Final

Exact Words

“Were you lying?” He wasn't usually this forthcoming, and Eunji doesn't quite know how to deal with a persistent Kim Myungsoo.

 

“I wasn't lying,” she admitted, “I'm sorry. Were you offended?”

 

“A little. You said that you prefered him over me.”

 

“Noooo,” Eunji drawled slowly, “I said he was my ideal type.”

 

Myungsoo looked frustrated. It was a new look for him. “What's the difference?”

 

“You have to understand--we were talking about Sunggyu-oppa and L.”

 

I'm L!” His voice raised a pitch into falsetto.

 

“I'm not talking to L right now.” Eunji mumbled. L doesn't shriek or screech. L doesn't throw little temper tantrums when things don't go his way.

 

“They're the same person. I'm not bipolar!”

 

“You do sort of have an identity disorder though,” Eunji rubbed her chin, studying him like an interesting specimen.

 

“I do not!” His voice cracked at the last word. She couldn't help giggling at that.

 

“Okay, okay. But you have to admit L and Myungsoo are like two completely different people. L's not my type, to be honest.”

 

Myungsoo looked like she had just told him that his puppy had died.

 

“Everyone likes L,” he argued. “What's wrong with him?”

 

“Nothing! I'm just not attracted to L." She held up a hand when Myungsoo looked like he was about to argue again. "L is really cool, really manly, and yeah, he looks more god than man—but he's just... really cold, you know?”

 

“...Cold?”

 

“Frigid.” Eunji confirmed.

 

He looked a little ill at the revelation. She was surprised at that—could it be that he didn't know? People call him the Ice Prince, for goodness sake.

 

“You think I'm cold-blooded. I'm a reptile!” Myungsoo despaired.

 

“No, no! I just think you can come off... a little unapprochable sometimes, that's all.”

 

Eunji winded her arms around him in a comforting hug.

 

“For the record, I think Kim Myungsoo is much warmer and sweeter than L. I like him better.”

 

“You do?” He sounded so vulnerable, that she couldn't help but tuck his head under her chin and pet his hair.. even if it meant that his head was resting against her bossom.

 

“Of course I do! Myungsoo smiles a lot more than L too. And I happen to like your smile quite a lot." 

 

They stayed like that for a little while. Myungsoo bent awkwardly while he cuddled against her while she his hair and massaged his scalp in a calming fashion.

 

“Eunji?” He whined.

 

“Yes, oppa?” She answered sweetly.

 

“Can you call Sunggyu-hyung and tell him that he can go it?”

 

“Myungsoo!” Eunji chastised, but not before laughing hysterically about it for a full minute.

 

“He's been so full of himself 'cause a pretty idol chose him over L.” Myungsoo shifted so he could tilt his head and look at her face, instead of her clevage. (Not that he was complaining.)

 

“Oh, I made a big mess, didn't I?” Eunji shook her head, and her ponytail swished in response.

 

“It's all over the gossip sites.” Myungsoo said cheerfully. Eunji had to wince at the unnervingly fake smile he was wearing that meant he was very close to a breakdown.

 

L's breakdowns usually meant that he reverted back to Myungsoo, but Myungsoo's breakdowns meant a lot of screaming and threatening whoever had set him off.

 

“Who cares what people think? They don't know the truth.” Eunji laughed nervously.

 

The truth was this: They are kind off, sort off dating but haven't really put a labelled on it yet. Probably the most intimate moment they had so far had been captured and aired on television. She remembered the swimming pool; how she had been lying half on top of him and didn't even realized it—it was embarassing for her, but nothing compared to how uncomfortable it was for him.

 

He had told her so, when he cornered her alone and kissed her senseless. It was torture, he had mumbled against her lips, your wet clothes clinging to you while you were squirming on top of me—Eunji had parted his mouth with her tongue and swallowed the rest of his words.

 

She comes back to the present when Myungsoo, still in her arms, nipped a trail on her neck to her jaw. “You're mine,” he marks her with a searing kiss.

 

His declaration could be compared either to a child selfishly guarding a toy or a man jealously possesive of his lover; it could be a declaration from the chic man called L or the dork called Myungsoo, but Eunji finds that she doesn't care either way, so as long as he is all hers as much as she is completely, irrevocably his.