Tour guide?

School corridors

To say he was nervous was an understatement . Be couldn't breathe properly, he wasn't able to move and all he really wanted was the ground to swallow him.

Mingyu was standing in front of the Pledis High school gate. He was a transfer student and it was his first day at new school. When he finally persuaded himself to move and begin his new school life he opened the door and started wandering around. He didn't know where were his class rooms or how to get there. Hell! He didn't even knew his schedule. Before he knew he reached the furthest corridor in school and didn't know how to get back. And again fear overtook him. He started running through random corridors just to find someone to help him, when he bumped into a student.

- WATCH WHERE YOU WALK HUH?!- Mingyu's eyes widen when he saw two older than him guys. One furious the other with absolutely no emotions on his face.

- I'm so sorry- he bowed 90° hoping the two would just let him go.

- OH SURE YOU ARE! GOSH PEOPLE LIKE YOU I HATE THE MOST..

Mingy didn't know what to do. He was even more scared than before, his eyes started to water when he heard another voice, this time much calmer, which surely belonged to the second guy.

- Coups let it slide...

- And why should I?

- He doesn't have a uniform.

- So?

- He's new. Am I right?

Mingyu couldn't speak so he just nodded lightly.

- See? Just let him be. By the way where were you heading to?

- The headmaster office, but I got lost and kinda panicked.

- We'll take you there- the 'angry' guy spoke up and on the face of the previously emotionless one a small and soft smile could be seen.

Mingyu thanked them and reached the said place in no time.

***

 

The very next day he went to school he again had to visit headmaster's office so he could assign a person to take him around the school.

- Hmm.. most 1st years are on a school trips right now so I have no other choice but to assign you a 2nd year. Maybe Wonwoo.. Well he's the class president... Ok. In 30 minutes go to the library and I'll inform him.

- Thank you sir.

- You're welcome, you can go now, that's all- principal smiled and got back to whatever he was doing.

After he left he wanted to go straight to the meeting point, however he didn't have a clue where the said place was. Once again he got lost and when he found his way he was already 15 minutes late. He entered quickly not wanting to be even more late. Red-faced, a little bit sweaty and out of breath he stood awkwardly not knowing how his hyung looked like. While looking around he noticed the 'angry' hyung and unintentionally they made a small eye contact. Mingyu bowed politely and the other just waved at him laughing at his awkwardness. Next thing he saw was his hyung making a hand gesture and inviting him to his table.

- Hi there new one!

- Uh.. um hi hyung

-Oh I believe I didn't introduce myself the last time. I'm Choi Seungcheol but you can call me S.Coups.

- Oh! I'm Kim Mingyu, nice to meet you hyung- he smiled sincerely since he felt a bit more comfortable with the other.

- I actually wanted to apologize to you for how I acted. I just really hate when people make others lives harder and I was really stressed that day so I kinda made it all infect you. Sorry.

- It's okay I guess, now that I understand.

- Oh! Here goes your tour guide.

- Ha Ha Ha. How funny you are Coups hyung. Anyways I'm Jeon Wonwoo and principal assigned me to take you around the school.

- Nice to meet you hyung. My name is Kim Mingyu and I'm extremely grateful for your help.

- Today or the last time witch Seungcheol hyung?- he smiled widely looking at his older friend who was now flushed.

- Hey I apologized!

- Yeah but you also almost made Mingyu cry yesterday. Whatever. Let's go, shall we?

- Yeah, see you around Seungcheol hyung.

- Have a nice trip and behave- he smiled mysteriously and watched the two leave the room.

The school was huge for a high school. The corridors were long and some of them looked like copied and pasted from any horror movie. Mingyu was 100% sure he won't ever be able to remember where were the main points.

- Mingyu. Mingyu! Earth to cute first year!- Wonwoo couldn't hold back his smile upon the younger's flushed face- Did you listen to anything I said?

- Sorry hyung I was lost in my thoughts. Btw how can you not get lost in this place? It's so huge I'll need at least 10 more tours to just remember the toilets- Mingyu cried out and pouted.

- Don't worry you'll eventually get it and if you ever get lost you can always ask any student for help.

- Yeah I guess...

- If you want to we can meet after school at the cafe next to the main gate and I can draw you a simple map?

- Hyung are you asking me out?- the younger smiled teasingly.

- Keep dreaming princess.- said Wonwoo also smirking as they continued to walk, now in awkward silence, younger with bright red face.

- Would you want me to ask you out?- asked the older after a while.

Mingyu's eyes widen and he made a 'fish face'. The question was too sudden for him, but what took his voice from him was that he wanted it to happen. He saw the older two times and he had to admit he developed a tiny little crush on him. The way he helped him with Cheol hyung, his sense of humor, kind yet teasing nature and Holy Jisoos his looks. The way his eyes sparkled, how he had sweater at least size too big to hide his hands in sweater paws and his fragile yet well structured body.. Overall he was into older to the moon and back. But at the same time he was also scared. What if he'll laugh about his crush, and the question was just a joke?  What if really he's a jerk and he'll turn his school life in a very unpleasant way? From his every second darker thoughts snapped him out a beautiful, low laugh.

- You think too much about it- he smiled- ! It's so late already? I have to go for my next class. See you after school...

Mingyu watched him turn around at his heel an leave when suddenly his brain lost control over his body due to heart (or hormones?).

- Wait hyung!- he said rather loudly and ran up a bit to catch up. The other turned his upper body to him and smiled.

- Forgot something?

- I um...- Mingyu blushed like crazy.

- You?

- It's... it's nothing, thank you and see you hyung.

Wonwoo smirked at the younger, who was now back-facing him and trying to escape.

- Mingyu!

- Y...yes hyung?

- Consider it as me asking you out!

And there he was. Standing in the middle of unknown corridor dumbfounded and without knowledge where he was. And as for a totally lost person he was a really happy one.

FIN

 

word count 1269