Chapter Twelve

Famous in Love

"You've got the part."

My heart stopped beating the second those words escaped the director's lips.

"Rehearsals begin tomorrow morning, I'll have your agent email you all the information." He continues, before his eyes land on someone behind me. "You were right, she's exactly what we were looking for."

"I told you she'd be great." I turn around to see Mark approaching us.

The director turns his attention back to me, "I'm looking forward to working with you." He says, extending his hand to shake mine.

"Thankyou so much Mr. Wang." I eagerly tell him.

"Please, call me David." He smiles, and with that, both Mark and I exit the room.

We walk in silence for a moment, the sound of my heels clicking against the floor, filling the empty space.

This is too surreal.

It takes me a while for it to sink in that I'm going to be starring in Got7's new music video.

This is ing crazy.

Mark walks with his hands in his pockets, a smug look on his face, and gives me a side glance, "Your welcome."

I stop in my tracks, trying to gather my thoughts and feelings into a coherent sentence, "What are you up to?" I ask him, my voice filled with worry and concern- for my sake.

"What do you mean?" He his head to the side, acting all cute and innocent, but I don't fall for his charm.

"Is this some kind of joke?" I accuse him. Surely there has to be a reason behind all of this, right?

"Why would you think that?" He frowns, almost seeming as though I had hurt his feelings. "I thought you would be happy."

"I am." I tell him honestly, and he smiles again.

Why is he being so nice to me?

"Come on, let's go grab some smoothies. My treat."

• • • • •

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" Mark laughed while he sipped on his piña colada.

My eyebrows furrowed together as I continued to study his face, "Because your acting strange."

He props his elbow on the table and rests his chin on his hand, "How so?"

"First the music video, and now this?" I point to my smoothie, "I just don't get it."

He leans back in his chair amused, his eyes lighting up as the corners of his mouth curved upwards. It was the type of smile that millions of girls would instantly fall for. That is, if they haven't done so already.

And I'm not gonna lie, if he keeps this up, I may be next.

"You've got a little something." He suddenly says, leaning in towards me and brushing his thumb across my bottom lip, and proceeds to taste his own finger.

I stare at him in shock as a familiar warmth begins to spread through my cheeks. I clear my throat and shift in my seat, "The weather's nice..." I awkwardly change the subject.

Mark chuckles, "Am I making you flustered?"

"No." I spit out rather hastily, and I silently curse at myself.

His knowing smirk sends butterflies in my stomach.

What the heck. Why am I feeling like this?

"So what would you like to do today?" He questions, and I give him a look of concern.

"Are you feeling okay? Cause your not acting like yourself." I place my palm on his forehead to check his temperature, "You might be coming down with something."

He takes a hold of my wrist, "I'm not sick, Luna." Mark says gently, his eyes meeting mine, "Is it seriously that hard to believe that I'm just trying to be friendly?"

I stare at him for a few seconds longer than normal, "It could be a case of mental exhaustion." I conclude, "Get some rest and drink lots of water. That should do the trick." I pause, "As a matter of fact, I'll go catch a taxi right now and get you medicine." I start to get out of my chair.

"Luna."

"Yes?"

"Get your back over here."

I unwillingly trudge back to the table, and slump into the seat across from him.

"I asked you a question." He states.

My eyes bore into his as though I'm glaring into his soul, "You wanna know what I want to do?" I talk sarcastically and he waits for my response, "I want to put as much distance from you as possible, because frankly, I think your sickness is highly contagious."

"Great! Shopping it is." He gives me an obnoxious smile as he grabs my wrist and pulls me out of my seat.

I yank my hand away from him as soon as we're outside, "Don't do that again." I tell him, but he ignores me instead and continues to walk on the sidewalk as if he owns the whole ing world.

I roll my eyes at him, "Might want to put that face mask back on hot stuff," I scoff, "I'm not in the mood to be chased by a bunch of screaming girls. You know, since your the and all."

He laughs at my choice of words,"Your completely right," Mark says, "Thanks for reminding me, babe." He winks at me.

"Don't ever call me that again." I tell him, brushing off the fact that it may or may not have .

Either that, or I threw up a little in my mouth.

"What if I want to?" He smirks as he challenges me.

"Mark, shut up." I push him to the side.

"No, no, no. It's oppa." He playfully puts his arm around my shoulder, but again, I push him even harder.

He pretends to double over in pain, as if I physically wounded him.

"Get over yourself."

I stop walking when I see a man in the far distance hiding behind a car. Suddenly, he pulls out a large camera and soon enough, a flash emits from the lens.

Before I could even warn Mark, he grabs my arm and pulls me into an alley between two buildings.

"ing paparazzi..." He grumbles to himself.

"Has he been following us around?" I ask.

"I'm not sure..." He runs his hand through his hair.

I stop breathing when I realize how close I am to him, and when I try to step away, I find myself backed up against the brick wall with nowhere else to go.

Mark smirks when he notices, and places his hand next to me so I can't escape.

"You know, this reminds me of last night," He says, his voice low and suave.

"W-what do you mean?" I stutter.

He his head to the side, "You don't remember, do you?"

I shake my head slowly, "It's all a big blur..."

"That explains a lot." He says to himself.

"I'm confused." My voice comes out barely a whisper.

His gaze locks with mine, and a devilish grin spreads across his face.

"So your telling me that you don't remember this?" He leans in even closer to me, trapping me in his arms.

"No." I managed to say.

"What about this?" He drops one arm and pulls me by the waist, closing the gap between both of our bodies, and I involuntarily gasp.

This boy is trying to kill me, I swear.

His soft chuckle vibrates deep with satisfaction as he whispers seductively in my ear, "I can help you remember, if you'd like."

I'm dead.

I bite my bottom lip in attempt to hold myself back from doing anything that I may regret later on, but it only increases my desire when I see him staring at them.

"I know what your doing. Your tricks don't work on me." I lie.

"Are you sure?" His grip on my waist tightens as his other hand begins to trail up my arm, a chill running down my spine at his touch.

Calm your ing girl, get a hold of yourself.

I break away eye contact and act as though he doesn't phase me, "You think you can get any girl you want just because your filthy rich and famous." I scoff. "I'm not that easy."

I attempt to push him away, but it only turns him on even more, "Your y when you play hard to get."

It's taking everything in me not to crush myself into those inviting lips of his.

Suddenly, the sound of a camera shutter goes off, echoing as it bounces off the walls of the alley. 

"ing ." Mark's expression instantly changes as he looks for where the noise came from, and spots the same man as before standing only a couple feet away from us with his camera in plain sight.

The man goes to run, but Mark is much quicker than he is.

"How much do you want for it?" He shoots him glares as he fumes with anger by the invasion of privacy.

"It's not up for sale, kid." The man sneers.

"I'll give you double what TMZ pays you. Hell, I'll triple it." Mark tries to compromise, his patience clearly wearing thin, "Name your price."

The man seems to debate on his offer.

"I want triple in cash."

Mark pulls out his wallet from his back pocket and hands him a folded stack of what looks like 100 dollar bills.

"Nice watch." The man points out, and Mark hesitates before taking it off and handing it to him.

"Do we have a deal?"

Right when the man was about to take out the memory card from the camera, he tries to make a run for it, but Mark grabs him by the collar.

"Either you hold your end of the bargain or I break your face. You decide." He says, enraged with anger and the man quickly gives him the card before sprinting away as if his life depended on it.

Mark composes himself before turning to me with an apologetic look, "I'm sorry you had to see that."

I remained frozen in the same spot as earlier, but only because I was still trying to calm myself down from that steamy moment we both shared just minutes ago before we were so rudely interrupted.

His touch still lingered on my arm, and the thought of being close to him again excited me in ways I never considered possible.

The effect that he had on me was beyond anything I had ever felt, and it was addictive.

I craved him; his lips, his body, his touch.

I wanted more.

And in that moment, I knew I was in trouble.

Because in that moment...

...I realized I was falling for Mark Tuan.