Final

New Years Kiss

 

*Sigh….*

Taehyung lost a bit of his hope. He has been searching for his best friend Hoseok now for a few minutes and still can’t find him. All he has been doing the past 15 minutes is running into random strangers chests in an failed attempted to find him before the clock strikes 12 and wishes of a happy new year will be said. But he didn’t want to give up yet, he had about 5 minutes left, so the brown haired guy kept looking around, hoping desperately to find him in time. He started running through the crowed place again until he hit something hard.

‘’Woah, are you okay?’’ A tall man with blond hair asked him, while helping Taehyung stand back up his feet. Again, he crashed into somebodies chest. ‘’Kind of.. Lost my best friend..’’ He said, another sigh escaping his lips. No way he would find him..

‘’Aww… Want to stand here with me then? The fireworks are starting over 3 minutes and I’m kina alone here. I wouldn’t mind some company.’’ The blond haired male said, giving him a sweet smile that made the cold December air a little more warm.

‘’Sure. But now I have no one for my midnight kiss…’’ Tae pouted. It was the reason he was trying so desperately to find Hoseok. They made a deal that if Taehyung wouldn’t find himself a boy- or girlfriend by the end of the year, they would share the midnight kiss together. As it’s a sign of good luck in the following year, Taehyung wouldn’t want to miss that luck. He needed it, how would he ever get himself a partner otherwise? But maybe he wouldn’t have to miss his luck, maybe if…. ‘’Unless you’d volunteer of course..’’ He said, hoping that the stranger he never saw and just met would pity him and grand his wish. ‘’Midnight kiss?’’ The other responded, frown on his face.

‘’Don’t you know that? A midnight kiss brings good luck in the next year!’’ He said. ‘’Really? Never knew that… Okay, I volunteer.’’ He said with a smile. ‘’One kiss for good luck isn’t much of a deal anyways.’’ Tae chuckled, happy that the rather handsome man standing beside him would want to do something like that for him. He could feel himself getting restless, even slightly nervous for the promised kiss only minutes away. ‘’Okay, how many minutes left? This’ll be my first time. Like, kissing and such.’’ He bounced at the balls of his feet, excitement flowing through his body.

‘’Your first kiss..? Hey kid, I can’t do that.’’ The stranger said, breaking Tae out of his excitement. ‘’Why not..?’’ He pouted. The man just promised he would kiss him, it wasn’t such a big deal. Now he’s backing out? ‘’You should safe that first kiss for someone special.’’ He said. The older looking man said. He wouldn’t mind kissing the cutie, but taking his first kiss was something else. He clearly remembered how he lost his own first kiss on a night while playing truth or dare in his drunken state. He couldn’t let somebody else have a stupid first kiss with a stranger just for good luck. ‘’Don’t really have a special someone and it was going to be my best friend tonight anyways…’’ Tae looked down at the ground, slight sadness seeping in his voice. If it was one thing the older couldn’t take, was making somebody else sad. ‘’You really want this, don´t you?’’ He said, doubting now whether to give the boy his first kiss and bring him luck with it or to let him safe it for another one.

The public started the count down. New year was only 10 seconds away. Taehyung looked at the blond with pleading eyes and bit his lower lip. ‘’Come on, please….?’’  

4….

3….

2… more seconds to go, the older male sighting as he couldn’t resist the puppy eyes staring directly into his own eyes. Right when everybody else shouted ‘happy new year!’ he leaned in and captured Taehyungs soft plump lips between his own, gently kissing him. Taehyung quickly reacted and wrapped his arms around the blonds neck, kissing back and melting into the kiss. The kiss they shared wasn’t long, but is was warm, gentle and toe curling (well, at least Taehyung thought so). When the older boy broke their kiss, much to Taehyungs disappointment since he wouldn’t mind it if they kissed some longer, he whispered something in his ear. ‘’Happy new year, Taehyung.’’

…… Wait, what? ‘’Huh… H-How d’you know..?’’ The stranger chuckled. ‘’Your backpack. Your name is on your backpack.’’ Oh right. I have my name written on my backpack. Just to be sure that it’s mine and when I lose it, somebody could hopefully return it to me. Wouldn’t be the first time I randomly lost it. ‘’Good luck finding your best friend.’’ He ruffled Tae’s hair and was about to walk away, already having turned his back towards Taehyung and almost disappearing into the crowd. ‘’Wait! What’s your name!?’’ He shouted. The male turned around and gave him a soft smile. ‘’Jin. The name is Jin.’’ He said and winked. Before Taehyung could do anything else or even wish the other a happy new year as well he was gone. Leaving Taehyung with a still warm feeling on his lips and butterflies in his tummy.

 

 

-----------​-

 
 

 

Hope you enjoyed reading! ^^ Let me know what you think of this in the comments. Love you xoxox! 2Isa_official out~ 

Ps. Another one-shot is on the way! If you have any requests let me know in the comments and maybe I'll write them for you (only oneshot requests though, I have a life too XD)