F i n a l

NightBreeze

Footsteps echo across the empty corridor.

Bronze eyes gaze down at the diamond encrusted marble floor, onyx shoes leaving foot prints on the clean surface.

The male almost felt apologetic, if not for the fact that the gods do not care.

It felt as if the whole world were on his shoulders.

This dinner determined the fate of not only his own, but as well as his father and step mother.

If nothing goes as plan, as the way the King of the Sky wants it to, he would not only possibly be smite on the spot, but his father may as well as be banished from the kingdom.

Something he has been working for a millennium before he was even conceived would vanish before their eyes.

It was a prison sentence guised as a dinner party.

Complimentary by the god himself.

The male wants to scoff, curse out of spite of his own fate, but that would only lead to trouble more than enough he has already put his father through.

His father has been more than kind enough to him, never once blaming him for any of the incidents.

This is the least he could do.

It was not as if he had a say in this.

The fate of his own written before he uttered a single breath into this world.

He stands before the gold doors, ones that would sentence him once they open.

Everything in this palace was so ostentatious, the pristine statues that greeted him when he entered, the blazing lights from above supported by wires of expensive diamond encrusted chandeliers caused irritation to his eyes leading him to squint, everything in the palace practically blares how pretentious the King is.

Wanting everyone who has the graciousness to have been bless of being invited could see the wealth (power) the sky god holds, as if it weren’t cleared before, it has Taehyung muffling a sigh from escaping his plump lips.

Try as he might he could come up with a dozen of reasons as to why the palace is so flashy, but he could not stall his own imprinted fate.

Taking in a steady breath, he reaches for the handle.

Wrapping his slender fingers against the cool metal, he closes his eyes doing his best to remain calm because he would be damn if he embarrassed his father in front of the others.

Because before the male began to walk to the diner, he had been told all of twelve important gods and goddesses would be present.

It caused cold chills to run down his spine.

To be in the spot light before many of them was not something he takes lightly.

It only reinforced how important this all was.

Taehyung would have to play his role.

Many would curse their parent for causing this all to be on them, but the son of the Underworld would not dream of it.

He understood.

When he was first told of his own fate, it came to him as shock as denial swirled inside of him – his father carefully explaining of the details to the contract he has made from the past.

The Lord of the Underworld spoke, slowly enough for his brain to catch up to the upcoming event, the rules and regulations he is to follow, but his father only had spoken to him about it just recently (he has broken a number of rules because of this).

The son of the King has come of age just mere days before, if it were the other way around as most assumed he would have been told this two years ago possibly earlier than that (his father wanted to grant him at least a bit of freedom before he was to be married off), and he is to be wed to him as a consolation prize.

Of course his father had put it in lighter terms, but it is what it is.

Today Taehyung is to be presented to his own mate, something the gods saw as an opportunity because they all saw him as valuable (a toy) as they once witnessed the greatness (the power) the kin of Hades holds within.

Though it was not as if just any god or goddess could stake claim of him, of course it was not as simple as that, he thought with a dry chuckle.

It would not be by whoever has an eye on him, no other could choose him for their own child.

Of course not.

The King of the Sky would not have that, too greedy on behalf of his own kin.

When the time came, when the son of his was of age, they would all come together to witness the bridge between the Lord of the Underworld and the King of the Sky merge into something that was unheard of.

The treaty of sorts would give Zeus to wield unimaginable powers more so than the god has already.

Taehyung would be the one to connect the two colliding worlds, a mere present for the kin of Zeus.

The deal was made a century ago.

Laughable was the cruel situation.

In exchange his father would have reign he should have millennials of years ago, but the King was never fair.

His father has stood by for centuries, taking any hit, any curse thrown his way while staying quiet.

So of course it was fair he would break.

Going as far as to come up with a deal no one could refuse, something Taehyung thought was just a tad cruel, to give way of his kin in return to have an equal amount of power that he is more than entitled to, but of course the King has downgraded the power just a bit.

Even so, the deal was sealed with a handshake as well as a sworn of oath – The King has a history of going back on his word, he thought with a shadow of anger on behalf of his father.

In the end, the Lord of the Underworld has hold his part of the deal. Taehyung’s presence proof enough, so it was now up to the King to hold his.

Taehyung does not blame his father for going to such lengths, no matter how unjust the whole situation on his end is, he holds nothing but respect for his father.

Proud to be the son of the Underworld, he holds the titled with his head held high.

So he would play this role to perfection for his father as well as his mortal mother and step mother.

He would make them proud.

-

The grand doors creak open, announcing his presence.

All eyes were on him, a cold sweat coated his forehead, but even with all that – he holds his head high.

Bowing as he passes by each god and goddess, careful with his steps.

No one likes to be kept waiting.

He knew of the temper the King holds.

Graceful were his steps as he kept a respectable pace.

Golden irises met briefly with each of them, never holding eye contact too long for he does not want to feel each emotion of their own, a showing of respect.

A sneer was thrown his way by the god of War – something he tries not to think a second about.

Though before he could stop the feeling from swelling, guilt pangs at his chest.

It causes a stutter into his step before he shook himself out of it.

Those emotions were trivial at best, though it does not matter anymore.

For it will remain in the past as nothing but a distant memory.

As he reaches the end of the hall where the King sat at the front where he would always be, he feels the tall tale signs of wanting to flee.

Flee from this arrangement, be free from the chains that would hold him - Confine him for a life of imprisonment.

But he holds himself.

Not once faltering, though the incident from before weighs heavy in his mind, before he stands tall in front of the god that would sentence him.

As he was taught mere weeks before, he keeps his gaze low as he slowly gets down on one knee to bow before the god.

His hand rest just above his knee as he keeps his mind quiet, face calm and eyes blank.

Not once hinting of any emotion, no sign of weakness would come from him.

A warm hand touches the arch of his back, he straightens at the contact as he chances a glance up to see his father looking down at him with chocolate brown eyes, warmth in their gaze.

Blinking, he could feel the itch of sorrow, to let out a few tears.

It was only fair for him to do so, this situation was no easy one.

Having been told just a stretch of time before that he would not only be gone from the previous life he once led, he was to be betroth to someone who he has never met prior to this day.

It left a tang of bitterness on his tongue as he gives his father a smile of reassurance before going back into the respectable position.

Time tickle to a stop as the doors, the same ones that sealed his fate, opened from just behind him.

Murmurs interrupted from all around the male, voices echoing around them.

They were praising the person who entered.

Just the opposite of the silence that had engulfed the room when he entered mere minutes ago.

The ends of the hairs on the back of his neck stood high, he could feel the piercing gaze on his back.

The gaze felt calculating, dissecting as they bore into his figure.

Even with his back turn, he knew who this was.

It was not a hard guest.

Curiosity seeped into his skin as he wonders what type of person his spouse to be is like even under the guise of him being well okay with this whole arrangement, he hoped this person would be kind though he does not hold his breath.

Many would possibly envy his position, to be wed as well as mated to one of the most powerful kin, to have been blessed to do so because only the ‘chosen’ ones are good enough for them.

To be so lucky.

“You may rise.” The voice croons from just behind him.

A velvet tone, laced with hidden intentions.

Whether good or bad, he doesn’t know.

Fluttering his lashes, he looks up towards the King wanting permission to do so.

One wrong move could cost him after all.

When he is given a dismissive wave of the finger, he rises.

Straightening his back, he feels the reassuring squeeze on his arm by his father.

He could do this.

As he thought about the whole situation once again as he turns to look back at the one who he was to be bound until his last breath, he wonders what life would be like without the fairy tales.

Would he be free, deciding his own fate?

A simple college student? A bum on the street? An artist or perhaps a musician?

All of this crosses his mind once he meets the eyes of electrifying orbs that seemed to pierce through his existence.

The breath knock right out of him.

-

The male holds still as the tailor adjusts his suit once more, he glances at his own reflect – his expression of indifference.

This was a duty to be full filled, Jeongguk thought.

Nothing more, nothing less - No mistakes were to be made as the whole process was to be done.

A flaw could have the whole situation crumbling, it was something he would see to it that it would not happen.

Mistakes were never to be made in his own world.

Everything has to be perfect, down to the single cell.

The son of the sky has been taught all of this since he was bred by his own father.

It was a heavy responsibility to carry-

Being the kin of the sky god, many expectations fall on their shoulders. To be accountable for every action, to be almost if not more powerful than his father.

The headaches that followed the title has him wound up, always on the brink of tension.

When he was given the news that his own bride to be has already been chosen for him, a sigh of relief was given.

It was one thing he would never have to worry for.

The information has been told to him once he reached his teenage years.

Ever since then, he would always wonder how this person is like.

Would they be as cold as his own father? A superiority complex like goddess Hera?

Or would they be something else entirely?

Thoughts would flit here or there when he was training or rather studying as his mind likes to wonder often.

Even though he has to treat it as something to be fulfilled as any task that was given to him, it still did nothing to stop his imagination.

The kin of the Underworld was to be his mate.

Jeongguk has always heard the stories surrounding the Underworld god, all the rumors coming from the end of his ear to the other because he was one to never mind the gossip.

He has never met the god himself, so he keeps his judgement under lock and key until they come face to face.

Until then, he knows of the gods’ duties and of his wife.

The story there that lies within has him interested, it would manifest in his mind that he may have to do acutely similar to those actions to keep what is rightfully his by his side until all of eternity.

Because there would be no other person that would have his interest, no matter how many willing entities or mortals that would throw themselves at him.

It is clear that the one who he is to be wed – from here on out, they would his entire world otherwise fate would not have chosen to tie their string of fate together.

As he directs his cold gaze towards the faun speaking to him, of the list of whoever was to attend the dinner, the excitement starts to spark within as the time trickles down to the awaited meeting.

The day he is to finally be wed to his mate, it has arrived.

-

The security team that surround his body has him rolling his eyes in annoyance.

As if anyone would dare harm him.

Of course his father has many enemies, but he could more than take care of himself.

When they were turning around the corridor, he sees a figure standing before the open golden doors.

The same ones he would be entering in a few minutes.

Jeongguk openly stares at the person, his gaze taking in the way blond strands were curved just the slightest away from their forehead.

Slowing sliding down towards the smooth, unscathed neck, his finger twitching for an itch to touch, resting on the pearl dress shirt that loosely clung onto the male’s figure.

His eyes appraising the opening of the shirt just above his shoulders, showing a modest view of the back – the need to mark what is his grows as the bronze skin glows tauntingly under the lights.

There would be time for that later into the night Jeongguk thought as his eyes travel down the arch of the back downwards towards the tighten onyx jeans that outlined the bum of the male’s, his eyes darken.

He wonders briefly how the shape of the body would look as they lay on his fine silk sheets, he has no ounce of shame.

The person disappears through the doors after a moment.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that is his own.

The corners of his mouth turn downwards as he took notice of the lack of presence surrounding the male from before, wondering as to why wasn’t any one accompanying his mate to be.

They should know they were to protect his most valuable possession at all cost.

An injustice that he would later speak about.

Though his eyes cloud with ire as he thought of all the possible dangers that linger around them, his father has been boastful of the whole arrangement there could be no telling if anyone would have planned an attack against either of them.

Previously his annoyance of the guards that crowded him was just, but he has no idea if his mate could hold his own and that has his fingers tingling with life.

If something would have happened, if a filthy being had marred the skin of his mate there would have been hell to pay, Jeongguk would have seen to it.

Taking in a calming breath, he lolls his neck – this was no time to act so brash, he thought as he constructs his expression perfectly blank and pushes down the emotions building up down to the pit of his mind.

He would deal with this later, he thought as he was brought to the golden doors.

A breath away to finally meeting his own mate.

-

As the door opens, he pays no mind to the gods and goddesses.

The erupting murmurs around him fade into the background as he gaze immediately fall on the bowing figure before his father’s throne.

His brows tick in annoyance at the sight.

Of course his father demands respect, but this was his lover to be.

The only reason his mate should be on his knees would only be for him. Before him, with his pretty mouth wrapped around his .

Be it as it may, he could not demand his father to excuse the male from bowing, it would be out of line, so he swallows the words down before walking towards the other.

As he makes his way, he makes sure to bow at each of the powerful entities, not once breaking contact from the figure.

From earlier in the hall, he could tell the male was a sight to behold.

Biting back a smirk, he could not wait until he has his hands around his possession, to claim the male in front of every one.

No one would be able to touch what is his.

Though of course it has happen before, he knows of the history of the Ares child who thought could stake claim of what is rightfully his.

Anger had filled him, the dull simmer still lingers in the pit of his stomach, when he was told by the goddess of love.

As much as he would have love to smite the other into oblivion, it was impossible.

It would hold deadly consequences with the god of war and of course with his mate.

If he had laid a harmful hand on the child, he knew he would never be forgiven by the child of the Underworld.

Not like he would want to outright hurt his lover to be either.

So he patiently waits until the day came, they would be force to separate and the male would be all his.

Jeongguk does not blame him, not even a little bit.

Because he was told the other had not known until a few weeks prior of the meeting.

It was a little cruel as he watched the break up happen, as he took joy out of seeing it.

Though the figures were blur, at the time he wanted to wait until they officially meet to know how the male looks, his heart twinge with guilt because he knew it would not be easy.

The fates were written, nothing could be change.

It wasn’t as if he would want it to.

He could just hope the male would not want it too.

As the distance lessen, he wants to pick up his pace, he could feel his heart thudding loudly against his chest in anticipation.

A thought passes as he finally reaches the bowing male, he chances a glance to his left as he bows in respect of the father that bred his mate.

There was a tightness around the god’s eyes, he almost wants to ask why.

The god himself made the deal, no one had forced him to give his kin in the hand of an arranged marriage.

If anything his greed is to blame.

So why does he look like he blames it all on him?

A fool is a fool if the god would blame it on Jeongguk, but it wasn’t as if it mattered.

The deal was sealed.

A breath away from finally tying it all together.

His lips curl into what he hopes looks non-threatening, his eyes light as they stare into each other’s eyes.

Because even if the male is not one to blame, he hopes it could silently be communicated he has no intention of doing any harm to his son.

Far from it.

Even if they have not met before until today, it felt as if Jeongguk would take and give just about anything in the world for his future significant other.

Tearing his gaze away from his father in law, he almost chuckles at the thought, he turns his attention back onto the other male.

Stares until his vision blurs from the lack of moisture.

“You may rise.” His voice finally breaks the silence surrounding the dining hall, every being in the room anticipating whilst they stood there.

Watching every movement the male makes, his jaw ticks as he sees the other wanting approval from his father as if he needs it any more, not when he was to be wed to Jeongguk.

Impatience begins to rise as his father seemingly takes his time, the son of the sky god almost losing grip of himself.

He has to smooth out the ends of his tailored suit to keep himself in check.

The whole arrangement is something he has been preparing himself, many times seeking the wisdom of the goddess of love to learn how to be nothing but the best for his future love, it was something he would anticipate.

Albeit he is embarrassed to admit it, but he has kept a calendar one he uses to tick off the days that remained until he finally meets him.

 The seconds trickle down as the male turns around.

There would be no other aside from Kim Taehyung.

It has always been this child and now he will have his own tale to begin.

A new life with the other.

When their eyes meet, golden against electric blue orbs, he reaches out with a gentle hand to touch the male’s cheek.

the smooth, soft bronze skin, almost in awe as the other leans into the touch.

Whether conscious or not, it has him staring more than to be appropriate.

He chances a glance down towards the supple pink lips only to see them move.

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Jeon Jeongguk.” The soft timbre of the voice has him blinking in surprise.

The voice lower than he anticipated, it was smooth as the diamond on his index finger, deeper than any voice he has heard.

The name of his own sounds musical when said by the other, the name rolled smoothly by the male.

Jeongguk looks back to see a hint of amusement in Taehyung’s eyes, it seems he was caught, but he has no shame.

Reaching down with his free hand, he wraps his fingers around the male’s hand.

Confusion flickers in the eyes of Taehyung as Jeongguk raises their hands only to lay a simple peck on his knuckles.

“You are simply breathtaking, Kim Taehyung.” He murmurs against the male’s hand.

Heat slowly crawls up the male’s neck, the confusion in their expression has the ends of his eyes crinkling in amusement.

It doesn’t seem his mate is used to such actions.

“We are here to celebrate the future marriage between my son and the kin of Hades.” The voice of his father’s boom across the dining hall.

Jeongguk could feel the slight jolt in the male’s body, possibly by surprise, nonetheless their moment was interrupted.

It was an annoyance to him, but his expression remains placid as his father continues.

With a gentle, but firm tug at the hand of the male’s to place the other by his side.

Jeongguk pays attention as his father makes a show of the whole situation, his gaze attentive, it would be no good if he was caught not doing so after all.

Placing a hand on the lower of the male’s back, he looks from the corner of his eye to see Taehyung stare blankly ahead.

Jeongguk wonders what the male’s whole thought process of the marriage.

It would be a question he would poise once they were alone, if they ever will, he thought with a silent sigh.

His father drones on, his patience dwindling as the god does so.

“As per the request of the kin of Hades.” On the tip of his tongue he wants to correct his father, it was not the kin of Hades, it is Kim Taehyung. His father should have the decency to respect his mate. “The marriage ceremony would not commence today, it shall be a month from now.”

Jeongguk straightens at the news, his brows crinkle in mild confusion because it was never cleared to him that this would happen.

Pressing his lips into a firm line in mild disapproval because this was not a part of today’s plan.

The only reason that prevented him from objecting at the new proposal was it is Taehyung’s decision and he would respect it.

It does not matter anyway, his father seems to think it was a good decision (though he does has his suspicion as to why his father complied so easily) and so, he goes a long with it.

The male standing next to him seemed to tense at the news, Jeongguk unconsciously his thumb against the male’s back in silent reassurance.

The King of the sky bellows out that he would keep his end of the promise, it seemed to relieve the male beside him, before the god concludes it was time for the dinner.

A celebration of the promise as well as the now engagement.

With the snap of his Uncle Hermes finger, a dinner table long enough to hold twenty guests appears before them as well as two dozen servers.

As they were seated to their assign seat, much to his displeasure his mate would not be by his side, he turns his attention towards Athena who congratulates his engagement.

-

Small glances were discreetly thrown towards the son of the sky god, gold irises searching the face of the other. Drinking in the features of his fiancé.

 

It was not as if he were at fault as his eyes settle of the plump bottom lip, the male was the definition of attractive.

 

Though he was far from shallow, his future seems to be in well hands if looks were to go by – it helps he has something to stare occasionally at.

 

The whole exchange between the two only concluded when they were officially introducing each other, there were no words as they waited to be seated.

 

The son of the Underworld wonders for a moment if the other was not satisfy with him though the thought was toss aside when he briefly remembers the male not so subtly taking in his appearance.

 

Though he does wonder if the male was possibly upset by the new detail added into the contract of the whole arrangement, adding a month instead of having the marriage at this day could be as to why the male had not utter a single word towards him.

 

Taehyung thought it was only fair, even if he has no say into this, he raised his own voice concerning the marriage. He wants to have time with his future spouse, time to slowly get to know each other because it would be better this way.

 

What if the son of the sky was unhappy, something he promptly brought up (guilt gnaws at him), and would want to call off the whole arrangement seeing the male unfit to be his own mate.

 

It was a long shot, in the back of his mind he knows the other would never do it, but he was satisfy the King saw the suggestion fit.

 

His gaze lowers towards the male’s hands, his thoughts straying before they were interrupted.

 

“How are you feeling, my son?” The concern tone has all thoughts to disintegrate as he turns towards his father, his expression schooled.

 

Taehyung could see right through his father’s calm expression, the tightness surrounding the man’s eyes.

 

The corner of his lips lift into a small smile. “I am better than I thought I would be.” He answers truthfully.

 

Reaching out to place a hand on the man’s hand, the action of reassurance as he saw a flash of guilt cross those eyes. “He seems to be a good man, father. I feel safe in his presence.” The lie flows out his lips.

 

Admittedly the aura surrounding the male oozes of confidence, dominance – Taehyung has no clue as to how the male is.

 

For all he knew, the male could be something he fears or comes to hate, he has no idea, but he knows he has to put a front for everyone in the dining hall.

 

The thing he does know is that seems to satisfy him regarding the other, is the dominance. If there were a quality that Taehyung enjoyed when it came to choosing a partner, it would be in the form of someone who commands authority.

 

The male notes with a hint of relief the release of tension from the shoulders of his father’s by the words spilled.

 

“I am glad to hear that, I would hope he is. Congratulates, my dear son, on your engagement.”

 

Biting back a wry smile, it was not as if he chose the male on his own though he plays along.

 

“Thank you, father. I am sure I will be more than happy with him.” If only he could predict the future.

 

The Lord of the Underworld glances around them before looking towards his son again, his voice low as he speaks. “If there is ever any trouble, you know you could always back home. If only for a little while.”

 

Because he would never have freedom from his chains, not entirely.

 

Taehyung merely shakes his head at the thoughtful invitation. “I do not think that will ever be necessary, like I said before – I will be happy with my spouse.” Because he would not abandon his post as that would only cause trouble, he would bravely take in whatever it is the future has in store for him.

 

“Congratulations on your engagement, child.”

 

The soft voice laced with sympathy has his expression immediately brightening, he tilts his head just enough to see his step mother.

 

“Thank you, my lady. I am very happy with my mate.” The words repeat themselves because maybe if he says it enough times, it will come true.

 

Persephone reaches out a hand one he takes gratefully, and softly squeezes his hand – the action of reassurance has his eyes burning with unshed tears.

 

Swallowing the lump lodge in his throat, he gives her a small smile before he lets go.

 

Washing is mind of those forsaken thoughts of pity for himself, he turns his attention towards his forgotten food and takes a small bite.

 

Chewing thoughtfully, he looks up through his lashes towards his fiancé, if only to have something to distract himself with.

 

Only to stare into blue orbs, his breath stutters at having been caught before he glances away.

 

Heat travels up his cheeks though he should not feel any shame because the male was to be his in a matter of a month. It still caused quite an embarrassment to travel through his body at having been caught in the act.

 

Taking a look around the dining hall, careful to avoid looking towards the front where his father in law sat on his throne, as his empty bowl is taken away, he catches the eye of the goddess of love.

 

For a second, he stares into their eyes before her form begins to morph, his mouth parts in surprise (joy) as they morph into the male he knew would never walk into his life again, his eyes glazed over for a moment.

 

The familiarity of the red hair replacing honey brown curls, skin fading into a cream colour, familiar oval darken eyes stare back into his own.

 

Time seems to slow down as he heart stutters at the sight.

 

Pain twist at his own heart, a memory of a day flashes into his mind.

 

Those eyes that once looked at him as if he were their world, reflect betrayal as Taehyung revealed the secret he tried so desperately to deny for days.

 

Anger screwing the face of one who has only known happiness as they broke it off, his heart clenches at the memory.

 

The male never once touching him as the words of goodbye spill through his pink lips, tears cascading his redden cheeks.

 

The only words the male had uttered were curses thrown not at him but at cruel fate, the salt of tears coating over open wounds.

 

The memory was something he has buried within the confine of his mind.

 

Only a moment passes before red was replaced by raven, hazel eyes now electric blue.

 

Something akin to sympathy glint in their eyes.

 

It was well known in the gods’ world that Lady Aphrodite would morph into the person who you have given your love to and it had not been the son of the sky - not at first.

 

A pang of guilt rang through him because he was not supposed to be in love with anyone else aside from his own mate.

 

Lowering his gaze in akin to shame, it was not as if he could control his heart, he refocuses on the main course now presented to him.

 

-

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please!” The honey voice carries out the dining hall with no effort, the tone commands attention to them.

 

Taehyung looks up to see the goddess of love standing, a beautiful smile gracing their features.

 

“I will like to congratulate the newly engaged couple.” The goddess raises their cup. “May your love prosper into a beautiful tale many would envy.” Applause was heard all around as the two smile calmly.

 

“Love as theirs will be hard to find, I would like to give my blessing as well as a gift for the couple. A blessing for a healthy, joyful marriage and the gift of birth.”

 

Taehyung brows furrow in confusion at the words because neither would be able to produce a child, it was practically impossible and unheard of lease the goddess was leaning towards adoption.

 

Glancing towards his spouse, he sees the man has his rapt attention towards the Lady of Love – his eyes reflect curiosity.

 

The male wonders briefly if he were having the same thoughts because Taehyung has always love the idea of having children.

 

Whether or not by blood, he has plan of a future to whoever he ended marrying that they would have a child of their own or adopt.

 

As his eyes find their way back towards the goddess, it seems like a safe conclusion that they were talking about adoption, so he could hope the other would agree-

 

“The child of Hades is now able to conceive the children of Jeon Jeongguk. They will have many children who will wield unimaginable powers given their fathers blood as well as have the beauty many would lust after.” The goddess winks.

 

Staring at the goddess of love in open shock, his lips part into a silent gasp as the words continue to ring in his head.

 

Birth.

 

He has the ability to birth his own children, in his own daze of shock he fails to see the elated face of his mate as the news was told, as he ignored the cheers as he well as the boastful laugh of the king who seemed pleased with the news, Taehyung slowly rises from his chair.

 

At a perfect ninety degree, he bows as his blond hair falls over his face masking his current alarmed expression because even though his head is just above water to keep himself from drowning – he was one to never be rude.

 

“Thank you, Lady Aphrodite, for this beautiful blessing. I will use it much to my advantage to present many children.” Heat rode up from his neck towards his cheeks as the words spill from his lips. “Lady Hera, thank you as well for the blessing. I will be in your care when I birth your first grandchild.”

 

Coos of encouragement as well as applause came from all around him, his head felt as if it were going to implode by the sudden news and noise.

 

Throughout the remaining dinner, he avoids eyes of his mates almost afraid of seeing his reaction, his ears pink when his father as well as his step mother congratulate him (his step mother almost demanding to see grandkids crawling around their home soon).

 

-

 

Dinner ends with a flourish, nerves began bubbling in his stomach almost painful because of everything he has eaten during the full four hours no matter how proper the portions were.

 

The countdown began to tick down to meeting his fiancé in a less than an official environment and more private this time around, it was something he is not exactly fully prepared for.

 

Of course there was no way of avoiding it, he has fully come to terms of the whole situation, but to actually be in the moment-

 

He wants to run.

 

Even if he has no way of doing exactly that, it doesn’t mean he cannot excuse himself from the dining hall for a breath of fresh air.

 

It was just nerves and being around so many people all at once, entities of higher statures ones at that. As well as being presented by the news of being able to carry children inside of him, he was able to birth now and that thought has him wanting to flee – more so now than ever.

 

Turning to his father to excuse himself, he feels a presence from behind him and stills, almost hoping for it to be another congratulatory from one of the gods, but he knew it was hopeless when he chances a glance towards where his fiancé sits only to find the space empty.

 

Withholding a sigh when he feels a hand one the arch of his back, the feeling of possessiveness from the light touch reminding him of earlier, he turns his head over his shoulder eyes flickering up to blue orbs staring down at him.

 

He raises a brow in a silent question.

 

“Do you mind coming with me for second?” The soft timbre of the voice has a shiver run up his spine causing goose bumps to erupt on his skin, scattering around his neck down to his arms.

 

The male knows he has no room to ask for permission from his father not in this situation even so, he looks towards his father who has already turned his attention towards them.

 

“I’ll be right back, father.” He says softly, giving a reassuring smile to him.

 

His father nods before looking up, a flash of warning crosses his eyes before turns his attention towards his wife signaling it was okay.

 

With that Taehyung stands carefully, as he does though Jeongguk has placed a careful hand on his elbow. The gesture if baffling towards the male – there was no way of him falling, so it confuses him, but he lets it be.

 

-

 

Silence fills around them as they leave the palace, warmth emitting from the hand still encase comfortably around his arm. It feels almost as possessive as the hand on his back from earlier, it was almost endearing.

 

There was no need for the son of the sky to behave this way.

 

When the open sky comes into view, he is immediately drawn in almost forgetting the presence beside him as he stares up at the stars lighting up the dark night, the moon not visible, almost if not for the warmth closely by his side.

 

It caught him off guard when gentle fingers began to caress his cheek, his gaze is torn from the sky to the man who he will marry in thirty days, the idea is slowly setting in.

 

The sight that meets his eyes is unexpected, the warmth in the gaze as the male stares at him, the way he touches Taehyung as if he were something precious and even more so when the other leans down to touch their foreheads together.

 

His breathing stills as he continues to stare even when Jeongguk has closed his eyes, a small smile on the male’s lips.

 

“Is it too soon to ask for a child?”

 

Though he does not mean to, a small squeak of air comes from his lips at the question, his cheeks turn into a pretty shade of pink because if it felt as if the male threw him a curve ball.

 

It wasn’t something he saw coming, if anything he would have thought the male would discuss their upcoming marriage – not to talk about having a child.

 

“You do want to have children, right my love?” The male has opened his eyes, boring straight into his own.

 

Taehyung parts his lips, but no sound comes out.

 

Jeongguk patiently waits from the male to become coherent, amusement crinkle at the edge of eyes as he carefully observe the flitting emotions in his mate’s eyes.

 

It was perhaps too soon to ask such an important question, but the son of the sky saw no reason of beating around the bush - they were to spend the rest of their lives together, why wait?

 

Jeongguk knows exactly what he wants, once the news of Taehyung able to conceive their own children, it was the only thing that ran in his mind because it was possibly the only thing he wanted from the male.

 

The male was absolutely breathtaking, from his head to his toes, Jeongguk was easy on the eyes as well, they would breed a couple of good looking children, but it was not the only reason.

 

He wanted a family with the other, he wants to experience everything in life with the male, and so even if he does not want a family – it would just be something to come back in the future.

 

Because he wants to do nothing, but to respect the wishes of his own.

 

“O-of course, I do.” Taehyung worries his lower lip, as his gaze lowers down towards the chin of the males. “I believe it is too soon, Jeongguk. We still have our marriage to arrange for, it will be a busy month and aside from that, I would first like to get to know you better.”

 

The tone is hesitant as if his mate is afraid to over step his boundaries, it was fair because Jeongguk is of a higher standard in regards to blood by family. It is something he would have to work on to break the male out of.

 

The male tilts his head to catch the eyes of gold with a warm smile on his lips. “I understand, my love.” He murmurs softly. “Then may I ask for a kiss?” It was also something he has thought of throughout the night, the supple lips of the male.

 

Taehyung eyes droop in something akin to affection filling his eyes, the respect as well as the warmth the male has given was unexpected even though he has spoken highly of Jeongguk to his father and step mother, he has no idea what his character is like.

 

So it surprises him, when the male asks for permission and waits for his answers instead of walking all over him as he much expected, there were few experience he has with the King and well – he assumed Jeongguk would be as harsh as his father which he knew was unfair especially now that he has been proven wrong.

 

It was not even something he could, should, have to ask for because Taehyung would be more than willing, even so it has warmth erupting throughout his chest. “Of course, my mate.” He says as he places a delicate hand on the male’s neck for leverage.

 

The name seems to have pleased the other, may be because he has not utter a single word of affection as the male has done, as he cups Taehyung’s cheeks and gently connect their lips.

 

The warmth has him pressing forward, wanting more than a simple peck from Jeongguk, closing his eyes as he does so.

 

A pleased hum erupts from the male’s throat as he wraps his arms snug around Taehyung’s waist, smug at the reaction he was able to pull off out the other because of course there was worry swimming in the back of his head that may be the male would not recuperate his affections.

 

Slowly they pull apart, their lips stained, for a breath. He could see the daze in the other, it almost has him preening with pride.

 

“You are a dream come true, Taehyung.” He says as they reconnect their foreheads once again. “It is my honor to be able to marry someone as breathtaking as you are, my love.” Jeongguk gently squeezes the male to empathize his point.

 

The words ring honesty, it has hope sprung into his chest because may be the whole marriage would not be as dreadful, would not have to be a role to play and could be instead something he comes to enjoy.

 

Something he wants from the bottom of his heart and yes, he knows next to nothing of the male standing right before him, but he hopes this something that could bring happiness between the two of them because Jeongguk speaks as well as touches him as if he were the universe to him already.

 

But only the future holds the truth and outcome out of this.

 

All Taehyung could do is hope.

 

this was supposed to be at least 1k (weeps)

Anyways, this was inspired by my own work that is currently pending and is a demigod au except it is more carefree.

Of course said story is taekook as well lmao :')

I really do not know when it will be posted because it is currectly at 25k, possibly more idk I don't wan to check because I'll be tugging at my hair in frustration because that au was supposed to be less than 10k ;;;;

Never free form my friends.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading (sorry if there was any mistakes, I barely edited this)!

Comments are very much appreciated as well as criticism \o/

until next time♡