Fortnight Love - One Shot

Fortnight Love

A handsome young man is sitting together at the university lounge with a chubby-cheek girl, both looking lazy while other people having conversation happily with their own couples.

 

“Aaron, I’m so bored. Is there anything can interest me?”

 

The girl said lazily and sighs.

 

“Find a boyfriend and you wouldn’t complain anymore.”

 

The young man called Aaron who sat beside her comments.

 

“I always hope to have a boyfriend that can accompany me anytime.”

 

“Seems like only two of us that left single.”

 

They both let out a heavy sighs but suddenly a mischievous smile shows on the girl’s face.

 

“I got an idea. How about we have a deal?”

 

The girl asked and looked at the young man hopefully. He stared back at her with confused look on his face.

 

“What deal, Gui?”

 

“Just a simple deal, you become my boyfriend and I become your girlfriend for fourteen days. We will act like a couple and do it just for fun. Do you like the idea?”

 

He thought for a while but no longer after that, a smile shows on his face.

 

“Not bad. I also don't have any plans for the next two weeks anyways.”

 

“So?”

 

The girl named GuiGui let out her hand and in the next second, Aaron shakes hand with her.

 

“Count me in.”

 

After they had a deal yesterday, today they are going to start on their “First Date”.

 

First Day

“Come on. This is our first official date, we should make it memorable. Where do you want to go?”

 

“How about we watch a movie? I heard that there is a new movie in the cinema.”

 

“Sounds good, let’s go there right now. After that, we can go to KTV. You can ask your sister and her boyfriend to join us.”

 

“No problem.”

 

Second Day

Aaron and GuiGui spent the time chatting and joking around in the cafe. The romantic atmosphere and romance song inside the cafe, they both enjoy their date blissfully. She got a star necklace and he received a silver bangle.

 

Third Day

They went to a shopping mall to buy a gift for Aaron's best friend. After walking around the stores for hours, they decided to buy a miniature sports car. They took a rest at a food court and enjoying a meal. This is the first time they holding hands.

 

Fourth Day

Today they went to the ice-skate rink and Aaron taught GuiGui how to play skate. She almost fell down every time she learned to use the skate but he always stays beside her and helps her. They also played with snow in the snow world and she makes two snowmen similar to them. They took photos together with the snowman and hugged each other tightly.

 

Fifth Day

Aaron and GuiGui walked towards university with hand intertwined. Some of their friends were whistling and cheering for them. They sat together inside the class and help each other on the lesson. At the cafeteria, they fed each other and look like a real happy romantic couple.

 

Sixth Day

Aaron and GuiGui spent the time with their friends shopping together. When girls did the shopping things, the boys had all the shopping bags in their hands. Luckily, GuiGui didn't shop too much so Aaron has little bags in his hands, and it’s all only Stitch toys.

 

Seventh Day

This time GuiGui played bowling with Aaron and again, he becomes her mentor. Her hand was swollen because this is her first time to play bowling. He massaged her hands gently and today, they had their first kiss inside his car.

 

Eighth Day

Aaron and GuiGui had a candle light dinner on the seaside, accompanied by the bright moonlight and uncountable stars. They sat waiting for their foods being served, the sound of winds and waves ringing on the ear. She looked up at the sky filled with stars and makes a silent wish in her heart.

 

Ninth Day

Today is Aaron's birthday and GuiGui made a birthday cake for him. This is not her first time baking a cake but the affection that slowly got into her soul when doing this cake, making it as the best cake Aaron ever taste. His feeling was touched by her, silently makes a wish before blowing the candles off and kissed her forehead.

 

Tenth Day

They spent their day in amusement park and ride all the arcades inside the park, eating ice cream together and plays at some booth stands. He gave her a huge soft teddy bear and she gave him a keychain with their name engraved on it.

 

Eleventh Day

They went to Xi Men Ding and walked together with their hands holding each other. GuiGui felt curious when she walked pass a fortune-teller's stand and decided to try her future luck. The fortune-teller takes a look at her palms and said “Cherish your precious last time with him”. The fortune-teller let out a deep sigh and holds her hand tightly,

 

Twelfth Day

Aaron had an idea to have a relax time on the beach. They took off their sandals, playing together and chasing each other. Sometimes he carried her up in bridal style and put her down into the water. Looking at the sunset, GuiGui's head rests on Aaron's shoulder and his head lays on her head while their hands still intertwined together. They feel the fresh air, the soft sand, and the cold water that are splashing on their feet.

 

Thirteenth Day

Aaron decided to spend the day doing a simple and relax activity. They only roam around the town using his car and ended up by sitting on the bench inside the town's park.

 

15:20pm

“I’m thirsty; are you still have any drinks?”

 

“No, but I can buy it for you. Wait me here.”

 

“Just let me buy the drinks, you already tired after driving for hours. Wait here and don’t run around.”

 

GuiGui kissed on his cheek and left him to buy the drinks. He is surely tired after driving around Taipei. Taipei is a busy city and traffic jam happened anywhere in a pretty long time.

 

16:00pm

Forty minutes had passed but GuiGui still hadn't come back with the drinks.

 

“What took her so long?”

 

He muttered to himself. Suddenly a stranger ran towards his direction and stands in front of him.

 

“You need any help, Sir?”

 

Aaron asked politely.

 

“A girl just knocked down by a car at there. I thought I saw her with you before, can you go there to check whether it is her or not?”

 

Without any hesitance, Aaron ran with the stranger quickly to the accident place. There she is, GuiGui's body lying on the road with blood smearing around her body and her head. She is unconscious and her hand still holding the drink that she bought.

 

“Gui....” Aaron shouted.

 

Aaron carried her in bridal style to his car and sent GuiGui into hospital. He waited outside the emergency room for more than seven hours when finally a doctor walking out, but with regret and sad looks on his face.

 

23:50pm

“Sorry, but we had tried our best. She still breathes now but there’s nothing we can do. We found this letter inside her pocket. You can go inside to see her for the last time.”

 

The doctor gave the letter that covered by bloodstain on it to Aaron. He took the letter tremblingly and walks slowly into the room to see the unconscious GuiGui. A lot of cables connected to machines attached onto her body. Her face was pale but she is smiling. Aaron couldn't hold himself any longer and he broke down in tears after he saw the fragile GuiGui lying on the bed. He sat beside her bed and grips her hand tightly, not wanting to let go. This is the first time in his life; Aaron felt a torn-like wound in his heart. Tears fell down on his cheek and he opens the letter.

 

“Dearest Aaron…

Our fourteen days deal is nearly coming to the end. I feel really happy during the time I spent with you together. Even though you are cold sometimes and uncaring, but all those things that we had one brought a lot of happiness in my life. I realized you are the most important person in my life. I can't stop thinking about you and I always missing you if I didn't meet you. I feel regretful because I can't know much more about you. Now I didn't want to hope on anything else, but I do hope time can stop moving on those days when we were together, all those happy days that we had passed together. I really want all the memories lasts forever in my heart. I will tell you my little secret. Do you know what I wish to the star at the seaside on that night? I wish you to be my true love and I want to become your wife. I never thought our deal will end up like this, but I want to tell you those three words that are important for me. I LOVE YOU, Aaron. Forever love you.”

 

23:58pm

“Gui, do you know what wish I made at my birthday? I wished God let us be together forever. You can't leave me like this. We just passed all the happy day for thirteen days. Wake up and we will have more uncountable happy days together. We will make a happy family with our child. I love you too, Gui. Please don't leave me. Don't let me alone in this world. I LOVE YOU, Gui.”

 

The clock points on midnight and the bell rang twelve times. The machine showing GuiGui's heartbeat starting turns into straight line.

 

“GuiGui...”

 

Aaron cried hard while he hugs her body that had turned cold slowly. That day was the fourteenth day, the last day of their deal and also the last time he sees her.

 

*Tell your true feeling to your beloved one before it's late. When everything is too late, only regret will be left on the end. Because you never know what will happen next. You never know who will leave you and not coming back forever. So cherish all what you have now.*