One.

Bed Time

I don't know, it's kinda late I don't feel too good so...yeah. 

Feel free to tell me abt spelling/grammar mistakes, I didn't beta this.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the patter of tiny feet running around upstairs. He could faintly hear giggles let out by his two sons as they played tag right before bedtime.

Picking up the two tiny mugs of hot milk, Chanyeol trudged upstairs, nearly knocking into a wild four year old chasing his brother. Putting both drinks down on his dresser so he could keep an eye on the temperature as he changed, their father slipped out of his work attire and pulled on his soft, tartan pyjamas, the ones his friends hated so much that they tried to burn them that one time. He smiled at the memory and plugged his phone in, turning off the light as he left the room with the, now warm, mugs of milk. He took them both to the boys’ bedroom and found the two of them play fighting on the carpet, hair tufted up and pyjamas wrinkled.

 

“Boys! It’s nine pm! How are you still so full of energy?” Chanyeol asked as he set the mugs down on the shelves above both beds. He pulled the two boys apart and brushed off their clothes, smoothing out the wrinkles.

“We’re soldiers, Daddy!” Sehun exclaimed, holding up an imaginary gun.

“No! Daddy, we’re florists!” Jongin pouted, pretending to pass him a bouquet of flowers.

“Florists? Where did you learn that word, Jonginnie?” Chanyeol asked, frowning a little as he accepted the bouquet and took a long whiff of the flowers, offering Jongin a wide smile, “Tulips are my favourite.”

“I know! Kyungie from daycare! He teaches me lots of things, Daddy!” Jongin smiled widely, rearranging the flowers where Chanyeol had knocked them out of place.

“I know he does, Jonnginnie. You’re quite fond of him, aren’t you?” Chanyeol smiled, adding the flowers to the vase on Jongin’s shelf. Said boy nodded and smiled brightly as he tugged on Sehun’s sleeve.

 

“Well, I hate to break it to you boys but it’s that time again.”

Both boys whined and Sehun even went so far as to stomp his foot, letting out a squeak when his toe hit the floorboard hard.

“I’m sorry, boys.” Chanyeol said, patting their heads. Sehun took hold of his big hand and hugged it to his small chest, tears starting to brim in his eyes. His father quickly crouched and pulled him into his chest and his hair, “Sehunnie…”

Jongin squeezed himself into the hug and wrapped his arms around his father’s bicep, “i don’t want to go.”

Sehun nodded in agreement and Chanyeol quickly blinked back the tears building in his eyes, “you’ll see me next weekend! And I promise i’ll take you out. I’m sorry I couldn’t this weekend, I know I told you I would.”

Jongin shook his head and looked up at his dad, smiling softly, “as long as we get to be with you, we don’t mind!”

Sehun scoffed and smiled cheekily, “I still want ice-cream though.”

 

Chanyeol laughed and stood, gesturing at the two beds on either side of him, “come on, get in.”

Jongin and Sehun climbed into their assigned bed, Sehun’s with spiderman covers and Jongin’s with his plain white ones. Their dad, stepped over to Sehun first, as he was a bit less clingy than Jongin, and tucked the covers in, making sure to rub his arms to help him warm up. Sehun never liked the covers too high and he usually kicked them off in his sleep anyway. When Chanyeol tucked Jongin in, he made sure his heated blanket was at the perfect temperature, his pillows fluffed up just right and the covers tucked in around his neck, right underneath his chin. When he was done, he sat on the edge of his bed and held his son’s small hand in his own large one, giving it an affectionate squeeze.

 

The boys weren’t afraid of the dark per se, but they prefered their dad to stay with them until they fell asleep (to make sure no monsters got them). So Chanyeol turned off the light, getting himself comfortable against the wall, pulling Jongin’s covers over himself so the boy could rest his feet in his lap.

 

When Chanyeol woke up, his neck was aching from being bent awkwardly due to falling asleep against the wall. His nose felt a little blocked and his mouth had gone dry from hanging open. He looked at his two sons, only to find Sehun not in his bed. He frowned and got out of bed, careful not to wake up Jongin. He walked quietly across the hall to his own room, only to find Sehun not there. He felt a small pang in his chest as he jogged to the bathroom and almost felt relieved when he found his son there. Well, as relieved as he could be to find his son puking into the toilet bowl.

“Oh, Hunnie,” Chanyeol rushed over, brushing his bangs away from his sweaty forehead. Chanyeol rubbed his back while he continued to heave, only finally slumping to the side after a good few minutes.

The taller collected some toilet paper and cleaned his son’s face and the toilet seat, promptly flushing it and spraying odour remover. He leaned over his son to wet a flannel before gently cleaning his face some more, being oh so gentle with his young skin.

“Why didn’t you tell me you didn’t feel well?” Chanyeol asked, rinsing off the flannel and ringing it out in the sink.

“I felt fine at bedtime. I’m sorry…” Sehun said meekly, head hanging low.

Chanyeol pulled his son into his lap and lifted his chin, his hair, “don’t be sorry Sehun. You’re just not very well, there’s nothing wrong with that. Well done for coming to the bathroom, i’m very proud.”

Sehun smiled just slightly before he hiccuped, pushing his face into his father’s chest, “Daddy, i’m tired.”

 

Chanyeol stood with his son in his arms, carrying him to his own room and tucking him into the huge bed in the centre.

“I’ll be right back,” he said before going to the boys’ room and picking up Jongin, carrying him into his bedroom and settling him beside Sehun, then getting in beside the latter, hugging him close.

 

He was about to drift off, about to let his eyes close when he hear the faintest, “I love you, Daddy.” Ending his day with a smile on his face.


“I love you too. Both of you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

have fun trying to sleep without cuddling your pillow, i know i will *shy smile*