Catch Them

Gotta Catch'em All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Take a left here, and go really slow,” a man shouts from the back seat of Kyungsoo’s car. “And when I say slow, I mean really slow – like 1 mile per hour kinda slow.”

 

“But this is a neighborhood,” Kyungsoo says, trying not to sound rude to his customer. “It seems a little weird to be riding slowly past homes at 1 a.m.”

 

“There’s a Rattata nearby that I can transfer to get some candy and evolve one of my other Rattata,” the man replies as if it is the most normal thing to say.

 

Kyungsoo shrugs it off, trying not to argue with his passenger to possibly get a good tip.

 

When he became and Über driver, he was not expecting to stay out all night with customers looking for Pokémon in strange parts of town.

 

But soon after he got the job and began making some side cash when he wasn’t busy, the game came out and changed everything.

 

Normally he would have a few teens in the afternoon needing rides to parks or malls where they could walk around and catch the Pokémon on their phones, but the man in the back seat of his car is different than the others.

 

He is out past midnight looking for Pokémon and Kyungsoo did not sign up for this.

 

Normally he is in bed by this time of night, or close to it. He certainly was not expecting to be out this late with a customer, and he is not sure how to casually tell the customer he wants to go home.

 

But it all started normally.

 

He got the notification and picked up this man – Jongin, as he introduced himself – at around 5 in the afternoon, thinking maybe the man needed a ride to the mall when he spoke about Pokémon Go.

 

Kyungsoo had not been expecting a five-hour ride.

 

Although, the money is going to be good.

 

Since they have been riding around for hours, the cost of the trip is almost 7 times the amount Kyungsoo usually makes in a given day as an Über driver.

 

And it’s all thanks to Pokémon Go.

 

“Wait, stop!” Jongin yells, reaching a hand out to grasp at Kyungoo’s seat, startling him. “I’m trying to get a Kingler and he’s being a little .”

 

Kyungsoo pulls up to the curb, trying not to be suspicious. He looks around, realizing almost everyone is asleep at this time of night. He hopes no one really notices them, but knows that probably isn’t the case. He also wishes that he could be them; that he could be snuggled up in his bed asleep right now – but that doesn’t look like the case.

 

Kyungsoo clasps a hand over his mouth as he yawns for the nth time. He tries not to make it obvious, because he still wants to be professional about it, but he is not so good at that.

 

“Hey, are you tired?”

 

Kyungsoo widens his eyes as he turns around, looking at the male in his back seat.

 

“N-No, I’m fine,” Kyungsoo replies.

 

“I was hoping that we could continue this for a few more hours…” Jongin says, his voice trailing off. “But if you’re tired…”

 

“No,” Kyungsoo says, stopping him. “I’m fine.”

 

“Are you sure?” Jongin asks.

 

“Yes,” Kyungsoo says, nodding as he does so.

 

“Then would you like to at least stop to get some coffee or something at a 24 hour shop?” Jongin asks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter