END

Little Did They Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m telling you, I’ll invite her to lunch and you’ll see!”

 

“Yeah, of course you will”

 

Seulgi pouted at her best friend’s reply coupled with a very obvious sarcasm. Wendy only rolled her eyes when the latter kept barking out her plans.

 

Just when the duo were bickering (well, mostly the spits of fire that came from Seulgi who only received groans in return), a faint lock sound merged from the bear’s back that alarmed both of them.

 

Turns out, it was the person who became their topic in the first place,

 

the person who everyone believed that will never end up with Seulgi after all those countless attempts that they have witnessed before,

 

the person who Seulgi never expected to look abnormally adorable wearing a marginally huge round glasses while sporting a ponytail (but she did that),

 

the person who Seulgi is whipped with,

 

Bae Irene.

 

Seulgi, as she always was around the latter, was starstrucked.

 

Irene was fumbling with her locker obviously shy standing next to her admirer, she glances awkwardly from time to time, “uhm” she finally broke the silence, “i-is there something on my face?”

 

“you are so cute…” Seulgi said breathlessly as if Irene was the one responsible for the taking.

 

Irene blushed, Wendy facepalmed, but before she could pull her away from the scene from embarrassing herself, the bear took out a single rose from the side of her bag.

 

“for you” she smiled widely, exhibiting her signature eyesmile. The slight pink tint on her cheeks didn’t went unnoticed.

 

“t-thank you” was all Irene could say as she blushed deeper.

 

Silence once again made its checkmate and Seulgi just can’t bring herself in speaking, not when it’s just the start off the day and everyone is still fresh in their uniforms and makeup, albeit heavy or light,

 

and Irene (and of course in her very light make-up) definitely shut her up.

 

 “for God’s sake let’s not embarrass yourself more, class is starting!” Seulgi snapped when Wendy pulled her by her bag making her stumble back ward, “so sorry about that Irene, but yeah our class is starting”

 

“oh- wait! I- Irene!”

 

“y-yes?”

 

“just a quick reminder- I like you!”

 

She didn’t need a reminder,

 

No one even forgot about that.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Gahhh! I seriously forgot to ask her to lunch!” Seulgi wailed, burying her face in her arms on her table, “this is all because of you! why did you even pulled me away in the first place too early!”

 

“what?! Dude, you should be thanking my or else we’d be in detention by now!” Wendy fumed, “if I didn’t pull you away, you’d probably stone there even when Irene went away!”

 

“ahhhhhhhhasdfghjk”

 

“ssup? another fail attempt, bear?” her classmate, Joy appeared leaning down and patted Seulgi on the head.

 

“I haven’t even tried yet! Girl here pulled me too quickly!” Seulgi shoot her head up to face the latter with her bottom lip jutted out.

 

Said girl smacked her on the head, “I think it’s time for you to put that aside for the time being and let’s focus on the topic that Mr. Kim told us to present tomorrow” she continued earning a loud whine from both Seulgi and Joy.

 

“ugh don’t remind me that, he gave us such a short time to prepare” Joy grudgingly ripped the plastic wrapper of her sandwich open. “and we haven’t even find a partner for the topic”

 

Seulgi widen her eyes as she stood up after staring at Joy’s lunch.

 

“hey, where are you going?” Wendy shouted watching their bear dash out of the classroom.

 

“LUNCH!” she quickly replied before her whole figure disappeared.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“lemme guess, another encounter from that delulu bear?” the small girl, Yeri, sitting beside Irene questioned without even looking at the flushed Irene.

Who needed to? Everyone knew and one shouldn’t be weirded out when Seulgi started one, but keep failing to have something what she had hope in return from Irene in the public’s eyes.

 

She had countless of them,

 

from a simple “hi”, “you’re so adorable”, “I like you”, “how can you look so pretty?” and other possible compliments one can ever think of,

 

to actions like giving a flower daily (that the entire school would think that they’re already enough for Irene to have a whole garden), serenading in the hallway in front of everyone (thank God Seulgi is an amazing singer) and staying back near their school gate just to say goodbye to her (in which Seulgi received a scowling from Wendy sometimes for being late to their study group).

 

It sounded ridiculous, really, and very delusional for Seulgi to have this kind of maneuver, but it she isn’t crazy.

 

There’s a lot of girls and boys who had been hitting up on Irene and Seulgi noticed that, but she wasn’t the one to compete physically. They only encouraged her to keep going.

 

Seulgi wasn’t only known as Irene’s super admirer, but she’s also known for the gentle, kind and heart-warming teddy bear (considered she looks like one).

 

Her schoolmates did made fun of her but in a friendly way and Seulgi just laughed it off.

 

Everyone knows, including Irene.

 

“don’t call her that… that’s not nice” Irene nudged her, she had to do that once in a while because Yeri wasn’t called the loud one for nothing.

 

“Ow! Oh now you’re siding her? OH MY GOD DON’T TELL ME YOU’VE FALLEN FOR HER???”

 

“don’t scream in the cafeteria- and I-“

 

“IREEEENEEEE!!” a loud (rather enthusiastic) call was heard cutting her off.

 

“well speak of the devil,” they both turned their head to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter