Chapter One:Nightmares

Under The Moon

Mari's POV

I suddenly woke up from sleep as I felt something trying to wake me,next second, I realize that I'm not on my usual bed. It's a different one with red and gold patterns printed beautifully,it's old and I can see dust on the velvet blanket. 

Suddenly I feel so cold. 'Where am I?' I wondered, looking at the dark environment. I try to manage my sight and figure out that I was in a room, looked  like it was abandoned years ago. Why am I here? 

Just before I slept, I was doing my homework and texting my brother a good night message, then went to bed, which is in my room, my dorm! That I share with my best friend Hana! But something's strange that I feel like this place belongs to me and I know very well about it.I can find the door knob without difficulty and pull it like I have done that several times. 
I went out of the room, there I see lights coming out from another room and hear someone chatting. I push the door open and go in. They stopped chatting and looked at me. It is the first time I see someone radiating light from his body! 

'You're glowing!' I nearly shouted out, with surprise I cover my mouth with my hand.

'Who are y...' He was going to ask me but interrupted by a taller guy leaning on the wall. 
'She's Ana' His eyes too surprised to see me but calmed at the same time.

'What? What're you talking about? I'm no A...' I was going to explain but again the third person,
'So I made it? Our experiment?' looking at his watch then to the other two.

'No No she's not Ana!' The light-radiating man yelled. I was thankful that he knew but the latter words terrified me. 
'She isn't supposed to be here! She may be in danger! Miss what're you doing here?! You shouldn't be here, run!' He seems so excited and nervous, looks sincerely worried about me.
'She's Ana's...' He tried to explain to the other two,yes, including me, but I was distracted as I felt someone came behind me.
Before I could identified who it was, I fell to the ground. I felt the stinging in my stomach. I was stabbed, blood flowing out madly from my body. Soon I was covered with my own blood. Everything was chaos. My vision became blurred. The three men disappeared and the room was on fire. That calmed black figure, standing there looking at me to my last breath. 
'Can you see it? Tell me! Tell me you see something!' My brother shouted.

My eyes get wide open, meeting the college clinic's ceiling. An awkward situation is that Luhan's both hands each side of my face, only a few centimeters away.
'Luhan ge are your trying to read my mind?' I asked him trying not to be awkward.
'Oh!' He immediately stepped back. Chanyeol rushed beside my bed. 
' Mari ah,What happened?! You're shivering cold and your body felt like ice!I was so worried I thought something happened to you!' Narrowing his eyebrows as he was really concerned.

I'm really tired to speak, exhausted and I don't want my brothers to know about it. That would only make them upset more. Luhan isn't my biological brother like Chanyeol. We've grown up together. Mom said our dad brought them to our house without discussing with her. Them? Yep, 3 more brothers added. There's no clue what's the reason was, but I'm sure my dad wasn't wrong to bring them. For them, they're in the right place called home.

'Well I'm okay now. I want to go back to my room. Let's go' I pulled out the tube from my waist and tried to get up. 
'No you should get rest here for awhile' Chanyeol insisted.
'I'm not tired, I don't need to rest. we all know that even if I sleep here, nothing would've been better! Okay!' I regretted to raise my voice at him. I was exhausted. I know he was just concerned about me. I can understand and I hope to get back the same.

I hear footsteps running in the hallway,rushing to see someone maybe. Those footsteps stopped and the clinic's door was wide open! Thank God! I am the only patient in the room. Otherwise, I don't know what would happen. 

~~~
Yixing stopped at the door and inhaled deeply from running so hard. When he saw Mari was trying to go out
'Mari! Are you okay?! What happened? I ran here as soon as I got the message!' His wide eyes searching her body up and down as if anything physical damage had happened. 

'I'm going back to dorm.' Mari says bluntly and walks passed him, leaving everyone behind. 
Anyway she stopped and looked back at them.
'You guys should go home too. I'm fine now okay? It's just a nightmare. I'm used to it now.' Mari's voice was down. There was no response. 
' come on guys! Go! You're making me inpatient. See you tomorrow' she smiled a little to them sure she was fine though she wasn't. 

As soon as Mari left the room, 

'Yixing', Chanyeol called him. Yixing looked at him and nodded.

Yixing went after Mari and watched her all the way to her room.
He took a distance and hid behind a wall when she turned around. She was about to open the door. 
'I know you're here.' Mari said bluntly. He came out from his hiding place.
'I want to make sure you get back to your room safely.' Yixing explained. Mari doesn't say anything, just look at him, not sure to tell if it's okay to tell it to him or not.

'Looks like you don't wanna sleep in that bed again' Yixing smiled at her. 
'I just don't want to sleep again tonight' she bit her lower lip and her head down, feeling to admit that the clinic scene was just a show. She's scared to go back to sleep.

Yixing takes her hand in his. 'Why don't you hang out in my room?' He smirked. 
'Are you crazy?! Your room is in boys' dorms!' She tries to lower her voice. 
'You're saying like you've never been there before' Yixing laughed at her.

~~~

Although Yixing is a year or two older than Mari, they stay like best friends. Yixing was always there every time she had to deal with it. 

'Why didn't you come early?' She asked him while making comfortable on his bed. 
'I was at the library. I didn't know I fell asleep. Nobody noticed me though haha' he was busy finding something in the fridge. He took out the ice cream box and sit beside her on bed.

'So you were locked in there!' Mari exclaimed. 'Yeah, I jumped out from the window as soon as I got the message from Chanyeol.' He the TV and changed the channel.

'Don't you want to tell me about your dream Mari ah?' Yixing asked her gently. Mari pretends like she is busy eating her ice cream. 'No, they're just nonsense like usual nightmares. Trust me you don't want to hear it.' She lied. 'But...' Before he could continued, she interrupted.
'SpongeBob!' She exclaimed happily. Yixing sighed looking at her. He better stops asking her bout it. He doesn't want to make her upset. Then they enjoyed watching her favorite cartoon. An hour later, Yixing finds her sleeping calmly in his bed. He put the blanket around her body, turned off the TV and send message to Chanyeol that she's sleeping well in his room.