Gold Eyes

Pure Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gold Eyes

 

“Take a deep breath, I’m going to count to three and when I say three you push as hard as you can” The nurse instructed, standing opposite to the woman with her hands out ready to grasp her newborn. The woman that lay exhausted on the bed was covered in sweat and drained of every bit of energy she had. What made everything worse was that she knew there was only a tiny percent chance the baby could be a half-wolf because of her genes. However, the majority of that percentage was that she was giving birth to a Pure Wolf. Once she gives birth news will spread quicker than a wildfire and when it reaches to the leader of the pack, he will slaughter both them.

“Miss!” The nurse shouted interrupting her thoughts, “If you don’t follow what I say your newborn is going to die” The mother-to-be tightly squeezed her eyes shut gritting her teeth ready to push her child out. “One…Two…Three!” On three the woman clenched her teeth together and pushed with all the strength she had left. “Well done” The nurse said quickly, grabbing the baby and wrapping it up in a few blue blankets. “It’s a wolf boy” she laid the baby on the exhausted woman's chest, but the baby wasn’t moving nor was it crying. What bothered her the most was to check the colour of the baby's eyes. Looking at the colour of the eyes tells them what type of wolf it is. Dark brown; a half wolf and Gold; a Pure wolf.

“What’s wrong with him?” The mother asked, her whole expression full of confusion, her baby wasn't moving and had yet to make a sound to show a sign of life. The nurse came back to her side and tried to gently take the baby away to check up on it. She resisted the nurses grip and let the baby go, she prayed it wasn't a pure wolf but genetics don't lie there was no doubt about it, he was most definetly a pure wolf. 

The nurse in her blue gown took the baby from her arms and placed it on a wooden desk. Almost instantly the nurse knew something wasn't right, there was no chest movements no sign of breath. She rapidly searched for a pulse and when she did it was nothing she'd ever heard before. The heart was beating tremendously faster than a wolves heart should. The nurse undressed the blankets off the baby and felt the body temperature with the back of her bare hand. She didn't even need that skin to skin contact because the heat was radiating off the baby's body, it was like placing your palms in front of a fireplace.

All of a sudden, the nurses become unsteady on their legs as they slowly retreated from the baby. The new borns eyes began to flicker and arms and legs started to thrash all over the place, the baby was brought to life. However, once those two eyes fully opened both nurses froze on the spot, not even a flinch came from either of them. Shimmering gold eyes like the sun and dessert mixed in one, blinked back at them. Their faces went white as paper because they knew this baby wasn't normal it was a Pure Wolf. A species no one had witnessed since the 18C.

18C

Going back to that day, there was a Pure Wolf who had hidden his identity since he was born. In the 18C no one knew there were different types of wolves therefore, there was no need to check what type of wolf it was when it was born. The boy was called Il-sung he was 12 years old. The others thought he was normal, but he knew he wasn’t like his other friends. For example, when his friends will go hunting for animal meat and come home to eat they feel satisfied and full when they finish. With Il-sung it’s different he detested the taste of animal meat it was the same as eating grass. As Il-sung got older his hunger for something other than animal meat was increasing to a point where he snuck out of his pack to find real food.

What really made his mouth water was the sight of human meat. He grew up learning about humans in wolf school, he learnt that wolves were to never touch a human and to never, ever be tempted to eat them. He didn’t understand any of the rules, he wasn’t like his friends he really was an outcast in his eyes. That night he went out to hunt for real meat ‘Human Meat’ when he had his eyes on someone he crouched down camouflaging in the trees. Once his prey was in position he pounced on top of the man who was bigger than 12-year-old Il-sung, but not stronger than him. That’s when it started that’s when everything changed, he changed. 

He was transforming for the first time, at the age of 12, it was very abnormal he was too young to be transforming now. The surface area on his palms grew as his hands turned into paws and outcome five razor sharp claws. Fur built up on his back and shot out from all angles of his body. His voice changed from words to low, husky, growls that would escape through his newly formed wolf teeth that could pierce through anything.

The man on the floor witnessed the whole transformation happen as the wolf breathed heavily on top of him. All he could do was scream for his life that’s what he did and once he opened his mouth to shriek the wolves from Il-sung's pack woken up immediately to see what was happening. The leader of the pack went to check what was happening while the mothers protected their children who could not transform until the age of 18 leaving them very vulnerable. When the leader came upon the changed Il-sung it took him a while to recognise who it was as the wolf had pale, white, crystal-like fur. That’s where the name Pure Wolf came from. The fur is a disguise to what they really are, it’s white, pure fur makes people think it’s cute and loveable, but that’s just what they want you to think.

The leader reported it back to the pack alerting every wolf to run, run as far away from here as possible. It was too late. Il-sung came back to the camp not in human form still in his wolf form, many children were surprised, but not scared because they knew they were going to be the same when they grew up. That’s not true. Il-sung was no longer himself this wolf figure took over him all he wants to do is kill and that’s what it did. Il-sung let rip that’s when the children got back to their senses realising they were in a dangerous situation. All the mothers and fathers transformed into wolves and carried their children on their back and quickly fled.

Il-sung wasn’t going to let anyone leave and he didn’t, he killed anyone who was in his way from getting human meat. He saw his pack as a threat and therefore, had to demolish them and leave no sign of anything left behind. Until this day Il-sung is known to be the most well-known, evil wolf in the world of wolves every wolf fears this could happen again, at that time no one knew he was different. Now the Wolf Government put in a new Paw Law; when a woman gives birth the newborn must be checked to see what type of wolf it is. If it’s a Pure Wolf, it should be killed at that moment with no hesitation.

21C 

“It’s a Pure Wolf” The assistant nurse screamed in terror, no one knows what a Pure Wolf can do as a newborn, but that’s not the fear the fear is what becomes of them when they grow up. Both of them ran out the old wooden house that was part of a village called ‘Orilan’ in the midst of the forest far, far away from the City. The weak mother struggled to get off her bed, blood ran down her legs, but what was bothering her the most was what was going to happen to her and her son now. She stared down at her son with sorrow and guilt in her eyes, why did she let this happen she knew that her child was going to be a Pure Wolf but didn’t want to admit it.

She wrapped him back up in the already hot blanket from the heat off his body, she held him to her chest and made her way outside the cabin. By the expressions of fear and disbelief many people had already found out the news and it wasn’t going to be long until the leader of the pack also finds out. No one went near her as they all watched her struggle to flee the area, but unfortunately, she was caught by none other than the leader.

“Don’t come near us!” The mother said holding her newborn son extremely close to her, gazing her sharp eyes at the audience.  The leader of the pack stepped closer and closer as he took one more step he draws out a knife, dripping off the tip was poison. “Killing pure wolves, do you find it fun?” she asked, as another pure wolf she loved was about to be killed. “You killed my husband and now you’re going to kill my son” placing her son on the cold, spongy, wet soil below her feet she got on her knees and pleaded to let her son go free.

“You know for well why we do this; we can’t let another case like the terrifying one back in the 18C happen again. We can’t take that risk. They are vicious and deserve to die in vain.” She dug her nails in the sloppy soil and threw a handful at the leader of the pack. She was weak therefore it only landed at the bottom of his feet.

“Don’t talk scum about a pure wolf. You’ve never let a pure wolf live long enough to know what they’re like. So how dare you call them scum after a rumour from decades ago”. The leader was getting agitated that the devil boy was not slaughtered yet.

“If you don’t let me kill him now, then we’re only left with the last option I’ll kill him when I’m in wolf form, but then nothing will be left of him. Just shreds of skin.”

The horrible, disgusting words that were coming out of his mouth was making the mother imagine things she didn’t want to. “Stop it! Stop it now!” she threw her arms out closing her eyes, the last hope she had just disappeared. “Can we make a deal?” the other villagers gasped as this was a scene you don’t see every day; it was very amusing to them because they didn’t like Pure Wolves either. No one did.

“What deal?” The leader of the pack shouted raising his voice gripping onto the knife covered in poison ready to push the sharp metal into the demon.

She fell to the floor she couldn’t believe what she was going to say, “You can kill him tomorrow, please just let me spend a day with him, I beg you”. Tears streaming down her face made the leader only just slightly give in.

“Fine, tomorrow morning, but for now you will have guards watching your every step”. Not only the mother but the villagers were surprised that he let her spend 24 hours with the baby, the thought of their leader softening up was very worrying to them.

“Thank you” she wasn’t thankful at all, what did she have to thank them for, he was going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter