[FINAL]

Voice Message
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          It's on the fourth ring until Wonwoo finally heard the cue of the phone being picked up by the other line

 

          "Hello, thank you for calling Pledis17, my name is Kim Mingyu, How may I help you?" the monotonous voice of the phone operator on the other line greeted. Having to repeat the same line for the nth time in just a day made Mingyu's usually cheerful attitude a little bit lucklaster and dull, not to mention the previous customer before this that has the audacity to cuss at him. But don't get him wrong, he actually likes his job, nope, he likes to stay on his job because of the salary, that's why he's got no choice but to smile and act cheerful not because the customers can see them, but because all of their movements are being recorded by the CCTVs scattered in their office.

 

          "Hello mingyu-ssi, my name is Jeon Wonwoo" introduced by the guy on the other line. Mingyu immediately sensed the melancholic tone of the caller, as his low voice is somewhat raspy and faint, making Mingyu press the headphones on his ears a little to hear the other much clearly. Mingyu wonders what could be more depressing than his repititve and boring job? But he won't judge the other for that.

 

          "I'm trying to access my voicemail but I don't remember my pin number, can you help me?" the other continued

          "Oh, of course Wonwoo-ssi, we can pull up your account and update your pin number so we can retrieve it for you, if you could just just wait for a while?" 

           "Okay..." was all he replied in his shaky and somewhat hopeful voice before he turned in to a complete silence waiting for Mingyu to finish his work.

 

          It was silent for another minute or so from both sides until Mingyu got back on the line asking the other about his new pin and then he was done

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter