Final

[☀] The Answer : BaekYeol Love Oneshot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  The Answer typos may apply 

 

What do you do when you continuously hear a distinctive melody –a melody that which can be heard as strong as thunder or as soft as a rain drop?

My abnormal hearing, I want to get it out.

I don’t necessarily want to stop hearing it but it’s been a long month now and it never changes, I can’t even seem to forget it.

When my fingers tap the imaginary keys on my lap, I can envision where this pretty tune comes from.

I’m not good at playing any instruments though so I won’t ever attempt to learn just for the sole purpose of a song. Though it bugs me, over and over again –I don’t receive a plausible explanation from a higher level.

Must this song be given to the world? Is this song my assignment? –Could it be the answer to my stagnant way of living?

No, I’m pretty stable where I am now. I’ve traveled a lot and my studies were never a typical. Really, I’ve been at the state of the arts schooling programs –I’m a genius. I’m also the same genius that doesn’t know the different from a trumpet and a saxophone. To me, music just doesn’t go well.

Only, my genes prove otherwise. There are at least two musical geniuses in my family line but I can’t say I inherited much of anything except my pleasantly deep voice.

I can carry a tune –that is it.

So, without knowing exactly how I’ll address this small stump, I only live with it.

 

“You’re humming it again.” She says.

My close friend –people like to say is my girlfriend but she’s only my travel buddy. We are each other’s accountability partners as well. Whenever we need the assistance of making something work, we depend on one another to get the job done.

“Camila, you know it’s not going to go away so easily.” I tell her as a matter of fact. It’s scary, that’s another fact.

The woman basically clasps her hands together as we sit to have a cup of coffee after arriving back home. Well, Korea is home for me and she’s visiting until she goes back to the States. Our lives are about to kick start again, so the few weeks we have traveled are coming to a sad end. I like traveling with this lovely Puerto Rican –she’s got a pretty well-grounded character and is dependable most of all.

When we met, I figured she would need some help around Korea. She’s a foreigner after all, but really, she and I had a lot in common. Therefore when I decided it was time to begin my coast to coast experience, she was the first one I thought about and it’s been two years since the friendship could be considered unbreakable.

Now of all days, Camila realizes what is bothering me is oddly making me smile despite the fact I groan every time I slip out the unspoken tune. I can tell she’s trying to solve the problem but she’s heard my story many times. When the melody arose, why it could have and how often I hear it.

“Try to think about the day you first heard it or something –there’s got to be something you didn’t piece together.”

I’m taking into consideration what she says with a smile but I know I can’t do that of which she suggests. Knowing I’ve thought back so many times, the best response I can give is a pondering nod.

Even so, I blink up at her shaking her head. “I’d freak out if I kept hearing a song in my head. Really, can’t you possibly create the music? That’s probably what you need to do.” Without knowing she again means to help but I only sighed heavily this time and patted her hand that held her coffee mug on the table.

I’ve never told anyone I’m not good with instruments. I’ll never be a musician.

“I think first off, you need to eat something other than drinking coffee. Do you have time to try eating a meal at this restaurant I know?” I diver and avoid the help for now while I watch how my intense gaze affects her. She’s immediately nodding but I hide the fact I failed as a confident human being.

How much I would give to boast that I excelled in music class during high school. , I can’t even play the drums.

“Let’s go.”

 

The hours past shifted the weather drastically. It was drizzling and yet the sun was shining. The faint grey rain clouds moved inch by inch and I could only gape and admire the experience. Something like this had never happened before. For it to send a sprinkle of drizzles and be almost clear up upon the clouds.

I’m alone, basking in the tiny droplets of the shower and still happily smile up at the sun hitting my face. It’s again, so nice. A wonderful feeling –the perfect time to hear that melody…

Wait, no… I worry about the sensation of bringing such a thing up but it’s completely different than when it’s suddenly blasting all through my mind as if I’m listening to a clear as day song.

Without noticing how compelled I am to lounge around the mall area this late afternoon –I replace the shades I had covering my eyes and smirk to myself. My face is feeling nice and refreshed and outside of where I am are people only focused on eating, chatting, busy buying and what not.

However, the moment I take a step –the oddest feelings hooks me towards my left ear.

The melody is in my head again, but it’s only coming from the left side of my ear.

All I can do is hear it now in the proportion of what I envisioned was the chorus of the composition. I knit my brows because I’m obviously puzzled, apprehensively staring wide eyed for a way to make sense of this.

My next step is headed for the direction of my melody trail.

I just don’t get it.

My heart is beating –it’s raging forth like a sheer switch of prophecy has come true.

The long strides lead me into a sea of people on standby. I happened to blink again and come to a point where I know where I am. This is the entertainment hall of where live music is usually played by either an artist, the malls’ choice of entertainment or if an event is being held.

People can’t be hearing the same thing I’m hearing but the longer I stare at them, I see heads swaying form side to side on the exact notes I can’t put into words but are hearing for the first time.

My mouth falls to some extent, “Impossible.”

At the stage with the grand piano in our presence sits a young man. The microphone is stationed for his mouth to continue sharing the sounds of tearful poetry and with his fingers dancing along the piano keys, it’s as though every note and key placed and exerted hits me like a ton of bricks.

“The answer is you…~ My answer is you…~ I showed you my everything…~”

I can no longer just stand in the back.

I push off, knocking those who stand in my way and find myself in the perfect spot. An overwhelming let of air escapes my breath and the steel rail keeping those watching from getting up on stage is my crutch of support.

It’s hard not to tap my fingers along with this melody and finally, I begin to tear up. Everything –everything I’ve been hearing, he’s playing for me before my very eyes!

I hate having to be this emotional and I’m glad he can’t see my tall presence with his immersed mien. He plays the song beautifully. He’s beautiful.

My heart skipped a beat when I thought this.

It however surged confirmation the very moment this man’s rich brown eyes opened and found me on the spot.

“Because it’s you.~”

“It’s you.~ It’s you.~”

.

I can’t look away –it’s impossible.

As of now, the piano echoed the last chime of air and the man’s expression became cryptic. He was still looking down at me and for a second, I swore he recognized me. Funny considering this is my first time meeting someone who just played my melody.

How could that even be the case?

 

Enough time goes by as I’m contemplating the last thirty minutes at a bench. I’m too worried about walking out of this place and hearing that melody again, especially since now I have the complete package; the melody, the lyrics and the person singing it.

Well, I can’t say I have him necessarily.

I openly fall backward and let the bench support my body entirely as I’m beginning to feel some type of way.

I can’t go looking for him –it’s not going to make any sense to him if I tell him for the past month I’ve heard exactly what he just played back then. That’s why I sit here dejected and filled with curiosity.

But most importantly, I can’t get him out of my mind.

They said he name was Baekhyun. He was an aspiring singer but today he felt like sharing the song for those listening. Today happens to be the day people with talent give what they got to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter