000

Habits: A Life Post-Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Habits were meant to be formed from someone’s routine.

                For her, it was her way to keep her life balanced. Habits were the small things that could make her life has its own meaning. It was her way of finding comfort in a big moving city like Seoul –in the middle of hectic schedules and no privacy kind of life. It was some kind of rope for her to hang on, like those safety buoy to keep her afloat. And he used to be part of it. He used to be included in her routine, so it was automatic that her habits used to be influenced by his presence on her life. No, he was habits in the form of a human –someone who could be her comfort, and someone to hold on to.

                And then, there were habits that she picked up after he left.

                It wasn’t easy at first, it was like losing a big part of her comfort zone. And he didn’t even exactly left. Why would he left when he never stayed in the first place? He was just partially there, and she was always afraid of the effect he could ignite with just half of his presence. But time goes on, and she couldn’t deny the fact that he really was not hers to keep anymore. She had picked up a certain habit of trying to be as independent as she could –and some minor things like the change in her music taste, favorite books, favorite flavors. Her body tried really hard to adjust to the emptiness her heart felt, and having to alter her mind not to think of him every few minutes had been a torture for her.

                For the longest time of her life, he had been there. She was a trainee for seven years, seeing everyone came in and out. She had seen the way her friends debuted, or just left –success and failures. She had seen it all. But when he came, a very young boy, her world seemed to change. He succeeded on turning her head every time he came. With his dance –and his natural talent, something she didn’t have. With his heart –kindly helping her on her ballet, walking her home on late nights. With his playfulness –taking pictures on a photo-box together, eating street foods secretly. She had seen him growing up, watching from afar when he debuted –leaving her with a promise that she’ll soon follow his path, and when he became the new trend, became the nation’s sweetheart. She watched it all.

                He had always loved to read books. They used to read together –after practice, when she played to his house, in the bookstore (all huddled up in the corner to read free books). Book

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter