Chapter 1

Behind the Scenes

"Lee Ji Eun!"  

IU stood up in a heartbeat, feeling surprised at the sudden calling of her real name.  She had been listening to her iPod and hadn't expected someone to be so loud.  She thought headphones were supposed to muffle other sounds, but it hadn't, considering her manager's loud voice.  

She had been relaxing, listening to Corinne Bailey Rae's Like A Star, but of course, relaxing time had to wait.  She had work to do.  

"Your script got here.  Remember, your first script readings in a few days, so be prepared.  You don't wanna seem like an ammature in front of the director."   

Her manager gave her a pretty stern look before giving her the script and a hot chocolate she had asked for previously.  She smiled.  Her manager was a big softie on the inside, even though he would never admit it.  

She yelled out a big thank you while he walked away.

The hot chocolate felt really nice inside her hands.  It was almost October, but it was already getting super chilly.  She was a little worried.  Filming would start in mid-October, and she heard that they would be filming some scenes outside.  She wasn't very good with the cold, and she didn't wanna be a burden on set.  

She pulled out both her earphones from her ears and wrapped them around her iPod.  She then put them in her Le Coq Sportif bag.  After advertising for them, she had been gifted with a few free things.  

She put her hot chocolate down in a chair next to her, and she finally got to flipping through her script a little.  She didn't have many lines in the first episode, but the few lines she had were all in english.  It all looked like gibberish to her.  

She hit her head lightly with her script, a little frustrated with the english.  Because of her busy schedule, she hadn't been able to go to school very much, so she didn't even know the english that other high schoolers knew. 

She brought the script closer to her eyes.  She squinted and then sighed.  What was she doing?  It's not like squinting's gonna help, Lee Ji Eun!  Get a hold of yourself. 

........................................................

"SEULONG!" 

Seulong turned around, only to be hit by pillow in the face.  He already knew who the culprit was.  

"WOOYOUNG!" He called out, throwing the pillow back at the boy.  

"What was that for?" Wooyoung asked, catching the pillow easily.  

"You're the one that threw it first!" 

"That was just to get your attention." 

Seulong just shot him a look.  

"Well, I need your help,"  Wooyoung said, plopping down on the couch, right next to Seulong. 

"What is it now?" Seulong said in a bored voice, fixing his hair from the pillow hit. 

Wooyoung always needed a favor of some kind.  He was a bit of a prone-to-accidents kind of guy.

"You know how I'm kind of shy?"  Wooyoung asked like a little kid.  

Seulong stopped himself from laughing.  YOU? SHY?! HAH.  He rolled his eyes and laughed in his mind, but he just nodded on the outside.  It was better to just go along with Wooyoung.  He was stubborn when you disagreed with him.  

"Well, I found out today that my co-actor person is IU, and I don't know her at all,"  Wooyoung said, sighing.   

He had this way of making himself look like the most pitiful person in the world.  Seulong just rolled his eyes in his mind again.  Wooyoung was a little kid on the inside, and it was kind of funny.  

"Oh, Ji Eun?" 

"Yeah, her.  You're close to her, right?  Because of that song.. what's it called again? .... Nagging!" 

"Wow, thanks for being so interested in my songs," Seulong said sarcastically.  

"I know. I'm such a good friend."  

The sad part was - Seulong didn't know if Wooyoung was being sarcastic back, or if he was being serious.  

"Sure......." Seulong just said.  

"So can you like make it less awkward for us?  Maybe you can introduce me to her before filming!" Wooyoung chattered on.  

Seulong just nodded and took out his phone.  "You know what, maybe I'll just do it now." 

Seulong took out his iPhone and looked through his contact list.  It had been a while since he contacted IU.  After Nagging promotions, it was a bit hard to talk to her because of both their busy schedules.  

To: Ji Eun!
Hey!  Long time no talk (:

........................................................

IU finally found an online translator that also pronounced the words.  Even though the computer voice freaked her out a little, she was going to push through.  She wanted to do a good job. 

She typed in her first line:  It's gonna be a while for you. 

She listened to the computer voice.  It was hard.  

She sighed.  Suddenly, she heard the ding of her phone.  

She smiled.  She needed something to get her mind off this difficult english!  Whoever this was, they were her savior.  

From: Seulong Oppa
Hey!  Long time no talk (: 

Her smile widened.  It had been a while since she had talked to Seulong Oppa - maybe a month. 

To: Seulong Oppa
Oppa! How have you been?

After she clicked send, she typed in her next line: Number 1200 just went in. 

It was even harder than the first one. She tried repeating it, but the computer voice's pronounciation was so different from her own.  She groaned, until she was interrupted by another ding from her phone. 

From: Seulong Oppa
Good. OH, and I heard you got a part in Dream High!  Do you know who your co-actors are yet?

I forgot about that.  I have co-actors... how could I forget that?  IU mentally hit herself and went to check the script.  On the first page, the characters were listed with simple descriptions of how their personalities were and who played them. She sort of skipped through the character discriptions and just quickly looked over who played who.

Go Hye Mi
Played by:
Suzy of Miss A

Song Sam Dong
Played by:
Kim Soo Hyun

Jin Gook
Played by:
Ok Taecyeon of 2PM

Jason
Played by:
Jang Wooyoung of 2PM

Yoon Baek Hee
Played by:
Ham Eunjung of T-ARA

and the list went on and on..

IU just felt a bit uncomfortable.  Most of them were of the JYP family, so they were probably already close.  She had even heard JYP himself would be in the cast.  That would be awkward, considering the fact that it had already been publicized that she had gotten rejected from his company. Then there was Eunjung and Kim Soohyun.  From what she heard, they were friendly and could get close to others easily. 

IU wasn't really like that.  It was hard for her to get close to people.  

Honestly, for her, it had been really hard to make any friends in the entertainment industry that weren't producers or people she did duets with.  She wasn't even in a group, so she didn't really have anyone to lean on.  She was glad that her friends Jiyeon and Luna approached her first to become friends.  She didn't think she had to courage to do so herself. 

To: Seulong Oppa
Yeah, I know who they are.  A lot of them are from JYP, like you! Haha. But I think it might be really hard for be to get close with them.  I don't think I'll be able to get comfortable with them, even at the very end of filming... 

........................................................

Seulong frowned as he got the text message.  He was a little worried for IU.  Suddenly, he felt his phone being grabbed out of his hands.

"What'd she say?" 

Wooyoung looked at the message and frowned.  That wasn't the type of reply he had been hoping for. 

 

-----------------------

Author's Note: Do you like the length of this chapter or should I make my future chapters a little longer?  Please give me feedback in the comments (:!  I wanna make this a better story for anyone who reads this!  Also, I know it's a little dull now, but there will be more development later on, when they meet, film together, etc! Thanks for reading!