Google is your friend

Not sleeping well

yeah I posted it on Tumblr, don't worry no copyright is harmed

warning: cursing ahead actually tried to use less swear words than i would usually 

___________________________________________________

 

"This is insane!", Sunggyu said ruffling his own hair, making it stand into all directions. Throwing his body on his bed in frustration, Sunggyu sighs into his pillow.

What should I do ? How to make this date perfect ?, Sunggyu thought. He had rolled over on his back and looked up onto the ceiling. The perfect date. his chin, Sunggyu assumed it was time to ask his friend for an opinion. With friend he meant the Internet. With opinion, he meant to just google what a perfect date should be like.

Sunggyu sat on his bed with white bedding. He cracked his chuckles as he dared to google “cute first dates”. His laptop didn't spit out the results he was looking for. He tried “cute first dates ideas”. Which brought away more desirable articles. But he didn't want to read a 50 pages text. And buzzfeed articles weren't Sunggyu's type of humour. As Sunggyu read trough some of those articles he felt really bored. If he was to do one of those “cute first date ideas” he would fall asleep himself. He cursed himself for promising Sungjong, that he would make this date to one he would always remember. Dammit you, and your pretentious mouth, Kim Sunggyu!, that man grumbled at himself. He stood up, feeling pain in his back, so he stretched his arms up. Yawning, Sunggyu walked towards his mirror. Ahh..At least my face looks handsome as ever. No pimple, no wrinkle, Sunggyu admired his reflection in the mirror. He yawned once again, then Sunggyu slapped himself. Wake up!, he commanded the mirror reflection. You need to do this for Sungjong!...Holy !, Sunggyu had noticed the watch reflecting behind him in the mirror. Almost 1 am. With that knowledge Sunggyu swung around and jumped on his bed. “Please, let me find something!”, he prayed into the air.

 

Sunggyu ate some snack, clicked on another article, then ate a snack again. “Those are ALL ”, he yelled in dissatisfaction. Knocking was heard from the neighbours. “Yeah yeah I know those walls are thin...”, grumbled Kim Sunggyu.

 

“Which one...This? Tomorrow it will be sunny. I can't wear all black.”, Sungjong sulked. “The outfit needs to be perfect!”, wanted Sungjong. A perfect outfit for a perfect date. He had started after lunch to search for his clothes of choice, but he couldn't find the perfect ones and now it is already time for dinner. “Mom! I have nothing to wear!”, Sungjong cried when he walked into the kitchen. “You have a wardrobe full of clothes.”. Sungjong stood silent. “How about the coat your father bought you on his last business trip?”. “Mommy it's summer.”, Sungjong reminded her. “You are just looking for an excuse to not wear each piece of clothing you own twice.”, his mother declared while she was taking out the hot food of the oven. “Mom!”, Sungjong whined. “Let's eat now, shall we ?”. Sungjong pouted. “Here.”, Sungjong's mother sighed and pointed to the table, “look in one of those magazines for inspiration. You love fashion after all. Be creative.”.

 

“Oh.......Ohhhhhh !”, Sunggyu sweared loudly at 11am. He should had taken the bus at 11am, to be in the city and pick Sungjong up from his place at 12am. They wanted to spend the day together. “I haven't even showered!”, Sunggyu cried out loud. Fast he ran into the bathroom, forgetting his tiredness and stripping of his clothes (more like ripping them off). Sungjong! Please wait for me.....Sungjong! “I need to tell him!”, Sunggyu remembered, showering. Leaving the shower on he went out, freezing , and ran to his room. He called Sungjong. Sungjong didn't pick up, he called him again. Once again his object of admiration (for once, not himself) didn't pick up his phone. Cursing Sunggyu ran back into the shower.

 

“Damn phone. Keeps on ringing.”, Sungjong complained annoyed while searching for his phone inside his bag. I need to keep out for Sunggyu, maybe I will miss him! I wanted to cheerfully greet him..., Sungjong thought digging in his bag. Looking at his screen his heart missed a beat. 2 missed calls from Sunggyu. “Sungjong-ah!”, a voice called. Sungjong looked up, to see Sunggyu walking towards him. His hair was unstyled, Sungjong noticed immediately. But it looked cute, Sungjong smiled. Now I missed greeting him cutely, arrrghh.

 

He just took a taxi. the extra costs, Sunggyu thought.

 

“Heeyy!! Where shall we go to ??”, Sungjong tried to make up. “Sorry for coming late!”, Sunggyu blurted out once standing in front of the younger. “Ah. No problem!”, Sungjong said. He did came late ?, Sungjong wondered.

Wanting to have fun now, Sungjong chose to give Sunggyu a smile. The one to which the smile was directed got red ears, once again. “Mh..”, Sunggyu acted like he was thinking hardly. “Since you have such a puppy nose, let's go to the pet store!”, Sunggyu flirted (he tried).

 

A few hours before Sunggyu had almost given up, Just one last article, I will just read one last date advice, then I will go to sleep. “Visit a pet shop”, Sunggyu read out loud. A pet shop? A pet shop! Sungjong looks like the person to like animals!

 

“Alright.”, Sungjong agreed, still smiling.

Once there, Sunggyu was a little bit surprised by how much Sungjong actually liked puppies. “Look Hyung! Oh my, he is so cuuuteeeeeeee!”, Sungjong squealed when he sat in front of the small cage with the brown dog in there. “Ah yes..”. It is not that Sunggyu didn't like animals. Or puppies. Or kitties. Or any other type of (baby) animal. He wasn't really scared either. He just wanted to hold Sungjongs hand. On arriving inside the pet store Sunggyu had planned to guide Sungjong to one of the animals more behind in the store. Sunggyu wanted to hold Sungjongs hand, but he didn't calculated the deep love Sungjong had for those animals. Sunggyu had just wanted to grasp Sungjongs lovely hand, but he already run towards one of the baby animals.

Sungjong now turned his head around to Sunggyu and laughed: “This one looks like you Hyung!”, he exclaimed pointing to a fat hamster. “Looks at his cheeks! What's this hamsters name?...”. Sungjong searched for the name tag. “Ah I found it! Honey Bear !”. Sungjong laughed as he said: “Honey Bear I want to eat something sweet!”.

 

Sungjong had taken one of his mothers magazines and flipped trough until he found an interesting page. “How to make a man fall in love with you on the first date!”, not what Sungjong had searched, but something that had interested him. “Tip number 1! Call your soon to be boyfriend cute names! That will make his heart flutter.”

 

“What?”, Sunggyu was confused. “Ah...eating...food. Uh okay, how about eating ice-cream?”, Sunggyu suggested. “Mh okay Boo.”, Sungjong said studying Sunggyu's reaction. Sungjong hoped for a good reaction, but instead Sunggyu held the door open for Sungjong to go outside.

 

He had found in the same article: “Also, eat some ice cream, beca-”, Sunggyu hadn't even read the whole sentence, he had already decided to do that tomorrow.

 

“What flavour do you like Sungjong ?”. “I don't really care...Baby Cakes.” “What kind of flavour is that ?”. “Nevermind.” Have I said something wrong ?, Sunggyu asked himself bitterly. He wanted that date to go well, and until now it had gone well. Sungjong kept on smiling and Sunggyu himself was happy to see Sungjong so excited.

 

“Tip number 2! Be mysterious!”. But hoooooooowww ?!

 

“What is you favorite kind of ice-cream?”. “Just pick one for me.”, Sungjong demanded softly. Sunggyu lifting his eyebrows at me. I am sure he already asks himself how I can be so cool and mysterious, right ? Or not? “Sunggyu!”, Sungjong called to make Sunggyu look him in the eyes. Sunggyu gave Sungjong his ice-cream when Sungjong said: “Snuggle Bear how about we- Oh god what kind of taste is this.”, Sungjong went from a cute tone to a disgusted one. He didn't mean to sound offended, but the ice-cream just didn't taste like what Sungjong imagined when he saw it's white and green colour. “I thought lemon-basil sounds like an interesting ice-cream name.”, Sunggyu giggled.

 

“What ?”, Sunggyu was and is incessantly confused, “Going to the river..”.

 

“Do you like the river Sungjong ?”, Sunggyu asked, pointing to the horizon. “Let me show you it.”, Sunggyu grabbed Sungjong's hand. Sungjong didn't mind being dragged by Sunggyu - Puh Bear- to the river. Sunggyu's hand felt warm and complemented Sungjong's hand well. Sunggyu actually squished Sungjongs hand a little harder than it was needed. Sungjong didn't care, he wanted to hold Sunggyu very close to him too.

Laying on the green fresh grass next to the river Sunggyu looked up to the sky. His eyes hadn't felt heavy until now. Maybe it was because he had slept too much (or too less). Maybe it was because his day had been so exciting (which was Sungjong's fault) or maybe it was because Sunggyu is a sleepy human in general. But resting calm next to Sungjong, who seemed to be day dreaming about something, made Sunggyu felt extremely soothing.

 

“Ahhh!”, Sungjong screamed. “Wha-What?!”, Sunggyu woke up alarmed. He really had fallen asleep. “Sungjong?”, he didn't lay next to him. Sunggyu jumped up upon seeing Sungjong strunggling inside the water. Had he fallen in ?! “Sungjong!”, yelled Sunggyu while hurrying towards him. Sungjong still struggled inside the water. The water splashed everywhere and made Sunggyu wet as he grabbed Sungjong on his arm and dragged him on land. Why did no one help him? Why is everyone staring ?!, Sunggyu thought angrily. “Sunggyu! Thank you!”, Sungjong gasped for air. “Sungjong-ah! What happened?”. Sunggyu looked stressed on the land on Sungjong and inside the water to search for an explanation of what had happened so suddenly. - Wait. The river isn't that deep. A person of Sungjong's height could easily stand in there. “I stuck my feet in...Slipped and felt inside the water! I was so scared! ”, Sungjong hold onto Sunggyu's shirt as if his life depend on it. Sunggyu not able to resist Sungjong's huge eyes and pouting lips, not to forget his helpless sounding voice, didn't really cared for what had really happened. Taking Sungjong in his arms, he told him everything is alright now. “Tip number 3! Make your man feel like a hero. Let him save you! It doesn't matter if you are in real danger or not.”

 

After their sunbath, in hope their clothes would fast dry, the young men took the metro. Because both of them didn't live in the city, it took them some time to get home. Those long rides always made Sunggyu tired. “I am really sleepy..”, said Sungjong rubbing his eyes. Sungjong leaned on Sunggyu's broad shoulder. “Sungjong-ah...”, Sunggyu gulped. “Yes Pookie ?”. Sunggyu laughed. He hold Sungjong's hand and looked him in the eye. Sunggyu kinda liked the nicknames, although he wished for something more...manly. “Sungjong I-”, Sunggyu wanted to tell him about how much fun he had and wished to see him again and show him how much he liked him and hoped he didn't up that much and- “Sungjong-ah are you wearing concealer.”, this was more of an statement than a question. Sungjong didn't even shame: “Hyung did you really think I had a good night's rest ? I can't possibly go outside with huge eye circles...” “Mh I don't see any!” “It is because I am wearing concealer!”, Sungjong jokingly hit Sunggyu's chest. “I was so nervous for today's date..”, Sungjong confessed to Sunggyu. “Because you like me so much?”, Sunggyu blurted out. Sunggyu hoped it was true. “No.”.Sunggyu's heart hurt a bit. “I didn't know what to wear. Now don't make such a face cutie! I cared for how I look...Because I like you so much.”. “Ah I think it's time to sleep. I am tired, let's sleep in each other's arms.”, Sunggyu said and hugged Sungjong to his chest, to hide his embarrassment called his red ears and face. “Are you not gonna say anything back ?”. Sunggyu giggled and kept holding Sungjong: “Don't you want to hug me ?”. “Mhh...”, Sungjong cuddled himself onto Sunggyu. “You are my saviour.” That's it. Saviour. Hero, Knight, King. Those were the kind of nicknames Sunggyu looked forward too. “Sungjong-ah I like you.”.