Valentine's Day

MJ Imagines

03/14/16.


It was that time of the year again. You weren't excited as usual. Another year without being noticed by your crush. You just watched as he leans on his locker just to read the letters they've sent him. He wasn't as enthusiastic as you remembered. He placed the letters back in his locker and left. You decided to follow him. You followed and followed until he abruptly stopped which lead to bumping against his back.

"Why are you following me?" He turned around and stared.
"You looked sad so... i followed you." You looked anywhere but infront. You were too nervous to say something infront of him.
"Why do you care?" This wasn't the same MJ that you used to know.
"Okay. We might not be friends anymore but i still care about you. I know i'm creepy but you've been grumpy since this morning. What's bugging you?" You crossed your arms and looked directly at him.
"Remember every 14th of February, you'll always give me something then afterwards we'll go out and act like a couple. I was waiting for you. You were always the first one who gives me something. Everytime you give me those letters and chocolates, i always wonder if you know how i feel for you. I've been giving you signs for the past 2 years and you didn't even notice. That's why i just gave up and stopped talking to you." He rubbed his face and groaned, mumbling 'stupid' every now and then.

You didn't know he felt that way. He didn't directly told you that he likes you but it feels like that. You were happy of course. You couldn't even say anything to him. 

"Do i even have a chance?" He asked. 
"I like you too." You blurted out. It was unexpected but he has to know.
"What?" You just stared at each other.
"I like you okay? I've liked you ever since you stepped foot in this school. It was that long. I thought i wouldn't have a chance with you since you have girls, way more prettier than i am, chasing you around and i just got insecure." You mumbled the last part and avoided his gaze. He stepped forward and grabbed both of your hands.
"You are the most beautiful girl i have ever seen and I am so luck that i get to see your beautiful face every day, even from afar." He cupped your cheeks and kissed your forehead softly.

"So.. do you really like me or am i dreaming?" He grinned. 
"I really like you, idiot." You rolled your eyes and smiled.
"Well then. This day didn't go as bad as i thought it would."