final

going to the candy shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The thing is, there is a rule. And this rule is here for a reason. The rule is here because without that rule, everything would be chaos. It is that simple: the rule is the rule. And the rule is that if you put your lunch in the fridge, you have to put your name on it. It's the Absolute Rule and it's pinned right on the fridge's door. And Kyungsoo abides by that rule, it keeps everything in order in the office.


So, why does this idiot keep putting his lunchbox in the fridge without his stupid name, when the rule clearly states you have to?


Kyungsoo has had enough.


He quickly grabs the blank lunchbox and violently slams the fridge's door. It's not even lunchtime, and Kyungsoo still has his own lunch to eat, but who cares? This person keeps breaking the Rule and it's royally pissing him off.


He opens the box, only to be left dumbfounded. It's full of candy. Hard candies and chocolate candies. And are those gummy worms? Jelly beans? He doesn't really understand, but now isn't the time to be confused. He smirks as he picks up a gummy worm and eats it. It may be cold - who the hell puts candy in the fridge? - but Kyungsoo has a feeling this will be easier than expected.


*


Two hours later and a faint stomachache, Kyungsoo is feeling marvellous. He knows it's lunchtime right now, and he takes his time to get up, tidying his cubicle a little. His cheerful mood doesn't go unnoticed, and when he comes in the lunchroom, Junmyeon and Jongdae who are chatting happily stop for a few beats and stare at him while the others keep eating quickly. Some people are missing, probably still working and having lunch at the same time or being somewhere else. A smile takes over when he opens the fridge and sees that the unnamed lunchbox has disappeared. He chuckles and takes out his own, sitting down next to Minseok who is looking at him strangely.


His smile doesn't leave his face for the next 30 minutes.


*


It's around 3pm when he receives an email, or rather, they all receive an email.


From: [email protected]
To: [expand]


Subject: Lunch


Hello, my fellow coworkers, or rather, my dear suspects.


Yes, you are all suspects here, everyone in this office may be guilty (even you Chanyeol, you may be sitting in front of me but you know what they say, keep your enemies close and your friends closer) and I will get the truth.


Today, a crime has been committed. Yes, friends - I mean suspects - a crime. Picture me, minding my own business and getting up after four hours of long, boring work (Junmyeon, Yifan, don't take this wrong, I love my job) to finally get to the lunch room, see my favorite coworkers and eat my lunch. Now, picture me opening the fridge, taking my lunchbox, opening it and find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter