Final

One Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lights were flashing red and neon green, highlighting the stage. Jungkook watch the students getting awards for their hard work in academics. His red and green slashed face was blank and uninterested. His hands would clap in unison with the crowd, though he doesn't really know what he's clapping about but to avoid being glared at for being rude he spares three to four claps accompanied by a 3 second smile. 

His attention was soon caught by a tap on the shoulder. He looked over his shoulder and found his classmate's worried laced face. "What's wrong?" he asks in an almost whisper. Jimin placed a finger on his lips and motioned him behind the assembly hall before disappearing into the crowd of people standing up. 
Jungkook cocked his eyebrow and followed suit. A young man already occupying his seat the moment his left. Jungkook would fight the stranger for it if it wasn't for Jimin's worried looking face. 

It took awhile for Jungkook to squeeze through the proud parents and bored uncles and aunts before he finally crawled to the back of the assembly hall where Jimin soon started to pull him out the door. 

Once the clapping and the principal's voice through the speaker was nothing but muffled noise and the crickets chirping was the only thing Jungkook could hear clearly, Jimin spoke up. 

"I think you're parents know." Jimin said, eyebrows furrowed. He was biting his nails to prevent him from panicking further. 
"Know what?" Jungkook blinked. Jimin mentally slapped him, "That you're a carrier!" Jungkook's eyes widened as he gasped softly. 

"Are you serious?! How the hell did they found out?" Jungkook's heart raced. Being a carrier wasn't something to be proud of. In this world, there are two types of men. A natural and a carrier. A natural is a man who cannot bare children, and a carrier is a man who's mutated to gain the ability to bare children. There are also two types of carriers. Doctors and scientists classified them as type A and type B. Type A is a carrier who's ability to bare children is present from the moment they had gone through the first or second stages of puberty, and type B is a carrier who's ability to bare children can only be 'activated' through certain medical prescriptions. 

At age 18, Jungkook went to the hospital to find out if he was a carrier or a natural. Days after the check up, the results came telling him that he was indeed a carrier type B. Having heard of it, he panicked and buried the results somewhere under a tree. His parents, his family tree, were smart and academically talented people who believes that a man should never bare children for that is a woman's personal job. It took years for his parents to accept him being gay and took more time for them to accept the man their son was dating. Jungkook doesn't know what'l happened if they found out he's a carrier. It doesn't matter what type, a carrier is a carrier and to the Jeon family; a carrier is to be looked down at by society.


"The doctor that handled your DNA sample, he's your mother's high school friend." Jimin informed. He got the information from the nurse that took Jungkook's DNA sample, who is also his boyfriend. (Yes, his boyfriend is a man nurse.) 

"!!" Jungkook cursed loudly, "Oh god, what do I tell Seokjin.." he leaned against the wall and slid down on the cold concrete floor. "Is there anything you can do?" he looked up at his friend with begging eyes. 

Jimin sighed pitifully. "I'll ask Yoongi to talk to the guy. I'm sure he hasn't sent the email yet. Yoongi found him suspicious when he was looking at you profile so he dug through him."

"...no offence but it's scary what your guy can do." Jungkook admits. Yoongi was a smart guy yet very lazy but would do everything he has to perfectly as if he was some flawless machine who can work day and night. He wasn't a full time nurse. His family owned a hospital and since he had a medical background, he would help from time to time when he's taking a break from his music career. Yoongi is a producer at a music company where his songs are worth more than gold. He would rap for huge artists and would write songs for record breaking stars. Though many people prefer to call him 'Suga', his stage name.


Jimin chuckles and ruffles his hair, "Go find Seokjin, I'll talk to Yoongi now while your at it." Jungkook nods and collects himself, taking a deep breathe. He still hasn't told Seokjin that he had himself checked and that he has the results. Seokjin knows that Jungkook has been meaning to get himself checked, he just doesn't actually know when since the topic only came up once or twice. He doesn't actually know it was serious. 


Jungkook dove through the still-clapping crowd and searched high and low for a certain broad-shouldered senior who he found at the corner of the assembly hall, bored to death but still considerately clapping and smiling and not showing that he doesn't actually care. 

"Seokjin." he tugs his sleeve and Seokjin looked as if he was saved from endless pain. "Hey," the older greets him and leans down to give his thin lips a little peck. "Can I talk to you?" Jungkook says after smiling from the chaste kiss. "Yeah sure," Seokjin grabs his hand and leads him out to the other exit that leads to the university park. 
The loud awarding music began to fade away as the couple walk further from the assembly hall. 

They sat under a fall tree on a wooden bench, cold from the night's cool breeze. 
"What's up, Kookie?" Seokjin settled on the bench and prepares to listen to whatever his young lover has to say but it doesn't come. No word, no mutters. Jungkook's lips was between his teeth, his slurred words caught in his dry throat. "Kook?" Seokjin urged and Jungkook felt as if he was being rushed, pressured. 

"Hey, why're you crying?" Jungkook felt a thumb brush away his tears. He didn't even know he was crying. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" Seokjin scoots closer and tugs Jungkook against him. 

"Seokjin...I—I had a check up.." he stuttered, letting the older hold and squeeze his hand as an arm hug around his shoulders. "And?" Seokjin pressed a bit, wanting to know more detail. 

"And..." Jungkook took a deep, deep, deep breathe, "I—I'm a carrier, Seokjin." he bit his lips and sobbed softly. "I—I'm a carrier...my parents, they'll find out and they'll disown me..I—I can't live if they throw me away.." he cried, letting all his stress and frustrations flow out his system in big drops of tears. His shoulder shook and his voice hiccuped. 

"Shh, shh," Seokjin coos, pulling him on his lap and rocking him softly. Jungkook hated to be rocked in someone's arms. It made him feel weak. Even when he was a child, he would kick about when his mother would carry him and attempt to rock him to sleep but when it's Seokjin— when it's Seokjin, he feels safe, calm as if nothing will harm him with the older's arms around his fragile figure. "Everything's going to be okay, baby. I'll talk to your parents, alright? we'll make it all better." 

Jungkook shook his head. "No..no, they won't listen to you." his parents hated Seokjin because of the fact that he took their son's ity and managed to steal his heart that they expected was meant for a young, fair, brilliant lady. How disappointed and ashamed they were when their youngest son had fallen in love with a young man 4 years older than him. 
Jungkook doesn't know how anyone can hate Seokjin. Actually, his parents are the only people he knows who hates Seokjin. The older male was loved and cherished by many. He was handsome, popular and very intellectual. He excel in both arts and academics. Scoring a brilliant 100 on an exam that 46% students failed at or got a barely passed score. He's talented at sports, being the school's soccer captain. He's also very popular with both girls and boys at the university and the teachers also seem to admire him as well. In short, Seokjin is a fallen angel. 


"If they disown you then I'll take care of you." Seokjin wipes more tears off his lover's cheeks. "I'll pay for your college, your tuition and you can live with me." 

"No, baby, no. You're a student too. I can't let you take full responsibility for me." Jungkook shakes his and and shifted to straddle the older's lap, knees folded and pressed against the bench with his thighs hugging Seokjin's waist perfectly. 

"I claimed responsibility the moment we started to date. If you get hurt, it's my fault, and I'm a working student, I can take care of you." Seokjin pointed out, brushing away Jungkook's bangs that fell on his eyes. "Besides, my parents adore you. I'm definitely sure they won't mind me keeping a little bunny at home." he added and Jungkook felt his heart swell. How lucky was he to have someone like Seokjin in his life. Someone he can turn to when his world falls a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter