1 - Summer

Chanyeol Saved My Life and

            His toned arms were enough to melt anyone when he wore that ugly bright red tank top. With his tall height it was hard not to miss him walking around the pool holding onto his lifeguard rescue tube. Every time I went to the pool with my friend I looked out for that one lifeguard. There wasn’t a single time I didn’t take my eyes off of him. I knew nothing about him other than the fact he was a walking god making the summer heat a thousand degrees hotter with his mere presence. Whoever I had to thank for blessing me with him at the beginning of the summer I would thank till I was blue in the face.

            I wanted to talk to him but I was always too afraid and would get tongue-tied. My friend kept teasing me urging me to get to know this mystery lifeguard. Believe me I would talk to him if I knew I wouldn’t make a complete fool out of myself. I was pathetic I’ll be the first one to admit that.

            “So I got the lifeguard’s name,” my best friend Kyungsoo said as he came back over to our towels sitting down. He adjusted himself until he was completely under the shade of our umbrella. “I asked Jongin and he told me the lifeguard’s name is Park Chanyeol.” Kim Jongin was one of Kyungsoo’s childhood friends other than myself. He was also a lifeguard at the city pool, and popular with guys and girls alike.

            “Park Chanyeol,” I said letting the name roll of my tongue. “Park Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo shook his head at me as he began to apply more sunscreen onto his pale white skin. That kid was deathly afraid of getting sunburnt yet he spent many days of the week with me at the pool so I could watch Chanyeol, the lifeguard.

            “Dammit Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo said crossing his arms. “Just go up and talk to him already. Stop stalling so much. Once summer is over you’ll be stuck until next summer to see him. Don’t you think you want to get to know him before school start’s back up again?”

            Kyungsoo had a point always finding the flaws in my plans. I got annoyed a lot with his overly smart ways. Compared to him I was like the broken pencil where he was the sharp number two that anyone would use for their test.

            “I want to,” I said whining. “But I don’t know what I would even say to him.” I stared out at the pool seeing Chanyeol pacing back and forth at the deep end of the pool occasionally telling kids not to fool around and be safe.

            “You introduce yourself to him,” Kyungsoo said rolling his eyes as he lied down on his towel. “You pretend you don’t know his name and there you go. Now shut up or go, I want to nap.” I grumbled before getting up leaving Kyungsoo with our stuff as I walked around the pool slowly to get to the deep end of the pool.

            “Hey Baek,” Jongin said as I stood next to him where he was at one side of the pool. He smiled at me patting me on the back. “Finally going to talk to Chanyeol?” I shrugged trying to play if off cool which Jongin saw right through. If I was a broken pencil, Jongin was more like the student who’d use a pen on a scantron. But still he was smarter than me when it came to relationships and stuff.

            Since we had all entered high school Jongin had gone through about ten relationships in two years. It was crazy how many people would throw themselves at him even if it was to get their heart broken. Jongin usually didn’t keep a relationship for that long always saying he was looking for the right one and everyone else would just be a short-term thing.

            “Just man up and do it Baek,” Jongin said shaking his head. “Summer doesn’t last forever. And from what I know Chanyeol doesn’t even go to our school so you’ll never see him once school starts. Do you want to be moping during the school year because you could muster up the courage to talk to him?”

            “Why is talking to him so difficult for me?” I asked stomping my foot. I immediately regretted it when I felt a pain shoot up from the bottom of my foot. “!” I sat down to see what I’d stepped on seeing a thorn.

            “Language man,” Jongin said stooping down to look at my foot. “It’s just a thorn.” He reached over grabbing my ankle before slowly removing the torn. “You’re not even bleeding.” Once he helped me up to my feet he motioned me to leave. “Go on talk to your prince charming.”

            Rolling my eyes I slowly trudged my way closer to the deep end. Delays were something I was good at. I always saved my homework till the last moment and everything else boring in my life. I was a huge procrastinator and I didn’t really show signs of changing that anytime soon, not that I really cared.

            I turned around seeing Kyungsoo sound asleep under the umbrella not moving a muscle. Some wingman he turned out to be. Remind me to never take Kyungsoo to bar if I want to stand a chance at hooking up with anyone.

            Finally I reached the end of the pool sitting down on the side of the pool dipping my feet into the water staring at the water. Chanyeol was right next to me continuing to watch the people in the pool. I had to remind myself to breath properly from his closeness.

            Thinking about talking to someone and actually striking up a conversation are two completely different things. I went through a thousand scenarios of what I would say to Chanyeol knowing I would never say any of them to him. I was just way to nervous to open my mouth to talk to the taller. Seeing him so close he looked like a giant towering over me, granted I was sitting but even if I stood up he’d be way taller than me.

            “Don’t run,” Chanyeol’s deep voice said above me. Damn just how ier could one guy be. Tall height, muscled body, and a deep voice to top it all off. I wouldn’t believe there could be anyone more perfect than him. I looked up a second to late as a body came crashing into mine. I let out a loud yelp in alarm as I found my face falling in the direction of the water. I closed my eyes bracing myself for my collision into the water.

            Oh yeah did I forget to mention I can’t ing swim? Well yeah I can’t swim and here I was falling head first into the deepest end of the pool, thirteen feet. Sure I was fine wading around in the shallow end where all the kids played cause I could stand but I’d never learned how to swim. Curse that idiot for running into me and causing me to meet my death.

            I silently said my goodbyes as I fell into the water falling deeper into the water. My ears popped from the deepness of the pool, which wasn’t a pleasant experience. I opened my eyes trying to move my arms around but I was freaking out. I’d never been in water this deep before. I tried kicking my legs to get to the top of the water.

            In my stupid moment of panic I took a breath instantly filling my nose with water screaming when my nostrils began stinging. Yeah screaming under water didn’t help either once a mouthful of chlorine water shot down my throat.

            I just accepted my fate, death my drowning Byun Baekhyun may he rest in peace. Next to me a burst of bubbles clouded my vision before pair of strong arms wrapped around me and I was being pushed up to the top of the water. I felt my arms being wrapped around a soft plastic device as my head broke the surface and I could breath properly once again.

            The same hands began pushing me towards the wall before they grabbed me pulling me up onto the concrete of the pool. I took some deep breaths slowly feeling my heartbeat beginning to calm down from the traumatic experience that just happened. I made a silent vow to never step foot in the deep end ever again.

            “Are you okay?” the same deep voice asked before his worried face blocked the sun. My heart began to beat rapidly again when his face inched closer to mine. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to calm myself down to no success. “Hello?”

            “I’m fine,” my voice squeaked out. I felt his large hands on my chest helping me sit up before he patted my back causing me to cough up some water. I probably looked like a complete fool. A soon to be senior almost drowned in the pool. Now he knew I couldn’t swim. Lightening if you could strike me right now that would be greatly appreciated.

            “Your leg is bleeding,” Chanyeol said eyeing me over. He slowly helped me to my feet as he began walking me back to the pool’s main entrance. “Stupid kids don’t know how to read the rules.” The whole time he kept his arm firmly wrapped around my waist. I wasn’t complaining through I felt secure his firm arm.

            “What happened?” Kyungsoo worried voice asked once I was seated in the office. He appeared in the doorway looking me over. “Jongin told me you fell into the pool.” I nodded as Chanyeol went to get the first aid kit from the cabinet. “Your leg.”

            “It’s cut I know,” I said. “Some kids weren’t listening and they bumped me into the deep end of the pool.” I looked down at my leg seeing a big gash from where I must have scraped it against the side of the pool. “I need to learn how to swim.”

            “You shouldn’t have been over at the deep end if you can’t swim,” Chanyeol’s voice said when he returned to me. He knelt down before taking out disinfectant spraying it on my cut. I winced from the stinging before he wiped it with some cotton before bandaging my leg. “There.”

            “Sorry,” I said quietly. I sighed deeply as Kyungsoo helped me up from the seat. “I guess I didn’t read the rules either.” Kyungsoo smiled sympathetically patting me on the back.

            “Don’t worry,” Chanyeol said. “You’re not in trouble.” He smiled at me causing my heart to spread a warm feeling throughout my body. “Just be more careful.” He looked down at his soaked tank top. “Now I got to change my shirt.” I gripped onto Kyungsoo’s arm as we exchanged looks before Chanyeol took off his shirt without a second thought.

            Kyungsoo squeezed my arm as our eyes widened seeing Chanyeol’s perfectly chiseled stomach in front of us. Oh my god it was the most glorious thing I’d probably ever lay my eyes on. There was chocolate abs, and honey abs, then there was Chanyeol’s. It was a thing of pure perfection.

            Chanyeol paid the two of us no attention as he grabbed a towel wiping off his body. I turned to the side a little to hide the tightness that was beginning to form in my swimsuit before he threw a new tank top on.

            “Do you two still need something?” he asked once he was covered up again. We both shook our heads still too amazed to look away or leave. He laughed awkwardly before grabbing the rest of his things to leave the office. Chanyeol escorted us out as we blinked still unable to get the sight of his abs out of eyes.

            Once we were out of the office I let go of Kyungsoo when I felt Chanyeol pull back on my arm keeping me from moving. I froze up from the closeness of Chanyeol right behind me. I took a deep breath waiting for what was going to happen. Soon I felt a pair of lips next to my ear as his breath tickled my skin.

            “I totally saw you get a hard on back in the office,” he whispered into my ear sending chills down my spine. My face began to heat up, I knew I blushing and I’d been caught red ing handed. Chanyeol had seen me get hard because of him. Drowning, cutting my knee, and now this could the day get any more embarrassing? “Wait for my shift to get over, I get off at five.”

            He patted me on the back before releasing me as he sauntered off to get back to his lifeguard duties. I cupped my face heading back to Kyungsoo with our stuff. I sat down on my towel before letting out a high-pitched yell into my hands.

            “What happened?” Kyungsoo asked looking down at me before he sat down next to me on his towel. What did Chanyeol say to you?”

            “I got caught,” I said slowly. Kyungsoo knitted his thick eyebrows together in confusion waiting for me to continue. “Chanyeol told me he saw my hard on when he had been shirtless.” Kyungsoo widened his owl eyes letting out a loud fit of laughter. “It’s not funny!”

            “You have to admit Baek it kind of is,” Kyungsoo said in between laughs. “And what else did he say? You’re still bright red like a tomato.” I groaned falling down onto my towel curling up into a ball.

            “He wants to talk to me after his shift is over,” I continued. “He said he gets off at five. You don’t have to wait with me for that. I’ll probably tell you all the details tomorrow anyway.” Kyungsoo nodded his head humming as he fell deep into thought. Just what did Chanyeol want to talk to me about? What if he beat me to a pulp because he had . I didn’t even think he was gay. No way he could be. Just my luck I probably fell for a straight guy, every gay guy’s worst nightmare.

            When it hit five in the evening I packed up my towel grabbing my backpack to wait for Chanyeol out in the front of the pool. Kyungsoo had left over an hour ago telling me to call him later. I paced back and forth the front door nervously wondering what was going to happen. Was it too late to run away from this situation?

            It was way too late when I saw Chanyeol’s tall figure came out of the boy’s changing room before he left the pool walking over to me. I took a deep breath bracing myself for anything when his figure loomed over me.

            “Hello,” I said quietly refusing to look up at him. I usually had no problems talking to anyone but there was something about Chanyeol that intimidated the hell out of me. Why did someone I hardly knew have such a strong hold on my emotions?

            “You can relax,” Chanyeol said letting out a nice chuckle. “I’m not going to attack you or anything.” I nodded my head slowly waiting for him to continue talking. “Um what’s your name?”

            “I am Baekhyun,” I answered. “Um so you’re not grossed out that I you knew got a um yeah in the office when you were changing?” Chanyeol shook his head as he broke out into a huge grin. I blinked up at him in confusion. All these mixed signals were going to give me a headache. “What?”

            “Truthfully,” Chanyeol said sheepishly. “I was a little flattered. No one has ever done that when they saw me shirtless. And I’ll admit it was a little hot. I’m Chanyeol by the way.” He extended his hand out to me as I took it shaking his hand. Oh my god compared to my hands they looked huge. My hand fit perfectly inside of his.

            I pouted a little when he let go of my hand trying to keep my facial expressions in check to avoid further embarrassment. Chanyeol looked me over making me shuffle on my feet. His eyes were scanning me and it was making me nervous.

            “Do you want to get a bite to eat?” Chanyeol asked after the uncomfortable silence was broken. “I’m ing starving from standing out in the sun all day.” I nodded my head slowly before following him away from the pool not sure where we were going.

            Eventually we arrived at a burger joint. Chanyeol told me to sit down at a table as he went to order food for us. I tried to tell him I wasn’t hungry but he refused to listen. The whole time he kept that wide grin on his face. Anyone else would’ve thought he would be a sociopath but I was over the moon that I was actually hanging out with Park Chanyeol, my crush from the beginning of June.

            “Food is served,” Chanyeol said carrying a tray to the table. On it were two big chocolate milkshakes a huge order of fries, and two double cheeseburgers with extra bacon. Holy crap this was a lot of food.

            “Thanks,” I said in response as he slid into the booth across from me. “Um not to be rude or anything but why are you taking me here? We don’t even know each other or anything.” Chanyeol nodded as he chewed already taking huge bites of his burger. He held up one finger as he finished chewing. I watched as his Adam’s apple bobbed out when he swallowed.

            “Well first,” Chanyeol said clearing his throat. I kept my eyes glued to his face. He was so perfect it made me jealous a little. With his looks he must have no problem getting people to go out with him. “I’ve been seeing you watching me at the pool every time you’re there since the beginning of June, it’s August now. And second the most recent reason because you’re little friend said hi when it saw me shirtless.”

            If I could face palm myself I so totally would have at the last remark. Okay this is exactly why no one can be one hundred percent perfect. Aside from his god like looks he was kind of a dope. The way he spoke definitely made it evident he was dorky. That to me only made him seem more cute and approachable. I was just glad he wasn’t one of those guys who were so stiff and serious they couldn’t take a joke.

            “You don’t have to keep bringing that up,” I said slurping on my milkshake. “I still want to die from embarrassment because you caught me with that. And how did you know I was watching you all those times at the pool?” Instead of letting my true feelings show I resulted to my defense mode, sass. I didn’t want Chanyeol to know I liked him so I was going to try and play it off cool. Only I was a complete fool majority of the time.

            “Because when I wear my sunglasses I can look anywhere I want without anyone knowing,” Chanyeol answered smirking lightly. Please don’t smirk again because it was seriously too hot for me to handle. “So I saw you staring at me.”

            “I never stared at you,” I said shaking my head. I rolled my eyes letting out a light scoff. I picked up some fries shoving them into my mouth as Chanyeol looked at me. I peaked over at him and it was clear he didn’t believe me one bit. How was it a complete stranger was seeing through my techniques? Cause he’s Park ing Chanyeol that’s why Byun idiot Baekhyun.

            “The chances of me believing that are zero,” Chanyeol said laughing. He took a sip of his milkshake continuing to look at me. “Admit it Baekhyun I saw you checking me out on multiple occasions.” He picked up a fry poking my lips. I opened my mouth furiously biting it. “Hey I should teach you how to swim.”

            “And why would you want to do that?” I asked finally giving into temptation beginning to eat the deluxe bacon burger. “You think if I wanted to I would’ve learned already. I’m already seventeen.”

            “I’m turning seventeen in November,” Chanyeol said smiling. “So you’re older. But I want to teach you so you don’t drown again. Trust me I’m a great swimmer. I’m on my school’s swim team and am the fastest freestyle swimmer to ever be at the school.”

            Did I really want to have Chanyeol teach me to swim? It wasn’t that I didn’t want to I was probably too lazy to want to learn. It just wasn’t something I had interest in. Wading in the water was fine and everything but actually swimming seemed too tiring.

            “Come on,” Chanyeol said jutting his bottom lip out. With his ears that stuck out and now him pouting he looked like a puppy. I was finding it harder and harder to say no to him. “You know you want to say yes to my offer.”

            “Only because you won’t shut up if I don’t,” I said quickly. “Now quiet so I can finish eating.” Chanyeol nodded looking very serious as I began to eat the rest of my cheeseburger. I kept my gaze mostly down at my food stealing occasional glances at the other as he munched idly on his burger lost in his own world. What the hell had I gotten myself into?

 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

            I exchanged numbers with Chanyeol after our first time hanging out with each other. He messaged me the next day telling me my first swim lesson would be next week on Monday. I groaned sending him a miniscule reply as I went back to talking to Kyungsoo on the phone about what had happened. He was very amused by the whole ordeal especially since it looked like Chanyeol wanted to form some type of friendship with the weird short teenager who’d got caught with a hard on.

            Come Monday I found myself in my swim trunks as Chanyeol stood in front of me at the pool. After applying generous coat of sunscreen and screaming inside when Chanyeol offered to rub the sunscreen in my back we were in the five-foot area of the pool.

            “Alright!” Chanyeol exclaimed. I was a little jealous that he could still stand decently in the five-foot area. I had to stand slightly on my tiptoes to prevent being underwater. Stupid height why did you have to fail me? “Let’s just start with a simple back float.”

            That seemed simple enough. I watched as Chanyeol demonstrated lying on his back as he floated in the water. I nodded my head before it was my turn to try. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around my waist as I felt my vision changing until I was looking up at the sky.

            “Is this right?” I asked looking over at Chanyeol slightly. He nodded, smiling at me as he kept his arms under my back keeping me afloat. Okay maybe this part wasn’t so bad. It was actually kind of relaxing back floating in the water.

            “Okay,” Chanyeol said slowly. “I’m going to remove my hands out from under you. You should be able to float. For now just stay still.” I took a deep breath before feeling Chanyeol’s arms slowly sliding out from under me. I did as I was told not moving too much and sure enough I was still floating in the water. “If you kick your legs you’ll be able to move around.” He tapped on my leg sending a shiver through my body.

            Learning to swim might have been easy if Chanyeol wasn’t my teacher. Aside from concentrating on the swimming my mind was in a million other places. I didn’t want to get again but shirtless Chanyeol in the pool was hard to resist. Not to mention his muscular arms were on me guiding me around. One could get used to this.

            My swim lessons continued on for about two weeks staying mostly in the five-foot area. I learned how to float on my stomach and eventually I was able to swim around without many problems. I was still afraid to go to the thirteen feet but Chanyeol reassured me we wouldn’t go there until I was super confident in my swimming. I was enjoying myself with this one on one time with Chanyeol.

            “Say Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said as we played around in the shallow end of the pool. Not many people were at the pool today so we had the majority of the area to ourselves. “I was wondering if you were free on Saturday?”

            “Um,” I answered. “Why what’s going on, on Saturday?” Chanyeol smiled at me kneeling down on his knees so the water covered him going up to his chest. I had gotten used to seeing Chanyeol shirtless these past two weeks and didn’t get around him. At home it was a different story but anyways…

            “I’m going to be performing with my band at a café,” Chanyeol replied. “I play the guitar in the band and also am the vocalist. It’s not anything professional just a hobby but my uncle’s café offered to have us play there on Saturday night and I want you to come.”

            Remember way back when I said Chanyeol was pretty much perfect? Now add onto all of that the face he was in a band as the lead singer. I could just imagine his deep husky voice singing songs he composed. Just thinking about it made me smile. I was definitely going to be there.

            “Sounds fun,” I said smiling at him. “Do you mind if I bring Kyungsoo along with me?” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders before dipping his head into the water. I wondered sometimes if Chanyeol knew he was being y or he just did it unconsciously. “That’s cool you’re in a band. What’s it called?”

            “The band is called Happy Virus,” Chanyeol answered sheepishly. “It’s kind of a cheesy name but it fits because all the band members said my personality is like a virus and makes everyone happy so we came up with Happy Virus. Our goal is to make our music spread to everyone and make people happy.”

            “Even if you perform a sad song?” I asked raising an eyebrow. “Don’t tell me you only make happy music.” Chanyeol shook his head quickly laughing. “So if you’re sad it’s called sad virus?”

            “Very funny,” Chanyeol groaned. “But I’m excited you’ll get to see me perform. I’ll introduce you to the other band members on Saturday too. I think you’ll enjoy our songs.” I nodded my head already looking forward to the upcoming Saturday to see Chanyeol on stage performing. A new side of Chanyeol I would be getting to see.

            On Saturday afternoon Kyungsoo arrived at my house with Jongin. I had called Kyungsoo over because I couldn’t figure out what to wear. I did want to try and look good for Chanyeol because this was an important night for him.

            The two of them found me at my closet looking at all my different shirts. I only had on a simple pair of dark blue skinny jeans. I kept running my fingers through my clothes not being able to make up my mind.

            “And you’re trying to dress up why?” Kyungsoo asked pulling me out of my trance. I turned to see Kyungsoo and Jongin staring at me from their seat on my bed. “It’s just a simple concert at a local café. It’s not like we’re going to the symphony or something.”

            “I know but I still want to look good,” I whined stamping my foot on the ground. I winced in pain when a searing pain shot up my foot. “.” I really needed to stop stamping my feet on the ground when I wasn’t wearing shoes. Once again the idiot strikes. I sat down seeing a tack poking out of my foot before pulling it out.

            “Jeez,” Jongin sighed shaking his head. “Baek just chose a shirt so we can go.” I slowly got off the ground looking at my shirts again. “Unless you want to go shirtless. That might impress Chanyeol.” I shot Jongin a deadly glare causing him to shrink behind Kyungsoo. How funny when the tallest one in the room tries to hide behind the smallest one in the room.

            Eventually I decided to wear a simple purple shirt that would match well with the dark blue jeans. I slipped into the shirt before grabbing my phone. Now to just do my hair and everything like that. It always took me a long time to get ready to go if I wanted to look good.

            “Can we go already?” Kyungsoo groaned lying down on my bed. I grunted in response brushing my hair until it fell perfectly, not a single strand of hair was misplaced. I went to my desk grabbing my eyeliner to put on a light amount. “Hurry up with your eyeliner.”

            “Okay I’m ready,” I said placing the eyeliner back on my desk. “Let’s go.” Jongin and Kyungsoo hopped up from my bed as the three of us left my bedroom to head out. I groaned when I saw Jongin’s old beat up Toyota parked outside of my house. There was no way in hell I wanted to ride in that lemon.

            “Stop looking at my car like that,” Jongin said placing a hand on my shoulder. “It may look like but it drives well.” I looked over at Kyungsoo crossing my arms. Out of the three of us Kyungsoo had the best car, it being a brand new Mercedes and all. “Kyungsoo was too lazy to drive.”

            I rolled my eyes before the three of us climbed into Jongin’s turn of the century Toyota before we drove off following the directions on Jongin’s phone to Chanyeol’s uncle’s café.

            We arrived a few minutes before Chanyeol’s band was ready to play. They were finishing up the last touches of setting up as we took our seats at the only open table we could find. There were a lot of teenagers in here excited to see Happy Virus perform. Chanyeol had never mentioned that his band was popular or anything like that.

            Finally Chanyeol took his spot in front of the band with his guitar strapped around his body. He grabbed the microphone before scanning the audience in the café. He looked so cool up on the little stage. His usually messy looking hair was styled up in a perfect style. You know those guys in high school who will spend hours styling their hair with gel to make it swoop up just right? That’s what Chanyeol looked like tonight, a complete one eighty from his usual hair.

            “Hello everyone,” he finally said into the microphone. “I’m really happy so many of you came out to hear Happy Virus. We’ll be playing some of our old songs and at the end we’ll be singing a brand new song. All songs can be found on our Soundcloud where you can jam out and download them. Anyways our first song for the evening is going to be 365.”

            Chanyeol put the microphone back on the stand before picking up his guitar as the band began to play. No one told me the rest of the band was filled with extremely good-looking members. Did Chanyeol only know handsome boys? The song was pretty upbeat and catching and by the second chorus the three of us were singing along with the rest of the audience.

            We erupted into loud cheers when the song was over. I was definitely going to check out their Soundcloud so I could listen to their songs some more. Chanyeol was definitely right when he said the songs he liked to sing were upbeat and cheerful. The next song was called Run, which was another happy ear candy tune.

            “Their music is really good,” Jongin said as we bobbed our heads to the music. “Very catchy.” Kyungsoo nodded his head as Happy Virus kept on performing more of their songs. They played four more songs after Run; Angel, Peter Pan, Beautiful, and Lucky. Finally it was time to hear this new song they were excited to sing.

            “Before we play our last song of the night let’s give a round of applause to each of the members,” Chanyeol said smiling like a dope in front of everyone. First he pointed to the lead guitarist who had a dimple on his cheek. “Give it up for Yixing!” We all cheered and clapped for the guitarist as he waved out at the audience giving them a pretty smile. “Our bassist Joonmyeon!” The handsome bass player bowed to the audience. “Our keyboard extraordinaire Luhan!” The pretty boy at the keys smiled brightly waving at everyone. “The cool drummer Sehun!” The handsome drummer waved his sticks in the air. “And lastly yours truly Chanyeol!”

            I cheered the loudest for Chanyeol as did the majority of the audience. He smiled brightly bowing at the audience before repositioning his guitar in his grasp. Now it was time to hear this new song.

            “So this song I began composing about three or so weeks ago,” Chanyeol said. “I had the melody in my head but I couldn’t think of the lyrics until something happened at my job. Anyway the song is called Falling. I hope you’ll enjoy it!”

            Chanyeol turned to look at Sehun as Sehun clicked his sticks together four times before the band started playing the intro. It wasn’t as upbeat as the majority of the other songs but it still had a sort of happy vibe to it. Chanyeol closed his eyes as the light strumming of Yixing’s guitar played with Chanyeol beginning to sing the lyrics.

 

            There’s this someone I know. Smile like gold. Quick witted words, rolling of the eyes. All of this made me realize I’m falling. I’m falling. I’m falling. He’s short but full of attitude. Making him a giant.

 

            I’m glad I saved you. I’m glad it was me and no one else. I’m glad you had fallen for me. I’m glad~ I’m so damn glad~ I’m glad it was me and no one else. I’m glad you had fallen for me!

 

            The beat eventually began to pick up as Chanyeol opened his eyes nodding his head to the music as he looked out at the audience. I kept my eyes on Chanyeol before his eyes found where I was sitting. He smiled at me before making his way off the stage continuing to sing the lyrics of the song.

 

            I wouldn’t want to spend my time with anyone else. He puts a smile on my face. I wonder if I do the same to him? I’m falling. I’m falling. I’m falling so hard.

 

            The crowd in the café began to separate as Chanyeol walked through them coming straight towards the table I was at. Kyungsoo widened his eyes looking at me. I stared back at him quickly before turning to look back at Chanyeol who was smiling like a dork as he sang the chorus again.

            A few people around us let out light gasps as Chanyeol stood in front of our table singing the rest of the song. This so wasn’t ing happening right now. There was no way this couldn’t be a dream. Chanyeol had made a song dedicated to me and he was standing in front of me singing his heart out. I pinched myself lightly realizing this was indeed reality.

            When the song was over Chanyeol took off his guitar setting it down on the table. He then walked over to my chair pulling out before offering me his hand. Jongin smirked at me in satisfaction while Kyungsoo continued to watch with owl eyes. Chanyeol looked down at me nodding his head towards his hand clearly wanting me to take it. Everyone’s eyes were watching the two of us.

            I quickly felt my heartbeat increasing from everything that was going on. What was going to happen if I took Chanyeol’s hand? Did that song mean that he had fallen for me like I had at the beginning of June? No way my luck would be this good. I mean I was a pretty unlucky person most of the time. Never in my dreams did I think my crush would be reciprocating the same feelings for me.

            Taking a deep breath I slowly stood up from my chair shooting a quick glance to Jongin and Kyungsoo before taking Chanyeol’s hand. Everyone in the café broke out into a chorus of cheers as Chanyeol smiled brightly at me. I couldn’t help but smile back as he led me away from the table, grabbing his guitar before he broke out into a run pulling me out of the café with him. If that wasn’t one hell of a way to end a concert I didn’t know what was. We kept running down the street before Chanyeol pulled us into a park close by leading us to a bench as he sat down. I breathed heavily wondering what was happening as I turned to look at the taller. Once again my mind was going a million different directions.

            “Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said looking down at me. He took a deep breath finding my hand squeezing it lightly. “So yeah that song was made for you and only you.” I nodded my head smiling at the fact Chanyeol had wrote and performed a song about me. Did that mean he had fallen for me?

            “So you’ve fallen for me?” I asked laughing a little bit. I took a minute trying to calm the rapid beating of my heart. I just needed to hear Chanyeol say it from his mouth to confirm everything. “B-because I’ve already fallen for you. A while ago actually.” Chanyeol didn’t say anything as his mouth made an O as he looked at me.

            “Well I kind of had a hunch,” Chanyeol said laughing finally saying something. “But ever since I caught you and we started hanging out I’ve been developing feelings for you. And yeah I’ve fallen for you too.” He shook his head kicking his long legs out in front of us. “Ugh this is so hard to say out loud!”

            I nodded my head in agreement as Chanyeol stretched his arms up before running his hand through his hair. I smiled at his awkwardness patting his arm lightly. He turned to look at me before smiling sheepishly. What was it now Chanyeol?

            “Can I um,” Chanyeol said biting his lip. He looked down shuffling his feet. “Um I want to.” He touched his own lips with his finger, as I understood what he wanted from me. “I mean if you.” I rolled my eyes before leaning forward pressing my lips against his. Immediately closing my eyes I kept my lips on his feeling a million fireworks bursting inside of me.

            Eventually Chanyeol’s hands found my cheeks and his lips were moving against mine kissing me back. This was the moment I had wanted all along ever since I had laid my eyes on him. Chanyeol wanted to be mine and I sure as hell wanted to be his.

            “So,” Chanyeol said after pulling back. He held my hands tightly in his lacing our fingers together. “Baekhyun, do you want to be my boyfriend?” I smiled instantly on hearing the words coming out of his mouth, nodding my head instantly. I didn’t have to think about my answer. “Say it out loud. I want to hear you say it.”

            “Yes,” I answered as Chanyeol’s gaze never tore away from mine taking my breath away. “I want to be your boyfriend Chanyeol.” Chanyeol smiled at me pressing a feathery kiss onto my cheek before the two of us stood up from the bench.

            “I guess it’s time we head back. I need to put this baby back.” I nodded as he grabbed his guitar as the two of us headed back to the café hand in hand. 

 

 

I hope you liked this chapter. All of the chapters are going to be around this length. So at my work like I said there is a cute lifeguard that I'm too afraid to talk to. But I do know his name!! But unlike Baekhyun I did not drown in the pool, since I do know how to swim. Thank you to everyone who subscribed already and commented! Please leave your comments on what you think. Thanks~ 

alsk20