, he turns around and heads towards the dressing room - all the while attempting to erase any fascination he has about the peculiar girl - after all, she has nothing to do with him.




a/n: chapters will be short (that's the kind of story it is.)