Chapter 1 (and only one)

(10) ways to say 'I love you'
  1. ‘I brought you some food.’ (TaeKook)

 

Jungkook thought that it was adorable whenever his hyung watched sad movies. Taehyung was a er for it, yes, he loved them but he could not hold his tears. No way.He still remembered the time that the two of them decided to watch ‘Miracle in Cell No. 7’ and within fifteen minutes of the movie, his hyung began to blubber incessantly, without filters. It still amazed Jungkook how they even managed to finish the movie given how much the both of them were sobbing. And their eyes the next day looked puffier than the Lays chips that Hoseok hyung loved. But whenever Taehyung watched a movie, he would get hungry; hungry beyond reason. And during that time, his younger but clearly more matured in this area boyfriend, would always be there, repeating Taehyung’s favourite sentence endlessly: ‘Hey hyung, I brought you some food.’

 

And Jungkook swears, that smile makes him fall for him even deeper every day.

 

  1. ‘Let’s get some rest.’ (YoonMin)

 

Jimin is very aware of Yoongi’s hardworking nature. And he appreciates it, heck, he’s even envious of it at times, though he isn’t one to talk. But it worries Jimin at times to see that Yoongi has once again fallen asleep in the studio and not in his bed, or beside him. It really is appreciable and admirable. But this stupid hyung should get more rest. Seriously, it really isn’t healthy for him. And Jimin knows that Yoongi isn’t one to pay that much heed when people tell him to sleep early or take a break. But times like these, Jimin is confident. Because, besides being the great Min Suga’s favourite dongsaeng, he is also one of his best friends, and more importantly, his boyfriend.

 

So whenever Jimin asks Yoongi to get some rest because he has been overworking, Yoongi winds up his work in a matter of half an hour.

 

  1. ‘You should put your seatbelt on.’ (NamJin)

 

Jin has always been a little on the clumsier side, he himself admits it. And most times, he needs reminders to actually do something. It isn’t that Seokjin is dismissive or irresponsible, but he just has so many things in his head that sometimes, he just forgets things. And being the eldest of a group of seriously talented monkeys, well, that’s just a lot on his plate. But he thinks that it’s really sweet that whenever and the two of them decide to sneak out in the middle of the night (not really) to have coffee just because the day was a little tiring, they secretly take the manager’s car, even though the coffee shop is not that far away. And it’s even better when Namjoon, who almost always drives though he is younger, advises him to put on his seatbelt just because.

 

Jin has asked him on several occasions why Namjoon does that every time. ‘After all, the shop isn’t all that far off.’ And Namjoon always replies the same, ‘It’s safer,’ in hushed tones so that the other members would not find out about their little secret.

 

That being said, Namjoon continues to remind Jin to put on his seatbelt whenever they go out for coffee in the middle of the night.

 

  1. ‘You’re really handsome.’ (TaeKook)

 

Jungkook is the youngest of the group. And being the youngest has its disadvantages. For one, your opinion is always the last to be considered (and least likely too). Two, you are often brushed off as a baby and so you tend to get close to zero freedom. You are the one who gets babied the most even though you were a real man (sure, you are, Jungkook). And especially when it comes to food, the hyungs, especially the two right immediate to him in age, has every right to snatch it away even before you could actually try. So, at times like these, Jungkook resolves to dirty tricks.

 

Jungkook calls each member the most handsome member of the group so as to win even five seconds of having his way. And have his way, he did, more often than not. But that trick wasn’t always a sure win for him. And to a certain hyung, it almost never worked.

 

‘Woah, Taehyung hyung! You’re really handsome! The most handsome one in the group!’ Jungkook says as he wants a taste of Taehyung’s apricot ice cream in contrast to his own oreo flavoured one. Taehyung is especially stingy with his food so he has to be tactful. But Taehyung was immune to it.

 

‘I know,’ the hyung replies, ‘you’ve told me that several times. And it sounded especially believable when you told it to me last night when you thought I was sleeping.’

 

Jungkook remembers this and begins to blush furiously. It wasn’t fair. Taehyung was very handsome and it wasn’t fair that the hyung knew that the golden maknae considered him the most handsome person that he had ever come across. And that wasn’t just because he was his boyfriend.

 

‘Why didn’t you say anything if you were awake?’ Jungkook pouts. Taehyung chuckles and shoves a spoonful of his ice cream into the maknae’s mouth. Maybe the trick was more effective than he thought. ‘Because I love you too,’ is the reply from the cheeky hyung. Jungkook mumbles some incoherent words to hide his embarrassment.

 

It really wasn’t fair at all. Taehyung was really, really handsome.

 

  1. ‘Don’t you worry. I’ve got you.’ (YoonMin)

 

It was usual for Jimin to often wake up in cold sweat because of vivid dreams. The beagle dancer/singer would always say that it couldn’t be helped and that the other members should wake him up if he ever started whimpering in his sleep and ended up disturbing them. Of course, the members never really get the chance to actually wake him up because they were not his roommate, and by the time they reached the room, Jimin would have calmed down by then. And Jimin never actually recalls a moment where he really does wake up. He does remember several occasions where he can hear himself whimpering and groaning in his sleep but the bad dreams go away as soon as he feels a warm palm rest on his forehead, which leads to of his silky locks. He can never tell if it is a dream or not but he recognizes it as Yoongi’s hand. The feel, the texture and the size of it is all familiar. And the thing which calms him down the most is the mantra, that too in Yoongi’s voice, assuring him not to worry. ‘I’m here. I’ve got you.’ And after he calms down, the warmth lingers for a few more minutes until it disappears completely.

 

This has always helped Jimin to calm down. He has always had the nightmares but they frequent him more ever since Yoongi died in that unfortunate car accident four months ago.But Jimin is grateful that even after his death, Yoongi still calms him down even though he is responsible for majority of his nightmares. It’s sad to think of him but Jimin is happy that Yoongi was and will be the responsible man that he always knew.

 

  1. ‘Go.’ (TaeKook/VHope)

 

It hurts whenever he sees Taehyung do those silly things with him. Yes, he feels bad for even thinking that Hoseok hyung could very well be competition but he can’t help but do so. He dislikes the fact that his favourite Taehyung hyung would talk about Hoseok hyung endlessly that his ears are to the point of bleeding. Originally, everyone thought that it was just fondness on the erratic man’s part but when they officially announced that they were dating just a week back, Jungkook was the one who was the most heartbroken. But of course, because Taehyung hyung was his all time favourite, he could do nothing but hide his pain behind that all too familiar rabbit toothed smile and give them the heartiest congratulations. Jungkook knows that this fake smile would not last long but at least he keeps himself in check. He has vowed that he will support his hyung, no matter what. After all, he was too much of a coward to take a step. And he was naïve to think that Taehyung would ever wait for his guts to catch up with his heart.

 

So when Taehyung sits with him before any filming, or anything for that matter, Jungkook simply keeps quiet and listens because listening to his ecstatic laughs, his sonorous voice and getting a glimpse of his scrunched up face, warped because of excitement was enough. He just allows the person he loves most to continue doing what he was doing beause he knew that it made the elder happy. And that is why when Hoseok hyung calls Taehyung because he wants Taehyung to calm his nervousness away before said filming or work, Jungkook allows him to do so.

 

‘Ah,’ Taehuyng apologizes. ‘Hyung is calling, Jungkookie.’ The speaker stands up without really expecting a reply than the usual. And Jungkook complies because he smiles, though the pain is completely unseen by the elder; he smiles and says, ‘Go,’ in a feeble voice, almost inaudible. But Taehyung catches it and he takes it as permission and runs over to his boyfriend, with the happiest expression that Jungkook has seen yet.

 

  1. ‘You’re ugly.’ (YoonSeok)

 

Hoseok loves the way Yoongi is a lazy sack of dirt. He loves the way that the elder complains almost every minute that the horse has way too much energy for anyone’s good. He loves the way that Yoongi hyung squints his eyes every time he sees or hears something he finds sceptical. He loves that Yoongi looks small, weak and pale but is packed with his own punch if anyone messes enough with him. He loves how the Daegu rapper gives his all whenever something catches his interest.

 

Hoseok loves everything about Yoongi. But something he lists on the top ten most adorable things that Yoongi can ever do is that Yoongi is a shy guy. Sure, he’s straightforward with most things. In fact, he becomes quite too blunt at times. But Hoseok adores it when he declares his love for the hyung and the elder gets so embarrassed that he can only make the weakest retort. And it’s always the same sentence.

 

‘Hyung, I love you so much,’ Hoseok whisperes teasingly into Yoongi’s ear as they are on the platform, accepting an award for one of their songs. Namjoon, or better known as Rap Monster on stage, is saying his thanks to the fans and all that, Hoseok is aware but what has his main interest is Yoongi’s fervent blush on his pale face. Yoongi splutters randomness and loses the ability to face Hoseok because all he does is turn away from the energetic ball of sunshine. And though the hall is going wild because of them winning, Hoseok clearly hears Yoongi’s usual retort, in the usual cracked voice: ‘And you’re ugly, you stupid horse.’

 

Yup. Love was definitely in the air.

 

  1. ‘Thank you.’ ‘You’re welcome.’(NamJin)

 

Being the leader of Bangtan Sonyeondan comes with a huge responsibility. And Namjoon needs all the help that he can get. So at times like these, he is eternally grateful to the lord in heaven above to have Seokjin beside him.

 

He understands the lives of idols and that they would have very minimal private lives so they have to careful. People look up to them and expect things of them so they should act with care.

 

That is why Namjoon, whenever he cleans up the maknae line’s mess, be it Taehyung’s crazy unfathomable language, or Jimin’s air headedness along with his incessant giggles or Jungkook’s weird stares which could be deemed uncomfortable and almost indecent (the kid is unaware of it, really. And it adds more to Namjoon’s problems); heck, when Yoongi “mistakenly” cusses on television or J-Hope does something unbelievably embarrassing, Namjoon is eternally grateful that Jin helps him clean up the mess.

 

‘Thank you,’ he whispers. And Jin replies a quick, ‘You’re welcome.’ The exchange merely takes a second or two at the most but it reassures their promise to be with and help each other in times of trouble, be it small or big.

 

Privacy is something quite rare even at home because they haven’t yet said anything about their relationship even to the other members. So, it’s something exciting when they exchange knowing glances as such, soft to the heart and yet thrilling to their passion. And though it’s only a second or two, it is a short moment of something only the two of them had access to, which makes it all the more magical. And for that, Namjoon is eternally thankful.

 

  1. ‘You’re my favourite.’ (JiKook)

 

‘You’re my favourite dongsaeng,’ Jimin states as Jungkook is showering him with kisses all over his face and neck. Jungkook gives an amused smile and replies that that was because he is his boyfriend.

 

No. It wasn’t just that. Jungkook started off as somewhat distant but as he warmed up to him, the maknae registered everything and anything about him. And Jungkook knew things too. He knew the elder’s strengths, his weakness and everything else in between, and yet, he never took advantage of it. In fact, Jungkook was honoured that Jimin would consider him one of his strengths and he was always careful that he was one of his weaknesses too.

 

Jimin had grown so fond of the maknae that Jungkook could literally tell him to dance on a burning wire above a pool of hungry sharks and Jimin would happily do it. But Jimin had an inkling that the maknae never considered such an abuse of power. One, because Jungkook is simply too kind for any such thoughts and two, because the person he was speaking about was Jungkook. Because for the most part, Jungkook never even considered the weight of Jimin’s extreme fondness as a burden. In fact, he saw it as a privilege.

 

Considering all these factors, Jimin concludes that Jungkook is his favourite. He is grateful to have met such a wonderful human being and is even more grateful that said human being understands his inability and embarrassment to say those three clichéd words. So if Jimin ever tells Jungkook that he is his favourite, Jungkook teases him but understands what he means.

 

  1. ‘I love you.’ (Bonus)

 

As Taehyung is walking back to his room with two packets of cheetos and two cans of soda fished out from the refrigerator, he recalls the message that he had received on the common telephone line. It was from the manager. It was a reminder to anyone who had picked up the call to in turn remind the other members that they had a photo shoot the next day at 9 in the morning. So they should go to bed a little early because tomorrow would be a long day.

 

The first door he comes across is Namjoon hyung’s. He knocks twice, despite the food in his hands and enters with much difficulty on hearing the rapper inviting him in. Taehyung isn’t surprised to see Jin sprawled across the leader’s bed, checking his phone for something or the other.

Rapmon hyung is on his desk, scribbling something on a piece of paper. Taehyung relays the message, ‘Manager wants us to bed early. Long day tomorrow.’

 

‘Ah,’ Jin hyung recalls the ordeal and shuffles himself. Namjoon hyung thanks Taehyugn for reminding and Taehuyng makes a curtsey bow and is soon out of his way. But as he closes the door, he doesn’t miss the endearing advises the two hyungs give each other about getting proper rest.

 

The next is Hoseok and Jimin’s room. But Jimin isn’t available when he opens the door. Instead he finds Hoseok looking into the standing mirror, with a weird horse cap on his head. And for some strange reason, Taehyung catches him making weird horse poses (how does he even do that?) into the mirror.

 

‘What’s up, V?’ he asks, not even fazed that his dongsaeng had seen him in a rather strange position. Taehyung thought it best to leave as early as possible and not let his hyung contaminate him with his weirdness. ‘Manager called to remind of the long day tomorrow. Told us to go to sleep early.’ Then he asks where Jimin is.

 

‘With Yoongi hyung,’ J-Hope states with a forlorn look. ‘Hey,’ he then catches Taehyung before he can escape. There is a mischievous grin on his face. ‘Do you think there’s something between the two of them? Yoongi hyung and Jimin, I mean?’

 

Taehyung has thought of many things and this was one of them. But he simply replies that he doesn’t know.

 

‘Oh,’ J-Hope looks disappointed but Taehyung leaves it at that. ‘Well, anyway, thanks for informing.’ Taehyung replies, ‘Sure thing. Good night hyung.’ ‘Night.’

 

Yoongi and Jin’s room is next and Taehyung begins to feel the weight of the food in his hands.

 

Knock, knock, knock!

 

‘Go away,’ is Yoongi hyung’s sharp reply. Then Taehyung hears Jimin’s high pitched giggles and Taehyung guesses that Yoongi is giving Jimin one of his famous ticklish yet relaxing massages once again.

 

‘Hyung?’ he calls out. He then hears Yoongi shush the younger as he answers with a ‘what is it’.

 

‘Manager hyung just called to remind us of our long day tomorrow. He suggested us to go to sleep early.’

 

‘Alright,’ Both Jimin and Yoongi’s voices are in sync. But Taehyung knows that it’ll be a long time before the two of them actually go to sleep. And as Taehyung is walking away from the door, he blushes furiously to hear Jimin squealing rather indecently that whatever Yoongi was doing was tickling him. And Yoongi’s reply wasn’t helping Taehyung fight down the blush either: ‘I know. But you look really cute when I do that.’

 

He is thankful that he quickly reaches his and Jungkookie’s room. As he opens the door and heads in, Jungkook comments that it took him a long time to get food.

 

‘I know. And I’m sorry but manager hyung called and told us to go to sleep early. We have an early schedule tomorrow.’

 

Jungkook whines a little, ‘Aw man. Does that mean that we won’t be able to do the movie marathon tonight?’

 

‘We’ll do it tomorrow then?’ Taehuyng suggests and Jungkook reluctantly agrees.

 

Taehyung places the food that he had just brought on the table and tells Jungkook that they should go to sleep. ‘Kay,’ Jungkook replies and lays his head on the pillow like an obedient boy. Taehyung almost chuckles but he controls it.

 

He switches off the lights and quickly scurries into the place next to Jungkook’s warm body.

 

‘Ne, hyung?’ Jungkook says in the dark. ‘Hmmm?’ Taehyung can’t see clearly but he can imagine his beloved Jungkookie’s sparkly eyes as he is asking the question.

 

‘You promise we’ll do the marathon tomorrow?’

 

‘Yes. If we don’t have any heavy schedule the next day, alright?’

 

‘Alright.’

 

‘Okay. Now go to sleep,’ he says and adds the which that he says every night. ‘I love you, Jungkookie.’

 

‘Mmm,’ Jungkook replies almost automatically. ‘I love you too.’

 

A/N:

Woooow. Not the best promise keeper, am I? Well, that story is at a standstill because I've got squat ideas for it at the moment... yeah. No inspiratioon, 'nam sayin? Chyeah...

But thanks for reading this though. And as always comments (negative, positive, neutral, anything) are welcome. (Upvotes too, if you think it worthy enough for one)

 

Indefinitely,

TypicalFangirl09