[1/1]

With You, By Your Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rays of blinding sunlight filtered through the curtains as a cool, autumn breeze filled the room. The sounds of singing birds had long faded into the hours of dawn and had instead, been replaced with the bustling noise of city life, signalling the transition from morning to midday. Jungkook’s eyes fluttered open to be met with a sight that still made his heart beat faster after four years.

 

Park Jimin. A male two years his senior with cat-like eyes was lying next to him, sleeping peacefully with his arms wrapped around Jungkook’s torso, legs intertwined. The elder’s face looked so tranquil at that moment that Jungkook couldn’t help but stare. The way golden rays of sun reflected off Jimin’s face made it seemed as if Jimin was glowing. No. Jimin was constantly glowing and that was something Jungkook hoped would always stay. The way Jimin’s face was rid of any worried creases was a look Jungkook wished would be permanent on the elder’s face. The way Jimin’s lips parted ever-so-slightly as he unconsciously snuggled closer to Jungkook was something Jungkook wished would be forever.  

 

Jimin. Jungkook. Forever.

 

As Jungkook gazed over Jimin’s sleeping figure, hands automatically reaching up to Jimin’s tousled brown hair, he wondered if he would be able to keep Jimin by his side forever. They had already endured four long years together. Sometimes, Jungkook would admit, he had felt distant from the other, especially during the two years where Jungkook was in high school and Jimin in college; but at the end of the day, whether he fell asleep to the sounds of Jimin’s static breathing over the phone or with Jimin in his arms, Jungkook knew Jimin was worth it all.

 

The said male shifted slightly under Jungkook touch, mumbling incoherent words. Smiling softly, Jungkook dropped his hands from Jimin’s head to the elder’s waist. He wrapped his arms around the waist and pulled Jimin closer so that their chests were touching, ignoring the way his heart beat faster from the contact. The scent of Jimin’s honey shampoo drifted up Jungkook’s nose as he positioned his head closer to Jimin’s, wanting to bask in a blissful Sunday morning with Jimin instead of rushing around to get to his lectures on time.

 

Jungkook squinted at the clock on the nightstand.11:35am. It had only been two hours since Jungkook had woken Jimin up in the morning for and he was sure the older would be tired, if not, exhausted, from doing something physical upon waking up so he let the male sleep some more as he slipped out of bed. He quietly moved across the room, finding his clothes and slipping them on quickly.

 

He glanced at the figure on the bed who was now curled into a ball to protect himself from the cool breeze blowing into the room. Jungkook’s gaze softened as he walked towards the bed and fixed the blanket to cover Jimin and hence, keep the sleeping male warm (but not before admiring the blooming marks over Jimin’s collarbones and chest). Pressing a chaste kiss on the elder’s forehead, Jungkook slipped out of the room into the bathroom to wash up and then into the kitchen to begin cooking brunch.

 

Though Jungkook was never really the chef of the house, he was still able to cook a decent breakfast and decided to make a basic one since he knew Jimin would wake up soon. Toast, scrambled eggs and bacon would be a nice after- meal, wouldn’t it? He took out the necessary ingredients before putting bread into the toaster and placing the frying pan on the stove. He cracked the egg into the pan, cringing as some of the shell fell in with the egg. Taking out the egg shell, he began humming a song.

 

My first date with you, my heart keeps pounding like a kid

These days, Sunday, the sun called you is rising on Sunday

 

He could clearly remember their first date together, awkward high schooler Jimin and Jungkook wandering the shopping mall and night stalls until late at night. The day was full of smiles and laughter. Jungkook already knew from that moment that he was in love with Jimin, more than he should be, but Jimin had revealed he fell in love with Jungkook later. At that time, Jimin had just thought Jungkook was extremely cute and saw potential within the other, and boy, was he right.

 

The toaster gave a ding as the toasted bread popped up and Jungkook reached over to place them onto a plate. He put another two slices into the toaster and turned around to the frying pan again. Just as Jungkook flipped the egg, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist and a chin rest on his shoulder.

 

“Hey Kookie,” Jimin mumbled, sleep and exhaustion lacing his voice.

 

“Hey baby, couldn’t sleep?”

 

“Missed you,” Jimin murmured, his grip around Jungkook’s waist tightening. The small action made Jungkook’s heart flutter and a smile spread across his face.

 

“Missed you too.”

 

Jungkook tipped the egg out of the frying pan and onto a plate before cracking another.  This time, it was perfectly cracked. He turned around and lifted Jimin up onto the kitchen counter by the thighs, pecking the other’s lips and tasting the minty mouthwash they both used. They kept the pace slow, with Jimin’s arms wrapped around Jungkook’s neck and Jungkook’s arms around Jimin’s waist. Jungkook let himself immerse in Jimin’s honey scent and Jimin found himself breathing in Jungkook’s sweet apple shampoo.

 

They both broke apart for air a few minutes later. Taking a step back, Jungkook finally took in Jimin’s appearance. The older had dishevelled, chocolate brown hair and slightly droopy eyes. He wore a white sweater (Jungkook’s) that just managed to cover his clothed but nothing below that.  Jungkook felt pride and satisfaction surge through his body when he looked at the male’s neck that was completely covered in red and purple marks. Mine.

 

He heard a small giggle and his eyes averted back to Jimin’s face, which was now flushing a light pink in embarrassment. Jungkook gave a smile in return, hands travelling under Jimin’s sweater and lightly touching the skin underneath.

 

“Jungkook, the eggs!” Jimin suddenly exclaimed. Jungkook quickly ripped himself away from Jimin and fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter