Chapter 1

Bang bang!

I was so going to kill Yoo Youngjae for this.

I knew it was trouble when I agreed to this. Youngjae had come to me, saying that a friend of his said that she had a handsome and rich friend looking for a girlfriend and Youngjae said that he had set me up with the guy.

“You should try it, noona. Omma keeps asking if you have a boyfriend yet, so I thought I’ll help you out.” He had given me his puppy-eyes look (I couldn't say no to my younger brother’s pleading look) and I gave in- a blind date won’t hurt right?

RIGHT. In our thirty minutes of lunch, he had been talking about how big his house was, how much he appreciates art, how many cars he was planning and basically acting like a cool guy. And to add on it, he had been throwing insults my way left and right.

I’m going to kick this guy, then hunt Yoo Youngjae down.

“You’re quite plain looking, aren’t you? Could do some improvement on the hair, maybe surgery on the eyes?” His nasal voice was hurting my head, and I decided I had enough.

I smiled sweetly at him. “I think you need the improvement more than me.”

His nostrils flared so wide I swear I saw a boogie. “Improvement? Me? Do you know who I am?” 

“Yeah. A pathetic, rich jerk acting like he’s the coolest person on earth because he’s living off daddy’s and mummy’s hard-earned money.” I stood up and bowed slightly. “Thank you for the meal, and let’s never meet again.”

I started to walk away but he grabbed my wrist hard. “You- You! How dare you! I’m-”

I wrestled my hand out of his. “Do I look like I care? ” I retorted.

“You’re going to regret this.” His face was in an ugly snarl. Well, he wasn’t good-looking to begin with.

I shrugged. “Make me.” I turned around and stalked out of the restaurant. The waitress tried to approach him but I waved her away. “The bill’s on the slimy rich guy over there.”

When I was out of the restaurant and heading back to school in huge, furious strides, I dialed Youngjae’s number. He was probably waiting for my call because he picked up almost immediately. “Noona! How did it go?”

“YAH YOO YOUNGJAE! YOU PUNK! WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU! ”

He burst out laughing. “He was that bad?”

“YOU’RE DEAD, YOO YOUNGJAE” I practically yelled into the phone.

I could hear him still laughing on the other side of the phone. “Where are you now, noona? I’ll treat you a meal, I’m sorry.”

“I’m on my way to school. I have a class and after that, I will find you and we can have a nice, sister to brother talk.” My anger had ebbed and I had slowed down my pace only to realise that I had walked so fast that I had already reached school.

“Aing, noona, it was a joke. I’m sorry. I’ll buy you meat, okay? I’ll buy your favorite beef for you.” He had stopped laughing but I could still hear the glee in his voice.

“Just you wait, you punk. I’ll…” I trailed off, my anger diffused as I spotted someone in the distance. I vaguely registered that Youngjae started to throw out more food suggestions (“Bingsu? I’ll buy you Premium Strawberry Bingsu. Nooonaaaa don’t be angry, I love you, you know that right? We can eat sushi too! Or cheeseburgers and milkshakes…”)

Time seemed to slow as I stopped in my tracks.

Bang Yongguk.

He was lying beneath a tree, stretched out and his bag next to him. As usual, he was wearing his neon green headphones and his hands were placed behind his head. He was watching the leaves fall from the tree above him; a serene smile was on his usually solemn face.

I couldn’t help but stare. Mother of all creation, he’s beautiful.

Bang Yongguk, aged 26. He had been suspended from school for a year and now he was back. There were many rumors of him being a member of the mafia or a gang. That, coupled with his fierce looks, made plenty of students veer clear of his way. Even teachers didn’t mess with him.

Most my friends couldn’t understand my fascination with him. “He’s dangerous, you hear me?” My junior, Eunji, had proclaimed when I first mentioned Yongguk to them. “Have you seen his tattoos? I bet the mafia rumors are true.”

But watching him lie there peacefully, just watching the leaves fall; I couldn’t see how dangerous he was. He looked like a regular kid, waiting for class to start.

Just then, his eyes slid over to meet mine.

Instinctively, I looked away and started walking again.

“Noona? Are you there? You’re not really angry, are you?” Youngjae was starting to sound worried.

“I’ll talk to you later, kid brother. I have a lesson to attend.” I hung up and took a deep breath. Okay, he looked at you because you were staring at him. No biggie. But I could still feel his intense gaze on the back of my neck as I hurriedly walked away.

Don’t look back, I told myself. Don’t look back, don’t look back.

But I couldn't resist peeking over my shoulder. His dark eyes were still fixed on me, even at a distance.

Stop looking at me! Look at the leaves! I mentally squeaked and walked even faster.

 

 

Author's note: Their comeback is literally in a week's time :O SOMEBODY HOLD ME I'M NOT READY FOR THIS