final.

Sweet Tooth

Similar to any other day, the seven boys sat around the small table in their dorm eating food made by kihyun. No one complained though, the food was good and even though they were squished they were fine with it.
however minhyuk wasn`t fine with it. Well not the space, the throbbing pain in his mouth. He shoved it away like any other day, not wanting to dwell on it and get worried. So he continued to eat, and every time he took a bite he squeezed his eyes shut, holding the food in his mouth for a little, and eventually beginning to chew.

“minhyuk are you okay?” the blonde looked up to meet hyunwoo`s concerned expression. He smiled and nodded.

“yeah, it`s just a little hard.” Hyunwoo continued to look at him, by now he could tell when he was lying, everyone could.

They continued to eat but every time minhyuk`s expression just got worse and more sour. He placed his palm on his cheek and pouted, quickly dismissing it. With enough courage he decided to take on more bite, and to his surprise, the food was hard. Minhyuk winced and grabbed his cheek once again squeezing his eyes shut.

“minhyuk are you sure you`re okay?”

“yeah I said the food was-“

“is it your tooth again?” hoseok popped up his head, spoon hanging out of his mouth. Minhyuk`s eyes widened and he quickly got up to go to the bathroom. Upon looking, his tooth was indeed cracked a bit.

“go to the dentist minhyuk, we have the whole week off.” Kihyun shouted from the living room.

“you know I can`t do that you know I don`t like the dentist.”

“minhyuk you`re twenty-something years old now, it`s not a big deal.” Jooheon began to gather some of the plates on the table. Minhyuk came running back with a worried expression, still holding his cheek.

“just go please, it`s gonna keep bothering you.” Kihyun patted him on the back as he headed towards his room. The others did the same. Passing by a worried minhyuk to give encouraging words that scared him more.

-

Minhyuk sat on his bed staring at the dial pad on his phone. He had just made a phone call to the dentist to make an appointment, and unfortunately for him they were able to take him that day. He`s always had a fear of the dentist, since he was little. Though he wasn’t sure where it stemmed from he knew he didn`t like it and that wouldn`t change. But the bigger question rather than how would he get out of this, was who was going to take him. Hyunwoo and kihyun were filming, changkyun and jooheon were probably at the company, and hoseok was probably still dead asleep. That left hyungwon, the one who could actually drive.

He made his way to hyungwon who was sitting in the living room, quietly moving to stand next to him with his hands clasped in front of him.

“hyungwon.”

“hm?”

“can you.. take me to the dentist?”

“you actually did it?”

“just yes or no, please.” As much as minhyuk wanted him to say no so he could cancel, he wanted him to say yes, maybe it would calm him down.

“when?”

“today.”

“what time?”

“in thirty minutes.” Hyungwon looked up at the blonde and bit his lip in thought, eventually getting up to go to his room and put his shoes on. Minhyuk felt like he was about to cry, something like this was hard for him. Sure it was childish, but either way he was not in the mood for it.

“well if you don`t want to we don`t have to-“

“come on, im already out the door minhyuk.”

“but hyungwon-“

“come on.” With a deep sigh minhyuk slipped on some shoes and walked out the door behind hyungwon, with the biggest pout he could muster.

-

“minhyuk get out of the car.” It had been almost ten minutes that hyungwon had been standing by the passenger door. He rubbed his face and looked at the boy once again, begging him to come down.

“I can`t hyungwon I-“

“you`re not going alone im going with you, so just come out already you baby.” Minhyuk stared at hyungwon and his shoulders dropped. He was right, he wasn’t going alone but that wasn`t enough comfort. After another five minutes he was out of the car and clinging to the tall boy.

The two had just entered the office but hyungwon felt like he had already heared thousands of dentist stories from minhyuk. Both his own and some he had heard. Hyungwon chuckled, he really was scared.

“minhyuk you`ll be fine, it probably won`t take that long.”

“well we can go home if you don`t want to wait! Im sure it`ll grow back on it`s own it`s not a big chip!” minhyuk was squirming in his seat. Playing with the hem of his shirt, playing with his nails, occasionally running his hand through his hair and fixing his bangs.

“we`re already here, minhyuk calm down you`ll be okay.” He looked over at minhyuk who was chewing on his lip as if it were the only thing to eat on earth. He slapped his shoulder to get him to stop, and he did. Instead he started to pick at his torn jeans.

“Lee Minhyuk?”

Hyungwon stood up and grabbed minhyuk`s hand, practically dragging him to where the nurse was standing.

“this is him, can I stay with him? He`s a little nervous.”

“That`s fine, follow me please.”

In the short span of time that they spent walking to one of the patient rooms minhyuk had not stopped rambling. He kept saying he was too scared, he wanted to wait another day, the agency just called him and he had to go, his heart wasn`t ready.

“the doctor will be with you soon.”

The moment the door shut minhyuk turned around in the chair and stared at hyungwon with pure fear.

“hyungwon, I can`t do this I don`t want to do this I don’t think I can do this hyungwon.”

“everything is going to be fine, you`re overthinking It way too much.”

“n-no im not! Remember the stories I told you earlier? Things like that happen hyungwon and that could happen to me right now!”

“minhyuk he`s not going to drop a tool in your mouth, relax and breathe.”

“I can`t relax hyungwon im scared im so scared.” Minhyuk reached his hand out and hyungwon, being the good friend he was grabbed and squeezed lightly.

“im right here minhyuk nothing bad is going to happen.”

At that moment there was knocking on the door and hyungwon immediately let go of his hand, to which minhyuk whine and became antsy again.

“im assuming you`re minhyuk?” the doctor looked at the scared twenty year old in the seat and nodded.

“alright, well let`s see what we have here. Do you mind if I look?” minhyuks eyes widened and his mouth opened to reject but no words came out. Hyungwon stayed quiet and watched intently to make sure nothing bad would happen, the poor kid was nervous enough. Minhyuk kept squirming and holding the doctors hand, interrupting him and trying to change the subject. In the end the doctor stood up, said he would be back, and left the room.

“minhyuk he was just gonna look-“

“hyungwon can you atleast try to understand me? I feel like crying im shaking!” hyungwon nodded and mumbled an `okay`. The doctor came back in with a nurse and a tray with an array of tools and machines. Minhyuk felt like he was going to faint and he dropped his arms over the sides of the chair. Hyungwon grabbed one and squeezed yet again so he wouldn`t feel alone. He really was scared, and he was feeling a little sorry for how he acted.

The doctor explained that he would give minhyuk a gas that would sedate him. Minhyuk once again began to speak but before he knew it his head hit the chair and his eyes were closed, but hyungwon still was holding.

-

When hyungwon opened his eyes the first thing he saw was minhyuk clapping, and a few nurses around him. He then started to hear his laughter, his sweet laughter that was better than his whining. His hand was no longer in hyungwon`s but he didn`t expect it to be. He sat up in his chair and met eyes with one of the nurses.

“everything is done, he`s a little loopy now but he should be okay in a few hours. We`ll leave you with him for a few minutes.”

“ah, okay thank you.” He bowed his head multiple times as the nurses passed, eventually scooting his chair to sit next to minhyuk.

“hyungwon! Hyung.. won. But im the hyung!” minhyuk`s laughter exploded in the small room, and hyungwon couldn`t help but crack a smile.

“right. How are you feeling?”

“I feel good, how are you feeling?” the blonde tilted his head and pursed his lips, humming as he waited for a response. “you look tired!”

“well I did sleep, just like you.”

“I slept? When did I sleep?” he retracted his head and covered his eyes, laughing more.

“nevermind. It wasn` t that bad right minhyuk?”

“you know hyungwon, you may be tired but you still look good.” Minhyuk giggled and poked the boy`s cheek. Hyungwon tired not to take it personally, after all this wasn`t really minhyuk. Right?

“thanks. You look good too minhyuk.”

“no I mean, you look GOOD!” he practically shouted the last word, cupping hyungwon`s face. “how did we get blessed with such a visual? You`ve always been good looking. I think I had a crush on you when I first saw you. I wouldn`t be surprised if I still did now.”

“minhyuk let go please?” he did as he was told and sat back in the chair looking at hyungwon with pursed lips. Hyungwon`s cheeks were going red, his mind wondering on the subject that what minhyuk said could be real. Before he could ask, minhyuk was cupping his cheek as the pain started to appear.

“it hurts hyungwon. Make it stop please!”

“I can`t do anything about that, im sorry.” Hyungwon frowned a bit, of course he didn`t like seeing his friend in pain. What he did like however was seeing the cute facial expressions the boy was making. However minhyuk began to whine again, crying about how much it hurt.

“you`re such a baby minhyuk.”

Minhyuk stopped crying and sniffled, looking at the dark haired boy beside him with a smile.

“your baby!” he giggled as he sat back in the chair, eventually going back to crying. Hyungwon figured that he would have to ask him about that when he wasn`t so crazy later.