...

Of Hues of Blues and a Late Afternoon Cruise
Please log in to read the full chapter

Not too many people went to the beach even though it was summer. They all went to the mall, cinema, pool - anywhere indoors where it was safe. The beaches surrounding the area were great, just that people didn't seem to like the idea of swimming amongst creatures of the sea.

Chanyeol didn't mind though. He didn't necessarily want to sunbathe or get a tan, but he wanted to have a nice relaxing swim at the beach. And he had the perfect place. It was a bit further away from the more popular beaches, but it was much more peaceful and clean. He liked the drive to and from the beach as well - the cliffs, sand and ocean on one side and the greenery on the other.

With a pair of sunglasses on to protect his eyes from the late afternoon sun as he drove along, he hummed softly to himself as he listened to the radio. He smiled when he finally saw the beach in his sights. "Another day at Magenta~" he sang happily.

Magenta Shore was the name of this beach. During sunset, you'd be able to see the blue sky above slowly fading out and the pinks and oranges taking over. But the beautiful magenta which filled the sky was the breathtaking view that the beach was called after.

After parking his ute safely in his usual spot, he stepped out, placing his sunglasses on the dashboard before he stretched a bit. He was already prepared, his shirt in the passenger seat along with his towel and things. After stretching some more, he began to jog down towards the water and smiled as the warm waters washed over his toes. He continued to walk into the depths until it reached his hips before swimming out a bit.

He wasn't afraid of the water. In fact, he had loved it ever since he was little. He never knew why he was so drawn to the water, just that he loved it, being around it and especially being in it. He continued to tread in the water, shutting his eyes and relaxing.

 

He was pretty sure that he hadn't been relaxing all too long until he suddenly felt movement around his feet. He cracked an eye open and didn't see anyone. He shut his eye before shrugging to himself.

 

He felt a light poke on his leg.

 

Followed by a soft tug.

 

Then a slightly harder tug.

 

And he was pretty sure it was a hand doing all this.

 

Chanyeol slowly opened his eyes and then looked into the water, but he could barely see anything since the sky's reflection was so very bright. He held his breath before dunking his head into the water. Another odd thing was that he was able to open his eyes under water and see clearly. Very clearly.

Right below him, was a cute boy. He blinked a few times before following along his body since this boy didn't seem to be holding his breath. This cute boy was staring right back at him, looking a little shy, but smiling.

That was when Chanyeol saw it.

The tail.

He widened his eyes and screamed in a rather unmanly way under the water before swimming up to the surface. He cleared his throat and then took several gulps of hair, pushing his hair back.

"U-um.. I'm sorry that I scared you..."

Chanyeol turned around abruptly and then blinked several times as he saw the boy there, or at least from his shoulders and above. He could see that the boy's hair was a mixture of the dark magenta of dusk mixed in with the light ocean blue colour of the seas. Instead of ears, he had small fins which matched his hair. Along his neck and collarbones were patches of shiny magenta-blue scales and th

Please log in to read the full chapter