1/1

Fairly Accused

"Hyung!"

Yonghyun yelled angrily the second he opened the door to let Inpyo into his apartment. The latter looked at him incredulously, not expecting such a greeting, but before he could say anything in response, the younger boy was yelling once more.

"Nayeon noona told me that she thinks you're cheating on her!"

After closing the front door behind him,  Inpyo began to make his way over to the couch, but briefly froze upon hearing this new piece of information. 

"What?! Wh-why the hell would she think something like that?!"

Actually, he had a pretty good idea as to why she might think that, but he certainly didn't expect to be having this conversation with Yonghyun. Yonghyun and his girlfriend weren't even that close! The younger had been standing in the same spot, eyes following his friend as he waited desperately for some sort of explanation. Nayeon was a good person, and so was Inpyo, at least he thought he was. There's no way his Hyung would cheat on his girlfriend, right? Calming down a bit upon seeing Inpyo's surprised reaction, Yonghyun walked over to stand closer to where Inpyo had finally found a seat on the couch.

"She told me that you keep making weird excuses so you can't go out with her, like babysitting your cousins or taking a cooking class or something."

Inpyo shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He didn't realize his excuses were getting so lame.

"She said she knows you're lying because she looked up the cooking class online and went to it but you weren't there! And I know you're lying because you're already an amazing cook so you wouldn't need to take a cooking class and you wouldn't be babysitting your cousins because your youngest cousin is my age!"

Yonghyun threw his arms in the air in renewed exasperation. Talking about the unbelievable situation was getting him worked up all over again. 

"Okay, so maybe I wasn't actually doing any of the things I told her I was."

Inpyo looked up at his friend who lowered his shoulders in defeat.

"So... you really did lie to her so you could go cheat on her with some other girl?"

Yonghyun spoke sadly. He wasn't even the one who had been cheated on, but he felt so disappointed, betrayed, and disbelieving of the whole situation. He trusted his hyung more than anyone, how could he do something like this? Inpyo stood up and placed a hand on Yonghyun's shoulder. He sighed. 

"I may have lied about where I was, but it wasn't so I could meet with some other girl."

Inpyo couldn't lie to Yonghyun. Nayeon, sure, but not Yonghyun. Yonghyun looked up at him, a sliver of hope shining in his eyes. Maybe his hyung wasn't a cheater after all.

"Then... what were you doing?"

Yonghyun asked quietly, utterly confused as to what Inpyo could be doing that was so bad that he had to lie to his girlfriend.

"All of those times... I was hanging out with you."

Inpyo's hand slid off the other boy's shoulder as Yonghyun thought for a moment. Nayeon had told him all the times last week that Inpyo had blown her off. Friday night, he and Inpyo went out for dinner and then had a bonfire at his mom's house since she was out of town. Wednesday night, they went and saw a movie. And Tuesday, they basically just spent the entire day going around town finding various ways to kill time together. He hadn't even thought about it before, but Inpyo was right, all of the times Nayeon had thought Inpyo was out cheating on her, he was really just with him. The realization only made Yonghyun more confused. 

"Why would you lie to her about hanging out with me?"

He looked up at the older boy skeptically. Inpyo avoided eye contact, merely looking slightly down and to the left. 

"I didn't want her to think it was weird that I was spending so much time with you."

It wasn't a lie. Wouldn't Nayeon think it was strange that he was spending so much time with someone else? Didn't you only spend that much time together if you were dating? Inpyo thought he was spending too much time with the other boy, but honestly, he didn't want to stop.

"How is that weird?! We're best friends, of course we hang out a lot! And I'm single so I need someone to spend a lot of time with!"

Yonghyun couldn't believe his friend's ridiculousness. It simply didn't make sense that he would lie just for that reason. He kept his gaze focused on Inpyo, obviously waiting for a better answer.

"Well, maybe, I kind of wish I really was cheating on her with you."

Inpyo spoke hesitantly, too nervous to look at the younger boy standing in front of him. Did he just confess? He was practically sweating just thinking of how the other would react.

"So you want to cheat on Nayeon?! But she's such a nice girl! If you don't like her anymore just break up with her, you don't have to cheat on her or pretend to or whatever."

Yonghyun reprimanded his friend. He was trying very hard to understand the logic behind the older boy's actions, but he just couldn't. He didn't get it, usually Inpyo was so smart! Inpyo finally gained the courage to look at his friend due to the younger's unbelievable obliviousness.

"No, it's not that, I really do like her, but at this point the only reason I'm still dating her is because I can't have the person I really want."

He motioned to Yonghyun who blindly ignored his alluding hand in favor of yelling out more incorrect assumptions. 

"So there's another girl you like?! Do I know her? Have you been meeting her without Nayeon knowing?"

Inpyo stared incredulously as Yonghyun rambled on nonsensically. How could he possibly get his confession through the younger boy's thick skull?! No longer feeling nervous thanks to his friend's familiar naivety, Inpyo suddenly slipped his hand behind the boy's neck in order to pull him closer into a short yet longing kiss. As their lips parted, Yonghyun stumbled forward a bit, his hands going up to Inpyo's chest to steady himself. 

"So... you're cheating on her... with me?"

He asked quietly, his face becoming slightly redder as he stared up at the older with wide eyes.

"Yes."

Inpyo said tersely. If that's what would make Yonghyun finally understand his feelings for him, then yes. Yonghyun slid one hand down to hold the other boy's hand, leaving the other to remain resting on his chest. He gazed into the other boy's eyes and smiled, hoping he understood his silent response.

For now, Yonghyun would stay like this. Later, he would scold Inpyo for cheating on Nayeon with his new boyfriend.