final

hunting

A group of friends had planned to go ghost-hunting or simply exploring the restricted areas of their (rumoured) haunted school, at 7pm.

"Are you crazy?" Hoseok inhaled sharply.

Hoseok has the weakest heart amongst the team, his heart feels like its being squeezed by barb wires everytime someone mentions anything in relation to ghosts. He is scared, so ing scared, and he admits it. But still, his friends wants to drag him along.

"Come on, it's just exploring. Besides, there's like seven of us, even numbers don't work." Jooheon reassures.

"It's exploring, Jooheon." Hoseok rolls his eyes, "Who taught you that." Jooheon shrugs.

With a nudge, Hoseok was faced with Hyunwoo's chest. Hyunwoo lifts Hoseok's face by his chin, "Hey, whatever happens, I'll be right by your side."

That did calm Hoseok's fear level, by just a tiny bit because Hoseok's heart was still racing, faster than the champion of F1. The group prepared themselves with nothing, just bracing their hearts and soul for the things to come. This wasn't the first time for Jooheon and Changkyun, since they've been doing this exploring for quite a few times with a bunch of other kids. They always share their stories and every one of them were always blocked out by Hoseok's ear. Hoseok's weak heart can't let him survive the dark for long, how was he suppose to to walk thru a dark corridor and enter toilets that were abandoned?

Kihyun pulls Hoseok along, he can't back out now even when his knees were trembling and it might give way anytime soon. Hyunwoo was true to his words because for the first part of the journey, they stick like glue, almost holding hands. Hoseok folds his arms nervously, his body shivers at the mere thought of finding a 'thing' in the dark. When they walked up the staircase of the restricted block, Hoseok couldn't help himself and holds on to Hyunwoo's offered hand, very tightly. They walked and walked, Minhyuk was restless, not until Hyungwon decides to entertwine their fingers together. Kihyun was very very interested with what they could find that day, he was a tad disappointed since the road to was fairly boring. Jooheon and Changkyun leads the way like experts. They heard small movement when they walked pass a computer lab. Words of complaints and worries started flowing and Hoseok's heart froze, almost completely if it wasn't for the comfort of Hyunwoo's thumb caressing his skin. Hoseok looked down most of the time, unable to let his eyes wander about his surroundings.

"Here we are, folks." Jooheon says in a hush manner, switching on the lights of the girls' toilet.

"Like I said, the hand dryer wasn't working this morning, neither was it working during lunch break. Let's see now." Changkyun states as his hand prepares to go under the hand dryer.

The hand dryer started, and it blew air, just like normal machines. Hoseok belittles himself as he hid behind both Hyunwoo and Kihyun.

"Stand in this spot and you can see something." No one dared to move from their positions, except Kihyun.

Kihyun sighs as he sees nothing, "." Kihyun shifts his gaze, mumbling profanities under his breath.

"What did you see?" Minhyuk asks, voice small, almost squeaking like a mouse.

"Nothing actually. Was just triggering you guys." Kihyun ends off with a smug smile. (In fact, he did see something.)

"Okay next." Changkyun drags the team out.

Jooheon was heading towards the staircase, going up.

"NO, no, no, no," Hoseok sweats, gripping Hyunwoo's hand harder, "We are not going up, we are never going up." He whines.

Three and a half out of seven people has smug faces because Minhyuk pinched Hyungwon's side for giving Jooheon ideas. They went up anyways because again, "Even numbers don't work." Which does not even relate to Hoseok's complaints. They walked pass rows of art classroom. Hoseok looks down again, never really wanting to lift his head anymore.

"Don't look back," Hyunwoo tightens his grip, "I feel something on my left." Kihyun whispers.

By now, Hoseok and Hyunwoo was leading the way back to safe ground, followed by Minhyuk and Hyungwon and the trio at the back. Hoseok wants to run but he couldn't so he speeded up his walking pace, almost sprinting down the stairs. He felt Minhyuk suddenly gripping on his shirt and the four of them stayed very close to one another. The trio walks closely behind.

Changkyun sneaks out his handphone and captured a photo of Hyunwoo and Hoseok because, blackmail item obtained.

The flash made Hoseok flinched, almost jumping, he looks back, glaring at Changkyun while Changkyun was semi-laughing, semi-choking on his spit. Once they reached safe ground, the entered the cafe five blocks away from school, because no one like telling stories at the place you just explored in. They checked themselves, whether everyone is still as sane as before. Hoseok's heart doesn't stop beating profusely, even with hot chocolate in his hands.

Changkyun checks out the photo he took. It was blur and has an ugly flash effect but what caught his eyes were the shadow at the corner of the picture. He told the group about it, Hoseok backing away. He refused to look at the picture and refused to believed Changkyun's stupid assumptions. Someone had the nerve to place the phone right in front of Hoseok's face, almost shoving it. Hoseok squints, he sees nothing. Nothing at all. LIKE THERE WAS NOTHNG FOR GOD'S SAKE, ARE YOU ALL BLIND?? Hoseok argues.

The opinions were divided and Hoseok would stick to his opinion and that's final. He doesn't want to go hunting anymore, he doesn't want to scare himself, HE WANTS TO SLEEP WITHOUT NIGHTMARES.

"You can sleep at my place. I'll be always by your side, Hoseok."

And it took Hoseok three weeks to get over with it.


BACKSTORY!

This fic was a little exaggerated from the real thing but.

So my friends and I, five of us, went hunting at like 7pm at the so-called restricted block of the school. And I was scared like ing scared. I tried backing out but none of my friends would come with me because EVEN NUMBERS DON'T WORK. What is it with that. So we went to the third and fourth floor, went inside the female's toilet and back to the library. Was suppose to be doing some self-study but there we were, hunting for supernatural. Also, I was super scared that I looked down and held my friend's hand super ing tight, his hand went numb. Also, the photo my other friend took didn't show any 'thing' but they keep forcing their opinions on me like "you walked right next to it, though" LIKE STOP, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE.

Minhyuk's part where he suddenly gripped onto Hoseok was when my friend let her eyes wander, she took a glance to her right and saw white. She got scared, no , and held on to me and I almost threw myself off the cliff. That's that, I'm still traumatized and I don't think my heart would ever come down.

, i'm scaring myself again.

 

Adios.