The Break Up

I Don't Want To Break Up

Hyemi’s POV

I have to wait for Kikwang oppa again this day. *Why he is not arriving yet? I know that he is busy but…. Maybe he has forgotten our date for today.* I looked at my watch several times and waited for him.

After 15 minutes waiting, he finally came. “I’m sorry girl. I have some work with the Beast. Forgive me dear.” He pleaded and used his aegyo. “Okay. I forgive you. Don’t use your aegyo to me. You know that it is not worth at all.” I said. “But all the girls are drooling over me if I make an aegyo.” He pouted. I giggled. “Lee Kikwang, I am not like your fans. I have my own reasons why have I fallen for you.” I said. He nodded and smiled. “That’s why I love you Yong Hyemi!” he shouted.

We went for a date. Even though oppa arrived a bit late but I don’t care. As long as he here with me, it’s okay. “So where are we going next?” I asked him. He thought for a while. “I know. Let’s go!” he said. “Go where?” I asked and he quickly grabbed my hands. We went for a ride until we arrived at Han Kang River.

“Why we here oppa?” He smiled and said “Why? I can’t go here with my love one?” he said. I giggled. “Aniya, just wondering” “When I was little, my mom always brought me here. She said that my father always brought her here and confessed love to her” he said and remembered those days. “So I want to make same thing like them with you. Yong Hyemi, I love you and always love you. Do you want be with me forever?” he asked me. I quickly nodded. We shared a passionate kiss and the river is our witness.

A FEW MONTHS LATER

I waited for him again. Let just say that this is one of my daily routine. Kikwang oppa seemed to be away from me. I don’t know. He seemed distracted few days recently. I always asked him but he always changed topic. I waited for him until I decided to call him.

You: Yoboseyo oppa.

Kikwang: Neh. What do you want?

You: We have a date today. Remember?

Kikwang: Oh. Mianhae Hyemi-ah. I—I have some work today. See you at school tomorrow. Bye.

He hung up the phone. He never hung up the phone before the goodbye and love things. What’s wrong with him lately. I shrugged. *It’s okay Hyemi-ah, you will see him tomorrow at school.* I thought and went home.

The next morning, I tried to find Kikwang oppa at school. But he was missing in action. I already asked the Beast oppas but they don’t see him either. I tried to find him in the classroom but still no sign of him. I tried to find him in teacher’s room and no sign of him at all. I gave up.

*Wait. There’s only one place left. At the rooftop! He always be there when he had problems* I rushed towards the rooftop. Unluckily, there is no one. I sighed and almost to give up until I heard someone . *Omo. Should I go check it up.* my face was blushing madly and I went towards that voice confidently.

I saw two people were making out. I blushed like crazy over there. I tried to go away until the girl’s voice moaned. “Kikwang oppa. I love you” I felt so shocked and like the world stopped. I heard the boy’s voice too. “I love you too”. I knew that voice. I turned around at the couple and it was Kikwang oppa for sure.

“K-Kikwang o-oppa” I stuttered. The two of them looked towards me. My heart broken into pieces. “Hyemi-ah, I can explain” he started to say but I quickly interrupted him. “Thanks a lot Kikwang oppa. Thanks for making my life miserable. Now I know why you seemed distracted lately. Am I not good enough for you oppa? Am I wrong for not giving you what you want?” he wanted to say something but I stopped him. “It’s okay oppa. Be with this girl okay if it will make you happy. We break up! OFFICIALLY!” I screamed. I ran from the rooftop as my tears roll down to my cheeks.

I looked at my back. I don’t see Kikwang oppa at all. I excused myself from school that day. I kept crying that day. *How could Kikwang oppa done this to me.*

That night I still remembered that incident and my tears kept flowing out. All of the sudden someone knocked at door. “Hyemi-ah. It is not what you are thinking. Please be with me. I am sorry. I know it is my fault. I should not make you hurt. Forgive me Hyemi. I could not live without you.” He pleaded.

I remained silent. He kept knocking on the door until I heard someone sang a song.

 

It feels like you are right in front of me

It’s like I can touch you when I reach my hands out

 

 

The after effects of a farewell that I thought was going to be for a short while

But even drinking a glass of water is too much for me, I’m still in the break up stage

After you left, my heart is like an empty space

No matter how many times I call there is no answer

The method to forgetting her you ask? There is no answer

 

 

Each night without you, I’m filled with tears

Don’t even dare tell me to live better without you

There is only yearning, I think I’m in so much pain I might die

Each day I just wait for you

 

 

Nobody, you are the only person who will know my heart

Somebody help me , I am crying without you

We keep crossing paths, I’m getting even more scared

B-B-B-B-Break up now

 

 

I don't wanna break up, don't wanna break up, I don' wanna break up

Do you know my painful heart?

I don't wanna break up, don't wanna break up, I don' wanna break up

B-B-B-B-Break up

 

Song :Brave Brothers, Electroboyz & Kikwang (Beast)

I  completely silent. “Hyemi-ah. Please. I really need you.” He said. I went outside the house and he was knelt down on his knees. “Please Hyemi-ah” he pleaded. “I am sorry Kikwang oppa. But this is it. I know this is the tough decision yet make our heart broken into pieces. I am sorry oppa. I can’t accepted you anymore. I really wished that I will be your girlfriend again oppa but I can’t. my heart would not allowed me to do so. I am sorry oppa. Really sorry. It is the time for us to be apart.” I said and quickly went inside.

*I am sorry Kikwang oppa. Please. It is good for both of us* I cried again that night.

Don’t worry oppa. You are the best boyfriend I ever had before. Thanks for enlighten my life since we became a couple.