Little Time We Get to Spend Together

What Brought Us Together

Title: Little Time We Get to Spend Together
Author:  kira_akira 
Pairing: Yamada Ryosuke x OC (Original Character – Haruhi)
Rating: G (hug and kisses only..ahaks!)
Summary: Short story about a life of an idol having relationship with normal people.

 

“I think it would be better if you talk to her in person.”

“Wait, I thought the both of you are having exams now?”

“Doesn’t mean we have paper every day. Well, she has one this afternoon and I’m away for my work. I think she’s sleeping, by the way.”

“*sigh* Right, keys at the same place?”

“We didn’t even bother to change it anyway. I take it that you’re going to come?”

“What else? And I’m having a day off today. Might as well come and drop by.”

“Uh-uh, drop by. Suuurreee.”

“What’s with the prolong ‘sure’?”

“Are you sure you’re not going out for a date later?”

“Even if I happen to invite her out, what’s it with you?”

“Ahah! I knew it! Okay now, I gotta go.”

“Great, thanks by the way.”

“Most welcome, now go!”

---kira_akira---

“Now…”

He sighs when he finally arrives at the front of an apartment complex. Scanning through the area, he found the key and unlocks the door.

Ojyamashimasu…Haru?” (Pardon for intruding)

Hearing no replies, he went further in after he makes sure the door was lock.

He was actually glad to see that the living room and kitchen seems to be clean enough. Despite facing exam week, these girls did pretty good job in maintaining their house clean. He then left the kitchen and went on the other side of living room, where the bedrooms located.

As he got in front of the first room on the left, he knocks twice before slowly twisting the doorknob to enter the room.

There he saw the one he’s been longing to see, sleeping on the table, head rested on her folded arm, right cheek squish on her knees.

“Mou (Again), how many time have I told not to sleep on your desk~! You’ll get backache later if you continue to sleep like this.”

All he got from scolding the girl was just another soft snore.

He then approach the table, starting to pile up the notes, rearrange all the sticky note that hasn’t being used and books were push aside.

“Ummmhhh…Yui?”

Yui janai, boku dayo!”  (It’s not Yui, it’s me!)

Hearing the masculine voice from whom she thought supposed to be her friend, she immediately sat up.

“Eeeh?! Ryosuke?!”

Sou, (right) now get up and take a shower. I’ll be using your kitchen so-”

Shigotou wa?” (What about your work?)

“Today is my day off. Just, take a shower and we’ll talk later.”

Still in her confuse state, she just nodding and went to take a shower.

---kira_akira---

Half an hour later, Haruhi found herself sitting in front of Ryosuke, eating omurice that the latter cook.

“What time is your exam for today?”

Haruhi immediately stood up, “Oh my god! My exam! I need to study! It’s-”

Iikara, (It’s okay) breakfast first! After this I’ll accompany you to study, now answer my question!”

She slumped back on her seat, pouting a bit, “12p.m. to 2p.m., nande?” (Why?)

Nandemonai. (Nothing.)Finish your breakfast; leave the plate here, you just go to your room and study. I’ll wash the plate for you.”

Pouting still on her lips, Haruhi shrugs and do as she’s told to.

Jyaa, I’ll be in my room.”

Hai, hai.”

Ryosuke smiles watch as Haruhi’s back disappearing until she enters her room.

---kira_akira---

As soon as she enters her room, she takes a look at her desk. Before, she was either way to shock at his sudden appearance or too tired that she didn’t realize Ryosuke had tidy up her desk.

Sighing, she settles down, pulling the notes while grabbing a pen and sticky note to write down important point for her to memorize.
Haruhi didn’t realize for how long she’s been studying until she heard her alarm ringing.

“11?!! I need to get ready!”

Stood up, she went to her wardrobe and simply takes out a black slack and pastel color of her blouse, rush to the bathroom and change.

Ryosuke, who was on the living room, heard the ruckus, immediately went to the source of the sound and knock twice before entering the room.

Haruhi, doua no?” (Haruhi, what’s wrong?)

Muffles voice heard from the bathroom, “Exam! I’m getting ready!”

“You’re going now?”

The door to the bathroom open, revealing Haruhi in her new attire. She walk passed Ryosuke and grab her bag, stuffing in her pencil case, entrance slip, phones, purse and lastly wearing her student ID.

“In case you forgotten, Ryosuke, it takes about half an hour to reach my university. 5 walking to the bus stop, about 20 minutes for the ride and another 5, if I’m athletic enough to run, to reach for the exam hall. And we need to be there at least 15 minutes before the exam start.”

Ah, sou desu ne (Ah, that’s right)I’ll drive you then.”

She nods, checking her appearance once again before walking to Ryosuke and give him a quick kiss on his lips.

Deshou! (See!) That’s why I’ll be- eh?!”

Ryosuke let out a chuckle, “You heard me, I’ll take you there so no need to rush.”

She looks flustered, “Eh, d-demo...Won’t you get caught by paparazzi?”

“Daijoubu datte. (I told you it’s okay) I come here by tou-san’s (dad’s) car. And do you know that he went to get tinted for his car? So it’s okay.”

Haruhi still have the unconvinced look on her face, “D-demo…” (B-but…)

Boku no koto wo shinjite kudasai.” (Trust me, please.)

H-Hai..demo!  (Okay…but!)I would like to go now. Can we?”

Nodding and smiling slightly, Ryosuke went to the kitchen, grab something and pass it to Haruhi.

“I found some fruits in the fridge, so I cut it for you. Might as well take it so you will have something to snack on during the ride. I’ll start the engine.”

“Oh, thanks. I’ll lock the doors and windows then.”

---kira_akira---

On the way to university, Haruhi was currently snacking on the fruits Ryosuke cut for her earlier.

Ne, is there any place I can wait for you?”

Haruhi look up to him, “Hnn? I don’t think there’s…ah! Why don’t you stay at the infirmary?”

The car slows down as the traffic light change to red.

“Ha?”

“Because no one seems to be going there, I think. And I’m good with the staff there.”

Ryosuke glance at her once before continue to drive when the light change to green.

“Infirmary…is there any other option?”

Haruhi put the container down, and place an index finger on her right cheek, “Hmmm…library?”

“Don’t you think I need an ID to access library?”

“No, the library is open to public. The only time us student need to use the ID is when we’re borrowing books or using any discussion rooms.”

Ryosuke nods, “I see, jya, (then) I’ll be waiting in the library.”

Widening her eyes, she turns to her right, “Seriously? You’re going to wait for me? What’s with you today?”

“What? Anything wrong with me spending time with my girlfriend?”

Haruhi continue to stare at him for a while, and then she gave up, “Iya, bestuni…” (No, it’s nothing.)

Ryosuke look at the container, to Haruhi and then back on the wheel.

“Finish the fruits; we’re getting close to the university.”

---kira_akira---

Having the car on stop, Ryosuke pull the hand break before turning off the engine. He then face Haruhi and smile, “Sore jya, (well then) I’ll be waiting for you in the library.”

She nods, “Un, be careful on your way there…I still think you should wait at your house or my apartment.”

“It’s okay. I’ll be fine. Waiting at either my place or your place would just waste my time on the road. I might as well find something to read; light novel or anything. It’s been a while since I’ve read a book.”

“Okay, then. I’ll be going…Wish me luck!”

Just when she was about to step out of the car, Ryosuke pull him back.

Nani?” (What?)

He didn’t say anything, he just lean forward to kiss her forehead, and then her lips.

“Good luck, ganbatte.” (Do your best.)

Haruhi’s face went scarlet, making Ryosuke to chuckle and let go of her hand.

She nods, palming her forehead as she manages to stutter out “I-ittekimasu…” (I’m going)

Itte irashai…” (Have a safe trip)

It’s been a while since they’ve met, and it’s been a very long time since he gets to kiss her.

And the door to the front passenger was closed hastily.

The only person in the car sighs for the nth time before pulling out his car keys. He reaches for his duffle bag and takes out a hat and his reading glasses hoping that no one would recognize him.

“Library we go.”

---kira_akira---

Students rush out of the hall, some were smiling, and there are also students that closed to tears.

Among the student that floods out the hall, could be seen that Haruhi seems to drag her feet out and sulking behind her classmates.

Iiyo, Haruhi!  (Enough, Haruhi!) You’ve try your best. It’s sufficient enough.” Said Ami.

Demo, (But!) I think I got the last question wrong! It should be-”

Then one of her friend interrupt, more like whining, “Nooooo~!!! I don’t want to hear anything related to this paper anymore! What's done is done! Let’s get out of here and celebrate or something!”

They all agree with Ritsu, “Sou, sou! (Right, right!) Karaoke sounds good!”

Haruhi smiles a bit, “Gomen ne, kyou wa dame desu.” (I’m sorry, not today.)

“Ehhh? Why?”

Ritsu then grins, “You have a date?”

And bulls eye, bonus with the blushing effect on Haruhi’s face.

“Demo ne, (But really) we never saw your boyfriend, Haruhi.”

Ami scrunch her face, “More like she didn’t bother to introduce him to us.”

“M-maa (Well) He’s a busy man so…y-yeah…”

Ritsu stare at her, “Somehow, I feel like she’s dating someone big, someone that give impact if she get caught. Ne, Haru?”

“W-what are you talking about? A-ah hora! (Look!) Your boyfriends are here!”

The other two look at where Haruhi pointed and nods, “Ah, hontou da!  (You’re right!) Yuki! Shohei! Kocchi, kocchi!” (Here, here!)

“Ritsu! You don’t have to yell! It’s embarrassing!”

The latter only grins to Ami and Haruhi.

When the two guys reach to them, Shohei was the first to greet, “Hello ladies. How’s exam?”

“Nononononono~!! Don’t want to talk about it anymore now let’s go out and have fun!”

“I guess you have it hard, huh? Okay, so where are we going?”

Ami and Ritsu grins, “First karaoke, then yakiniku!(grill meat)

Yuki and Shohei can only laugh at their sync. “Haruhi, you’re not following?”

“Ah, no…I have other plan.”

“A date plan~”

J-jigau!” (No, it’s not!)

“Aw, Haruhi. When will you introduce us to your boyfriend?” whine Ritsu.

Haruhi look down on her feet and keep quiet.

“Maa, let’s not force her okay? She’ll come clean to us soon, right, Haruhi?” tried Yuki.

She only nods. “Sou, anyway, I better get going. Have fun, guys!”

“Un, you too!”

---kira_akira---

Yabai! (Oh, no!) I take too much time chatting with them!” She ran across the main building and reach to the library as fast as her feet could take.

She bows a bit to the librarian as she gets passed the entrance. Haruhi doesn’t have to do much in spotting Ryosuke. She just needs to go to the corner of the library and spot a strange looking guy and-found him!

There he was, as if knowing someone was looking for him, he looks up and saw her.

Haruhi walk faster and pulls the chair in front of him, “Sorry. My friends held me up with something. Found a book you like?”

Ryosuke nods, “Yup! I didn’t know your library got books about yokai.(Monster)

She glance down on the book he was reading, he seems interested with the book.

“Would you like to check out the book? I’ll use my ID for the book.”

Ryosuke perks up, “Iino?” (Is it okay with you?)

The girl smiles, “Iiyo. (It’s okay.)  Come on, let’s get out of here. I’m getting tired of whispering.”

Both of them stood up with Haruhi reaching for the book. As soon as they reach counter, Haruhi asked for the book to be check out.

---kira_akira---

After going out of the library, Ryosuke told her that he would like to ask her out for a date in which she immediately agrees for it.

“You look happy.”

Ryosuke glance at her for a second, smiling slightly before continue driving.

“Of course I’m happy. It’s been almost what, a month since I last met you. Even if we both free, we can’t simply go out, deshou.(Right)

Haruhi nods, her mind suddenly travel back to what her friends said earlier.

‘I wonder if one day I can introduce him to them,’ she turns to her right,

“Hm?”

The girl just smile, shaking her head and turn back to the front, ‘Ma, I don’t want to cause any trouble to him. Johnny-san is kind enough to let them all date but not to disclose it to public. We even get the pass to the backstage of their concert and to enter the Jimusho.’ (company)

“…Haruhi?”

Snapping out of her trance, she look at him, “H-hai?” (Y-yes?)

Worried shown all over Ryosuke’s face, “I’ve been talking to you for a while, are you okay? Do you feel tired?”

Haruhi blush for being caught of day-dreaming, “Iiya, (no) I was just thinking about something. What were you asking about?”

“I was asking where you would like to go.”

“Uhm…nowhere in particular. Wait, you’re the one that ask me out today, don’t tell me you don’t have plan?”

Ryosuke shrug, “It was on impulse I guess…But I do miss you and I really want us to have a date now. It’s been a while since everything.”

Haruhi glance outside to see the weather, the weather look nice. She then turns back to Ryosuke, “Anything on your mind?”

“I was thinking park but no, the risk to get caught is high, so, beach?”

Haruhi nods, “Seems like a good idea. But can we drop by any café or drive through on a fast food chain? After sitting for that dreaded exam, I’m feeling hungry.”

“Okay, let’s do that.”

---kira_akira---

Ryosuke was still holding her hand to get a place to sit away from crowded.

“Uhm, Ryosuke. I think we’re far enough. This area is secluded enough for us to sit.”

The guy looks around and nods to her. “Okay, this is just perfect.”

Haruhi stood right next to him, waiting for Ryosuke to lay the picnic mat they found in the car. Then the both of them sat down, with Haruhi unpacking the food they bought along with some fruits.

Ittadakimasu!” (I’ll have a good meal)

Looking at the food, it kind of look like picnic for more than two people.

They went to McDonalds and bought burger set for them, then they stop by convenience store to buy mineral water and fruit slice. While paying, Haruhi found a hand placing 2 cups of pudding and pay for that as well.

Both of them were enjoying their meal that was until Ryosuke decided to speak first, “Ne, it must be hard right? Being my girlfriend and all?”

Haruhi look at him for a while, “Not really. It’s kind of expected to be honest.”

Ryosuke smiles at her, “Don’t you feel upset? I know that I would since I can’t simply tell the world that you’re mine. I know it’s kind of cliché, but…whenever I see couple walking hand in hand, I would wonder when would I be able to do that with you…without people judging about us and all…”

Crumpling the burger wrapper, she reaches for his hand and pulls the wrapper out of his hand to put it aside. As if knowing what Haruhi would to next, Ryosuke unclench his fist and received tissues from her to clean his hand.

It’s true that they haven’t meets for a long time and that they’re forbid to show affectionate in public. But when they meet, everything comes naturally.

“Well, as a girl, it’s like…yes; I do sometimes feel that I would like to introduce you to my friend. But, I know the risk the moment I agree to be your girlfriend. I’m aware of it and willing to take the risk too, you know.”

Ryosuke just stare at her, occasionally his hand reach for her hair to swipe away the strands that hanging loose on her forehead.

“To be honest, I was afraid at first. I was worried on how would I do being your girlfriend; did I meet your expectation or some sort of that. I even worried about what your band mates would say about me, and worst what if the world finds out. And how do I control my feeling when people in my class talk bad about you…there’s a lot of thing going through my head. But then,”

Haruhi paused and reach for his left hand, giving it a small squeeze, “….but then, what would be a relationship without pain and hardship, deshou?(Right?)

“Haruhi…”

She let out a series of chuckle, “I’m not done yet. True, there would be times where I feel upset over us not being disclosed to public. If it means your safety, I would rather us not being disclosed for the rest of our live. I think it’s actually unfair to only think about my feeling, you know? I know it’s hard for you too, right? Being an idol I mean. In which you need to divide time for your family and friends…and then there’s me too. For sure, you would sometime wish for you to be a normal people where nobody cares what you’re doing, with no one judging you and such? So I think it’s fair enough for the both of us to sacrifice things in order to keep this relationship go on.”

Ryosuke gave her his sweetest smile, “Un.”

He scooted away from her and lay his head on her laps, “Anou ne?” (Want to know something?)

“Nani?”  (What?)

Ryosuke chuckle when her hand brushes his neck, “I’ve never intend to let you go. Like you said, if we’re to disclose our relationship, then let it be. Even if I have to marry you in secret.”

The girl chuckle, hand never stops caressing his head, “Nani? (What?) Are you proposing me now?”

“You can say that. I don’t think there’s any problem for my family to accept you, I mean Chi-nee-chan seems to talk to you a lot, asking advice about her boyfriend now and then. Misa-chan love you too, she would always ask me to take her with you whenever we go out for a date, you know. Tou-chan to ka-chan (father and mother), they’re way beyond loving you.”

 Hearing those thing coming out from his mouth successfully making her blush, “R-ryosuke!”

“What? I’m telling you the truth! I would seriously propose you right now if I have the ring ready!”

Haruhi look down, staring into his brown orbs, “Hontou?” (Really?)

Mouchiron!” (Of course!)

Ryosuke let out a hand and pull her close to kiss her.

“Wait for me, okay?”

Haruhi nods, “Mouchiron.” (Of course!)

---kira_akira---

Ryosuke walks with her until they reach the front door. They both stop and look at each other’s tangle hand.

Squeezing lightly, Haruhi smiles to him, “Thank you for today, I did have fun.”

The guy in front of him nods, “Thanks to you too. I’m sorry that we didn’t have as many dates as any couple would have.”

Iiyo, (It’s okay) I understand. You have work tomorrow?”

He nods, “Practice until noon. I’ll be leaving tomorrow’s night for Italy.”

“Eeh? Italy? Shooting?”

Hai, meanwhile, take care of yourself okay?”

Haruhi pouts, “Hey, look who’s talking! You’re the one who needs to take care of yourself, you know.”

Last time they met, he look skinnier and he insisted that he need to lose weight for the drama he’ll be starring in which he’d play as a high school boy with brain tumour.

Hai, hai. Wakatta yo. (Yes, yes. I got it already,) I’ll text you later, okay?”

“Okay. But you don’t have to if you’re feeling tired, ne?”

Ryosuke grins, “Yes ma’am!”

“Yamete yo. (stop it). You better get going, it’s getting late now.”

With that, she puts her hands on his shoulder, turn him around and push him to walk toward the car.

“Mou, chasing me away already? I though you miss me!”

“I’m not! I just don’t want you getting scold from your mother. Also, you need rest. Off you go, mister!”

Ryosuke laugh, “Wakatta, (I know,) I’m going, I’m going!”

As soon as they reach the car, he turn around and hug her, “I’m gonna miss you, iiya! (Nope!) I already miss you.”

Nani yo, (what’s this) come on, don’t act like a spoil brat.”

He pulls away, smile softly and kiss her forehead before kissing her on lips.

Mou, you always like this!” Haruhi whine, hands reaching for the car’s door and open the driver side.

Ryosuke grins, he enter the car, start the engine and put on seat belt, “Tee-hee! Jya, (well) I’ll be going!”

She closed the door for him, as he opens the window to his door, “Text me as soon as you reach home!”

“Will do, jya ne!” (I’ll go!)

With that, the car slowly moves out of the parking lot and drove away.

---kira_akira---

OMAKE (Bonus)

Haruhi had just taken her shower when she heard the beeping sound from her phone.

“Oh, Ryosuke.”

She knows this will take a long time so she went to her bed and lay down.

Picture1">" />

Not long after that, she fell asleep with a smile on her face.

p/s: I'm currently learning and as you can see up there, practicing Japanese Language...pardon for any mistake...feel free to comments because comments are love! :D Have a nice day!