The End

All The Words in the World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Jongin gazes at the glow of Paris. His black-rimmed glasses reflect the soft colours of the city. Megumi’s Schubert Piano Sonata No.16 echoes softly in the room. He closes his eyes and savours the moment. His heart beats wildly in his chest. His dark coloured eyes wander to her. She looks right back and smiles. The lights in their apartment are dimmed. A flush colours his cheeks and he turns away. A wind blows in, carrying Megumi’s skilful playing into the air.

  Then, she stops. His breath hitches.

  He could hear the piano close and her footsteps coming closer. He peeks at her through his hair and studies her carefully. She sits next to him and lays her head upon his shoulder.

  “Hey,” she whispers.

  “Hey,” he whispers back. A little smile creeps up his face. His fingers touch hers gingerly.

  “What are you doing, Jongin-sshi?” Megumi peers up at him with a cheery disposition. He chuckles and gives a shrug. The lights flicker and the wind howls. She pushes herself away and looks him straight in the face.

  “What… What are you thinking about?” He looks at her from the corner of his eye.

  “Accomplishing the impossible,” he mumbles while looking away. She gives a cry of awe, “And just what about the impossible were you thinking about?” He grumbles a little and turns away from her.

  “I don’t know…”

  “ Eh!? Why won’t you tell me?” She pouts and pulls at his sleeve.

  “I just don’t want to!” He sulks as he tries to pry her off himself. His hand never lets go off the box it holds. When she finally gives up, she sighs in defeat. Her cheeks were as red as tomatoes.

  “I only wanted to share the burden with you,” she says, “You look so worried…”

  He loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter