Beloved

Loveless

 

I see you every day I went to school. You’ve always had been soo cool that almost all are in favor of you. People treat you well even though you never ask them to. You never hated or disliked anyone you even said “I wish I was you guys” when you’re very oblivious to the fact that every person on school obviously wanted to be you. You always have those smiles that everyone likes and your eye smiles make them gaga all over you. Teachers never bother calling your name because they always knew that you would answer it straight on in a polite manner. You are a bookworm but nobody calls you a nerd adding the fact that you got the highest score in whole Seoul. Aside from your academic performances you also excel in sports, almost all sport clubs wanted you to be their captain, who wouldn’t? With your built body and your expertise I bet nobody can defeat you. Lastly your family owns a bakery that you yourself made the cakes and pastries which lead to a sold out store because of your crazy fan people.

 

And there is me, an “outcast” at least that’s what I think I am. I have a friend and unfortunately he is very popular because of his beauty, people think that I am just his bookworm for his assignments and projects. Most call me nerd others call me a bookworm just because I got the second rank around the school doesn’t mean I am a nerd , I didn’t even got in top 5 ranking in whole Seoul. Teachers bossed me around even though they know the fact that I am very clumsy. Nobody offered me what club to join and when I try pushing on a club they either tell me that I am I am under qualified or they got enough people on their team. The most unfortunate part for me was I got no one, no one to take care of me.

 

But now, you are standing in front asking me to be your boyfriend. How unfortunate I am to be a boyfriend of yours. Surely many wouldn’t tolerate this relationship. I don’t want to turn him down so I just ran away from him. I panted as I reach “house”. I walk through the dark room and shuffling to find the switch. The room lightens up as I lied directly to the couch. I closed my eyes and listen to my heart pounding rapidly. As I was thinking why should date him isn’t he the enemy? Why would I bother to get hurt physically and mentally? What is his reason for him to like me? He got everything that I wanted. Many questions came rooming my mind making hard for me to take or answer those unanswerable questions. I got tired and just slept in the couch not bothering changing my clothes.

 

The next morning came I went to my school having a headache those questions still didn’t set off. As took a step from the school grounds nasty looks intrigue me. I felt insecure. From the school yard to the school building everybody gave me the same look, even though I just sat on my chair doing my usual things mostly reading but same glares. I went to find my friend better yet asking him what had happened. I saw him walking in the hallway with his boyfriend. As they spotted me both gave me different looks my friend’s boyfriend, the one who has those cold piercing eyes gave me his vey famous death glare and my friend gave me a pity look which I didn’t understand. I strode closer to them and get things cleared up.

 

I ran as fast as I can. I can’t believe what I’ve heard, I ran through the rooftop thinking I could think for a plan I’ve already thought about transferring bit let’s see the turn out events. I open the door and found the bright light, the blue sky and the peaceful breeze of air prefect for thinking but then something outshined those factors.

 

You were there leaning and feeling those soft breeze, that’s what I saw from my view (which is the back). I need to get out of here how could I decide if the “problem” is here? I took a step back but I slipped from the puddle cause by the dripping pipe. My made contact with the floor and made me groan due to pain.

 

My loud “commotion” may caught his attention because as I was staring at the ground a bit cursing on it a something or should I say someone overshadowed the sun. I looked up, for a second readjusting from the sudden change of lighting and for a mere second I thought I saw a God. A God with a puffy eyes that made him vulnerable from his daily look. As I was wondering why your eyes puffy was a tear slid out of your eyes that panicked me.

 

I was shocked; you hug me as if it was your last second on earth.  The next thing shocked me more, you’ve said sorry even though you didn’t do anything wrong. As the time passes your sobs have gotten quieter. After you’ve regain your composure you finish your hanging statement when you we’re crying.

“Sorry, I’m really sorry. I rushed things too much but I just can’t handle my feelings.” you said eyes b again with tears.

“You don’t need to be sorry for what I’ve remembered I should be the one apologizing for running away and kept you hanging.” I said lowering my head and my voice.

He was about to say something but I spoke first.

“Do you know the feeling that the most popular person asked you to be a part of him?” I asked and when he was about to answer I spoke again.

“I felt scared you know that person always have people crowding around him and maybe if we became together those people would hurt me.” I said, after I’ve said it regain my confidence and look into your eyes with full of hope.

You chuckled which puzzled me. You pinch my cheeks and said:

“The whole school knows that I have a crush on you, even the principal knows if but you are so naïve, soo cute!” You said a bit exclaiming the last part and pinch my cheeks again.

“How could you like me, our level is very far.” I murmured but clearly you’ve heard it.

“I wanted to be just like you, a normal person not a person who is followed everywhere I go, a person who is favored every time.” You said breaking the tension.

“But how can this happen? How could Mr. nobody and Mr. popular be together and are we like enemies for making me a unsmart nerd?” I said word for word raising my voice a bit but it seems that he’s unaffected.

“I really like you and that’s all it matters. I don’t care what people say all I want to do is protect you. If you want, we could start over I don’t know you and you don’t know me too. Besides that we could share our knowledge together.” You said desperate I mean hopeful.

“Mmmm.” I said agreeing to the offer. I smiled at him and stretch out my arm.

We both shock hands but we were lost in the moment admiring how soft each other’s hand we forgot to introduce our self. I took my hand away we bowed together as I sign of respect.

“I’m Lee GiKwang”

“I’m Son DongWoon”

We both said in usion which sends us to small laughs and chuckles. We started again from the start but the only difference is there is someone would be by my side.

 

~THE END~

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Who knew who's who? comment below (: