Ryan Doll Wishes

The Recipe: Ryan Doll Wishes

The longer you stared at the clock, the longer the time didn’t change, not even one minute. It felt like your clock was broken; it must be. There was just no way it could still be on 11:04 when it had been there for ag–oh, it changed. 11:05pm. It was 35 minutes past the time your boyfriend had promised to call you at. At the end of the bed, you saw the big Ryan doll of his that he had given you so that when he wasn’t around you could think of him and seek comfort. The tips of your toes kept hitting Ryan’s leg. The moment you noticed, you forced yourself to stop. Only, you knew a moment later it would start up again—if not with that foot with maybe a finger tapping on your arm.

Leaning back against your pillows, you closed your eyes and sighed. The urge to grab your phone and dial his number was increasing but who wanted to be one of those annoying partners who whined to their boyfriends because they weren’t getting enough attention? You certainly didn’t but you most definitely did all at the same time. Sitting up straight, you reached down, grabbing the big Ryan doll and settling him in your arm while grabbing the book—manga—on your bedside table. Flipping through the pages, you tried to find where you had left off on. Just as you found it, your phone rang shrilly through the air with a notification.

Forgetting entirely about the manga, you moved your hand for the phone as the manga dropped into your lap. It wasn’t the phone call you were waiting for but rather a text message from Joonie, as your phone read.

Sorry, babe. I got caught up in a rush of inspiration with Yoongi and I just lost track of time. - Joonie 11:07

I can call you before I go to bed? - Joonie 11:07

Looking at the two messages that came one right after the other, you sighed softly to yourself. This wasn’t anything new. The battle between understanding Namjoon and his passion for music along with it being his job and you supposed to be the number one person in his life wasn’t easy. Trying to let go of your annoyance, you let your fingers fly over the keyboard.

It’s okay. That would be nice. - 11:08

Ryan is the best cuddler anyway =p - 11:08

As much as you would have liked to talk to him for longer than a brief goodnight, hearing his voice is really what you needed. The last date you had been on had been weeks ago, the last time you had actually seen him had been about the same as well. Skype calls were few and far between but until recently, your nightly calls at 10:30 had been a sort of unspoken promise between the two of you. He had been keeping them… until tonight.

The best? Hah, maybe second best. - Joonie 11:10

The notification went off again and you laughed at his message. Second best? Was he really going to put the doll that he gave you these exact instances down. Even if Namjoon was here, you’d still be laughing right at him for it.

Are you really jealous over your own doll? - 11:10

…No… Babe, it’s 11:11 so, make a wish. - Joonie 11:11

Smooth, Namjoon. Real smooth. You thought to yourself but a small smile was still splayed across your lips. You never could seem to help how much you smiled around the man. Deciding to be cheeky, you replied quickly with a selca of Ryan and you.

My wish already came true. Ryan is cuddling with me. - 11:11

The reply back was so quick that you just blinked at the screen of your android before finally seeing the actual message that splayed across it.

Ryan? - Joonie 11:11

Chuckling to yourself, you pulled Ryan closer. Sometimes, he really could be the biggest dork. There was no doubt in your mind that he was a bit jealous of the doll. Cute. Super cute.

“To be honest, I just want you.” - 11:12

Finger hesitating above the send button, you read and reread the truth you typed out. After another moment of contemplation you hit the send button, heart pounding away. Namjoon and you had been together for about seven months. While you both are very comfortable with each other, sweet words such as the ones you just said were still something the two of you been dipping your toes into. It was a slow process, but it felt right.

You jumped slightly when your phone began vibrating in your hand and your boyfriend’s raspy voice singing “Fools” filled the air. Looking down, you were surprised to see he was calling. Accepting the call and putting the smartphone to your ear, “Joonie?” You asked hesitantly still in slight disbelief that this was happening.There was muffled voices in the background, you could tell that one of them was Yoongi and then you heard Namjoon’s voice reply,

“Just five minutes.”

There was a sound like a scoff and more muffled words, which you were pretty sure was Yoongi complaining that Namjoon had already taken five minutes as it was. Then he was finally speaking to you.

“Babe…”

The way Namjoon paused sounded like he had more to say so you kept quiet while little butterflies fluttered around in your stomach.

“…I don’t have long but I needed to hear your voice.”

“Five minutes, right?” You asked.

If you could hear a blush form on someone, then this was exactly what you were hearing right now. The shyness in Namjoon’s voice was endearing and warmed you like he had just wrapped a blanket around your heart.

“Yeah, so you can shove Ryan off the bed.”