Fall In Love

Kiss Kiss

  He freezes, lips just inches away from Youjin's and he can't do it. 

  Shaking his head he buries his face into the older's chest. The tips of Heejun's ears are burning red and his cheeks are flushed.

  It shouldn't be this hard. 

  They've been dating for a few months already. Everything was going well and steady, only a couple bumps in the road (especially during the Field Trip of Doom that Heejun refuses to remember). So why, for the love of God, could he not bring himself to kiss Kim Youjin?

  "Sorry." he mumbled. The older's chest rumbles quietly as he laughs, running his fingers through Heejun's hair once.

  "It's okay." 

  Heejun wants to say it's really not. That he should be able to do this by now, but there's no use arguing. Especially when he feels much more content just being held in Youjin's arms. He's glad the older started opening up after realizing how much affection Heejun actually needed. Youjin had even started initiating skinship without him asking, leading to a very happy boy indeed, even if the touches were few and far between. 

  "Next time, I promise."

  "You say that every time." 

  "I promise." Heejun enunciates, looking up from Youjin's chest with an angry pout. The chuckle he receives in return only has him beating lightly on the other and pulling away to cross his arms. Before he can say anything more Youjin is nodding with a smile. The same smile that has Heejun going weak in the knees. 

  "Curse you, Kim Youjin."

  "Yeah, yeah."

  Youjin waves a hand and turns, heading off towards his room before Heejun follows a few moments later. 

♡♡♡

  Moonlight filters in through the open window, sheer curtains billowing quietly in the nighttime air. It's a very rare night that Youjin actually lets Heejun sleep in the same bed as him. 

  Heejun woke up in the middle of the night, not able to go back to sleep. Instead, he found himself staring at his boyfriend - specifically his face. How the light fanned over his skin, the dip in the corner of his mouth. Youjin looked especially peaceful as he slept. His long legs stretched towards the end of the bed and he pillowed his face into his arms. 

  Next thing he knew, Heejun was leaning over the other's still figure. 

  He his lips, wondering if he could do it. Youjin was asleep so he thought maybe that would take away from his nervousness. However, as Heejun got closer and closed his eyes he felt the panic settle in. 

  Reeling back immediately he about fell off the bed. 

  Fingers wrapping tightly around the top of the headboard Heejun managed to stay on the mattress. He scrambled to slide forward, away from the edge that led to a not-so-pleasant drop to the floor. 

  Heejun breathed out a relieved sigh before checking to see if Youjin was still asleep. 

  The other merely turned to face away, eyes still closed as he tried to get comfortable in his unconscious state. 

  Glad that he hadn't noticed Heejun dove back under the covers and hid his embarrassment beneath the blankets. Turning away from Youjin he didn't see the ghost of a smile tugging at the older's lips. 

♡♡♡

  "I'm going to kiss you now."

  Heejun is so sure that he can do it. Right here, right now. 

  "No, you're not."

  Crowds of people walk past them in the shopping center. Youjin's expression is deadpan as he holds onto the younger's bags. 

  Scowling, Heejun crosses his arms. So what if Youjin doesn't believe him! It's not the first time Youjin's said something like that. Who cares if he was right every time? He's going to do it! He can do it, he just, he has to...

  Heejun tries leaning forward and up. Tries to find a place where he can put his lips over Youjin's in a manner that isn't embarrassing. 

  A blush deeper than Marianas Trench settles over his cheeks and he hangs his head in defeat. 

  He can't do it today. 

♡♡♡

  They're playing in the rain and Heejun can't think of a more perfect time and place to kiss Youjin. 

  He calls his name, the older turning around with a grin on his face. Youjin is absolutely drenched. His hair clings to his forehead as beads of rain drop over his shoulders. Ethereal, if Heejun could find the words and pull them out of his throat. 

  Without warning Youjin is jogging over to him and asking if he's okay. 

  "Are you cold?"

  Heejun wants to say no, that he's frozen because of how beautiful Youjin is. The rain is warm after baking in the sky for an entire summer day so it wouldn't make sense that he's cold. Opening his mouth Heejun still can't get the words to form. Instead, he lies and nods his head to say he's cold. This results in Youjin putting an arm around his shoulders with a soft smile as he leads them back into the apartment complex. 

  "You could've told me."

  "You looked happy."

  Rolling his eyes playfully Youjin presses their floor button while keeping the younger close. 

  "Just because I like the rain doesn't mean you have to freeze your off with me." he scolds, though there's no heat behind the words. The minor curse has Heejun snorting before he bursts into laughter. Youjin just shoves his shoulder as they get off the lift. "Shut up."

  And if anyone saw them racing down the hallway then that was their problem. 

♡♡♡

  Heejun is trying his best not to glare daggers at the waitress. She had the audacity to flirt with Youjin - lovable but oh so socially dense Youjin - as if he wasn't already in a relationship. They were on a date for God's sake! 

  Crossing his arms and putting on his signature angry pout he waits for Youjin to notice. 

  Except, he doesn't, because the older is checking the messages he got from his younger brother before the waitress comes back and he puts his phone down out of politeness. 

  "You know," she starts as she places their drinks on the greasy checked table cover. "I have a little brother who does the exact same thing." Heejun gaped as she pointed to him without even looking. Instead, she was leaning a little too far over the table, staring directly at Youjin with no subtlety at all. "Why don't you ditch the kid and come with me?" Immediately, Heejun starts to get up out of his seat to - kindly, kindly - ask her to leave.

  He even contemplates shoving her aside and crashing his lips into the other's. Heejun thinks he could do it, if she made him angry enough. Just a bit more prodding and he'd be the front of Youjin's shirt and making out with him in the middle of a diner. 

  "My shift ends at-"

  "No."

  She blinks. Heejun blinks. 

  Youjin smiles.

  "Sorry, but I'm on a date with my boyfriend right now." he said, gesturing to Heejun with an innocent smile as the younger slinks back into his seat. "Do you mind?"

  The girl seems embarrassed, pulling back and fixing her uniform before bowing sheepishly and scurrying back to the kitchen. If Heejun wasn't so shocked he thinks he'd reach across the table and kiss Youjin, but this time because he'd managed to shoo her away. 

  "What?" Youjin laughs quietly while pocketing his phone. 

  Heejun didn't realize he'd been staring. He closes his mouth and settles all the way back into his seat, sinking lower until his eyes become level with the table and his legs are tangled with Youjin's.

♡♡♡

  Though Heejun should be embarrassed that his mother is picking him up from school he knows he doesn't care right now. He needs her help for what he plans on doing today. 

  "Did you get what I asked for?" Is the first question he asks the moment he opens the car door. He's met with the sound of her chuckling as he slams the door shut, in return receiving a light slap to the arm. 

  "Don't slam the door." she says, pulling out of the parking lot. "And yes, I got your stuff. What exactly do you plan on doing for him?"

  "It's a secret."

  She just smiles thoughtfully and nods. 

  "Well, whatever you do, I'm sure he'll love it."

  "I hope so."

  And he rolls the window down, grinning as cold air rushes in and quickly rolling it up when his mother starts yelling. 

  The rest of the day goes by without so much as a peep out of Heejun as he's too busy working on Youjin's gift to make noise. He's been working hard, even managing to somehow skip lunch by accident just so he could get one piece glued exactly in place. 

  Once he's finally done he's charging into the bathroom to get ready before heading to the older's place. He wants to surprise him. 

  Finally, after hours of preparation and a quick shower to water down his anxieties Heejun is standing in front of the door to Youjin's apartment. Sending a text earlier to let him know he'd be coming over he hoped Youjin was there. 

  Knocking on the door he waited, a bit anxious with the other's present in his arm. 

  Youjin opened the door after a few moments and Heejun...he couldn't help himself. After all his hard work, the present under his arm and the fact that it was Youjin's birthday - the fact that he'd failed to kiss him so many times, he finally did it. 

  It was like slow motion. He stepped forward and put his free hand on Youjin's shoulder before gently placing his lips on top of the others.

  Youjin froze at the unexpected contact before the surprise wore off. He slowly wrapped his arms around Heejun's waist and pulled him closer, allowing the younger to guide the kiss however he wanted. It didn't move very far, Heejun really not knowing what to do with his mouth and pulling away after a few more seconds. While it wasn't big or extravagant he was very proud of himself. He finally did it! Youjin seemed quite happy as well, considering he hadn't let go of him yet and grinned uncontrollably. 

  "Happy birthday." 

♡♡♡

  Slapping Youjin on the arm as he keeps laughing Heejun can't help but crack a smile even as he's making fun of him. 

  "I can't believe you made this. Yah, were you really that jealous at the diner?"

  "Yes! She was flirting with my man."

  Heejun possessively wrapped his arms around the other's shoulders, to which Youjin shoved him off and placed the book on the table. He turns to face Heejun who's now blushing again, wrapping his arms around his legs and staring at the tops of his knees. 

  "Can you kiss me again?" 

  Shaking his head Heejun buries his face into his arms. 

  "Come on. It's my birthday."

  When he lifts his head Youjin is closer than before, sporting a pouty look he most definitely stole from the younger. He pulls it off too well. Heejun can't resist, jumping forward and pecking him on the lips before burrowing under the small pillows that litter the couch. 

  The laugh he receives from Youjin is music to his ears. 

///

Kiss Kiss OST
Accidentally In Love - Counting Crows
Amen - Monsta X
Hello - Boys Republic
Inferiority Complex - Park Kyung feat. Eunha
You & Me - Kisum feat. Jooyoung
Stupid In Love - Oh My Girl
Kiss It Away - Lee Minwoo (M)
Kiss Me - Sixpense None the Richer

[ link ]