final

Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jung Yunho has his gaze fixed on a pair of teenagers walking out of the university grounds, surrounded by a group of equally good-looking boys who seem to be convincing them to do something. Normally, he shouldn’t be bothered by this type of event in the middle of the afternoon, but two guys in that group awfully look like his sons.

 

Shaking his head, Yunho takes a closer look from the window of his gleaming Mercedes Benz. Yep, he sees Yifan and Zitao walking together with their arms linked and Yifan’s lips teasingly pressed against Zitao’s neck.

 

Wait.

 

Zitao’s neck?!

 

Yunho sighs loudly, raising his right hand to slap his cheek lightly. Damn, he must be daydreaming again, or he’s seeing his sons’ clones impersonating them in broad daylight. He’s not supposed to be driving past their university in the first place, but he coincidentally has to pick up a package on the way back to work. And this is what he witnesses.

 

Forcefully looking back at the group of boys, Yunho does see his sons being lovey dovey again. He can’t make himself yell out and embarrass them in front of the other students because that’s just wrong. One way or another, parents shouldn’t be the ones to create a rift between them and their children. Yunho has had enough experience of being shamed in public to know how it feels like, and how it damages a teenager.

 

So he settles on watching them from afar, eyes lingering on their entwined hands as they disappeared around the bend. Later, at home, he and Jaejoong have to talk to the boys. Because if this was going to be a thing, he and Jaejoong should take it seriously.

 

-

-

-

 

While their father is busy freaking out in his car, Yifan and Zitao are enjoying each other’s company. Their group of friends – also known as the popular clique in their program – have been pestering them to visit a new eat all you can restaurant near the mall. It’s not really that far from university, but they are cutting classes. Math class, to be exact.

 

But that’s not a problem anyway. Yifan’s real problem is convincing his younger brother to come out to their parents. It’s been two months since he and Zitao started dating. They’re done with all that denial and avoiding each other in the house because accepting it is easier than convincing themselves that their feelings for each other is untrue.

 

Right now, he and Zitao are taking one step at a time. One date every week, and a bunch of sappy stuff when they’re in school or their parents aren’t looking. To say that everyone supports it is a lie. A couple of their friends have confessed that seeing them together – and kissing – is pretty uncomfortable. Since eight of them are attracted to men, Yifan takes that confession seriously. He thinks that it’s not about being gay, but about the concept of sibling relationships.

 

With that in mind, Yifan decides that he and Zitao should be totally honest to their parents. Although Yunho and Jaejoong aren’t too strict when it comes to discipline, Yifan expects a pretty big outburst when they bare themselves completely. After all, what kind of parent expects his child to date his sibling, right? Even if he and Zitao are stepbrothers, there’s still a fine line that’s supposed to separate them.

 

As they near the restaurant, Yifan takes a short glance at Zitao, observing how his younger brother is smiling widely and laughing at Jongdae’s weird joke. Yifan hopes they’ll always be like this; always free from sadness and enjoying the perks of being a student for as long as they can. But everything has an end, and Yifan expe

Please log in to read the full chapter