Chapter 1 - The Unreachable Flower

Like a Butterfly

 


 

 

 

“Attention to all new students! We welcome you for another year of new adventure and congratulations to all of you. Good luck and have fun.”

 

“Lucky! There are so many cute students here!”

 

“Look at her! So cute!”

 

“Ask for her name, !”

 

“Eh? I can’t possibly ask for her name! That would be embarrassing. How about you do it?”

 

“Should I?”

 

“You should!”

 

“Okay okay! Wait he - HOLY !”

 

“What? What?”

 

“Daebak...”

 

“...Neomu yeoppo...”

 

Kim Taehee was used to the constant staring and gawking of the people around her. Living her life practically surrounded by her self-proclaimed fans, it already became a daily basis. But that doesn’t mean she likes it. In fact, she loathes to the very bone marrow in her body.

 

It was hard try living a normal life when people of the same gender would coo at the mere sound of her voice. She experienced it firsthand when she was in middle school, at an ALL-GIRLS SCHOOL.

 

It was then that she vowed not to talk, smile or laugh to anyone only if it’s necessary.

 

If it weren’t for her childhood friend and best friend, Park Jimin, who treats her like a normal person, she wouldn’t know what would her life would be.

 

It was Jimin who continuously saves her and protects her from her adoring fans. She had been by her side when she decided that she doesn’t want to go to a co-ed middle school after she was hoarded by her fanboys. But she later regretted that decision when she found out that her fangirls’ viciousness cannot be compared to anyone. It was a traumatic experience.

 

“These sunbaes sure are noisy.” The so called Park Jimin muttered under her breath as she glared around the boys that are unashamedly staring in their way. You could basically see the  hearts in their eyes.

 

Park Jimin, a petite girl with hazelnut bob cut hair and chubby rosy cheeks that adorned her heart-shaped face. She was the typical cute kind of girl with her adorable smile.

 

“You sure attract a lot of attention, Taehee-ah.” She nudged her friend teasingly who was walking quietly beside her. The girl in question seems to be the center of attraction.

 

Kim Taehee, a girl with her chocolate brown hair that fall past her waist in soft curls. She is undoubtedly exquisite. With her model like figure and height; with her heart-shaped face; with her brown doe eyes and long eyelashes. She was the epitome of every girl’s dream of becoming to be.

 

Jimin smiled sadly at her best friend when she could clearly read the irritation behind her blank face. Growing up together and being constantly at each other side has helped Jimin read every change of Taehee’s features even when others seem to found it impossible to read.

 

She patted her shoulder reassuringly and smiled when Taehee turned to her.

 

“Let’s go to class.” She said before gently dragging her by the arm.

 

Taehee can only smile inwardly as she let Jimin drag her. She looked around her from the corner of her eyes to see most people are watching them. She could only sigh inwardly in irritation. She instinctively turned her head towards the group of boys that are standing near the windows and one boy catches her attention.

 

It was a boy with raven black hair and black earrings. He seemed to be distracted of the scenery outside because he didn’t meet her eyes. It was only by coincidence that he turned his head when the two girls walked pass by them and found her looking at him resulting for him to turn away quickly. He didn’t meet her eyes again as the two girls passed by.

 

“Yah Jeon Jungkook! Did you see that?! She looked at me!” Taehee heard the boy’s friend that was standing beside him whispered a bit loudly in excitement.

 

“Good for you, Hoseok.” ‘Jeon Jungkook’ said with a straight face.

 

“Did you see how beautiful she is?! She’s like a flower on a high peak! She’s an impossible target. *Yeon-a, yeon-a!”

 

“Is that so?”  

 

“Aish, this guy.” ‘Hoseok’ or Jung Hoseok grumbled. “Can’t you have any reaction at all?”

 

“We’re going to be late for class. Let’s go.”

 

“Yah! Wait for me, !”

 

 


 

 

“So your name is Yeon-a, huh?” Her seatmate asked her.

 

If her face could get any more blankier, she would do so. Where did that name even come from?

 

“Is Yeon-a-ssi mute? I swear I didn’t know.” She whispered to Jimin who was sitting behind her.

 

“I can speak you know? And it’s Kim Taehee, not Yeon-a.” She said softly. Speaking for the first time she stepped her foot in this school.

 

“O-oh! Sorry about that. It’s just what I heard from the other students. I’m Jennie Kim by the way.” She said before hesitantly offering her hand for a handshake.

 

Jennie Kim, a girl with hazelnut hair that falls to her back in soft curls and parted in the middle showing her heart-shaped face.

 

Jimin could only smile when Taehee slowly accepted her hand.

 

“Nice to meet you.” She followed quietly before letting go of the latter’s hand.

 

“I’m Park Jimin by the way, in case you didn’t know which obviously the case.” Jimin said with enthusiasm that her other friend lacked and shakes hand with Jennie.

 

“So are you guys classmates before?” Jennie asked.

 

“Nah, we practically grew up together. We’re in the same neighborhood, so we used to play a lot when we were kids.” Jimin said.

 

“Oh! So you guys are childhood friends! I’m kinda envious, I wish I had one too.”

 

Taehee can only listen to their talk when the teacher came in and started the class.

 

 


 
 
*Yeon-a - according to google, it's a korean name for beautiful, elegant, graceful and refined.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So yeah, this is the first chapter, how is it so far? It's a bit short than what I planned so sorry about that. :) Notice Jennie Kim there? Gosh, I'm a huge fan of her ever since she came out in GD's MV. Love her to the bones! XD By the way, any Blackpink fans there? They are slayin' people! How could there be a person who can be a badass, cute and hot at the same freaking time?! aksjdgf