Troublesome

Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


chapter 1 . troublesome

Dreams are for rookies, fantasies as well.

Why daydream when you already know nothing is ever going to happen like you imagined it? Unless you dream about cooking Asian tomorrow.

I embrace the purpose of God and the doom assigned. 

She put her phone down, taking in the silence as all the others in the room were occupied with their own cellphones, not glancing up once.

"What is this even?" she commented annoyed and looked at the time, just then the other young adults, three in total, snapped their heads the girl's way. Another female nodded, jumping off. "You're right, I only have two hours left to get ready."

"I didn't mean-" but the latter already walked past her. Moonhee just shrugged and sunk deeper into the couch, pursing her lips in the process. "Actually, I'll might take even longer." but she heard Soohyang already shout loudly from their room. Moonhee got up and pointed the door's way while walking out of the living room.

Both boys, Jaehyo and Yongguk, looked after her, sighing and giving their phones their whole attention again.

"Girls."

Meanwhile Soohyang just sighed as she the light, opening her wardrobe and lighting up the closet as well. Now this was a mess. Just then Moonhee arrived as well. "What?"

Soohyang pulled out a few dresses. "I'm so excited but I don't have anything to wear for our little chap."

"Our little chap," she paused and took the dresses from Soohyang, laying them down on her small bed, "is nineteen and graduating today." Soohyang chuckled and looked around like a lost pup before pulling out more clothes. "I'm protective nevertheless."

Moonhee could only snort. "She looks more after you than you do." the other girl just huffed. "Don't make me mad, ." There was a short break before both started chuckling, Moonhee speaking up first. "You know I love to do that."

Both stepped away from the bed to take a look at the neatly placed dresses. Moonhee shook her head. "Okay, so, you can't wear the green one," she picked it up and gave it over to Soohyang, "why did you buy it again?"

"I loved the shape and fashion and just - shut it." Soohyang hung it back and looked at her best friend, awaiting her next choice. Moonhee pointing at three black dresses. "The black ones? I especially love this short cocktail dress, you could wear those golden heels to it, it would look so beautiful!"

Nodding she watched how Moonhee took the dress into her hands she talked about before helping Soohyang putting the rest back into her closet. Soohyang turned off the light again and smiled. "I'll quickly put on my make-up, tell Jaehyo to hurry, too, I need get to the drugstore before we go over to Ash's school."

"But don't forget to eat, we'll be drinking tonight, I don't want you to throw up again." Moonhee warned, raising a finger. Soohyang took her finger and pushed it down. "Star, how could I, out of everyone, forget to eat, like seriously."

Moonhee let out a dulcet laugh before leaving her room. "Alright, sweetie. And I'll tell Jaehyo."

"Thank you, Star." Soohyang stared at her lovingly, a little more meaning behind her words - the addressed woman's heart melted at the sincere smile of her friend. She mimicked her smile before leaving her side for good.

-

Soohyang groaned, crooking her back as her step-brother and her exited the car, the other two left in the back of the car.

"I've been up until four tonight, I'm finally done watching the fourth season of the show I'm on, now I need to wait for more episodes." both of them entered the drugstore, Jaehyo looking around. "What are you watching? The Adam's family?"

It did not take Soohyang long to get his joke and slap the back of his head with a strong hit. "You're the brother I never wanted, like honestly - just off, I don't want you."

"I can't help that our parents ."

"Oh god, please just die. Don't mention things like that." Soohyang held her temple helplessly as movies played in her mind. Jaehyo laughed and soon Soohyang could only smile. Jaehyo grabbed something before putting it back. "What do you need from here anyway?" his sister did the same without even noticing what he did. "I need a few new make-up things, especially golden eyeshadow, I have none so far, and I have some golden jewelry on right now, so. And I need cigarettes, for Jay too. Oh, yes, and chewing gum."

Jaehyo shook his head, trailing after her to the make-up section. "Sounds like something you could've done when Ash and Jin went shopping." Soohyang turned her head a little, glancing at him. "Wow, pardon me for trying to apply for three jobs that day." Jaehyo fell silent then, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, um, did you already got an answer?"

She nodded light-heartedly. "Yes, two didn't want me, I'll stay a weirdo forever and subsist on things like begging." Soohyang shrugged when she arrived at her destination, exhaling. "So..." slowly she pointed at one brand. "I have a lot of other eyeshadows from here, what would a like you might choose."

"You're lazy." he hummed, bending forward to check out all the gold-shimmery shades. Soohyang's jaw dropped, kicking his thigh from the side. "I can't see it, you retard."

Both laughed anyway and Jaehyo lifted one up. "This one doesn't look as cheap as all the others. Anything more?" Soohyang nodded and walked over to a little cheaper brand, picking up a small tube of foundation. "Done."

Jaehyo nodded the exit's way. "Well, well, then let's leave, I still need to meet a girl after Ash's graduation." Soohyang rolled her eyes playfully, strutting down the aisle with her high heels scratching the floor. "Of course, my lovely brother has a date again."

"Ew, as if this is a date. We meet and , don't you know me?" he threw her a meek smile and Soohyang tucked her hair behind her ear. "Sorry, for a second I forgot you're a huge ."

They passed a grown man who gazed at Soohyang as if he wanted to devour her in one bite, smugly smiling at her. Once he was out of sight they walked behind an older woman, stopping in the line. "Gross." Soohyang spat, snorting before grabbing two big packs of red Marlboros. "I hope he'll be there in time." both watched as the conveyor belt moved forward with their chosen objects, Jaehyo looking her way. "Who?"

"Well, Jay? He told me to get some because he was busy the whole day and had no cigarettes. He's probably shivering and panting all over, I just want to watch it." she grinned evilly and the young man behind her could only shake his head. "How cute you are, you're so besties."

Soohyang greeted the cashier politely, pulling out money from her wallet. "He's almost your age, how is that cu-"

"Excuse me, how old are you? Can I see your ID?" the woman asked while batting her eyelashes and Soohyang's eyes shifted over to her, raising both brows questioningly. "What? Do I look like twelve to you?" Jaehyo sighed loudly, "God, just give her your damn ID."

Soohyang scoffed but did as told, having the woman behind the small counter threw her a slight glare. In the end they paid quickly, the cashier smiling professionally. "Have a nice day!"

Both turned around, Soohyang leaving her spot first. "Oh, I damn will." Jaehyo laughed as he caught up with her fast pace. "Watching you in rage is like a really good sitcom, just that it's real and there's no laughter in the back."

"Some people just really need to get their together, I've already been here, bought cigarettes and paid while that was on her shift. Stupid people." Soohyang growled annoyed and the two of them wandered across the parking lot until they arrived at the car again. Soohyang got into the driver's seat again, starting the engine as Jaehyo closed the door. She moved the car sharply out of the parking lot, turning the wheel with her palm smoothly. "You need to help me with the eyeshadow once we're at the school." Moonhee looked up shortly and threw her a smile before continuing to text someone. "Of course."

Yongguk took Moonhee's hand into his, kissing her knuckles. "Have they answered yet?"

Moonhee locked her phone and placed it in her lap, looking at her boyfriend. "I only texted Jin." He shook his head, smiling. "No, no, where you work. Do you have the job, did you get the photo shoot?" her gorgeous smile faltered, softly compressing her lips. "Oh, yeah. No, they - well, I don't. They said the face just didn't fit."

Squeezing her hand Yongguk his lips, shaking his head. "How can a face not fit, what the actual ? You're an angel sent from above! Look at your face for a second, how can it not be wanted?!" Moonhee shyly blushed, looking away. "Don't flatter me, hon. You know how I am."

"And that's exactly why I need to tell you every day." his voice quieted down before Yongguk leaned over and softly kissed her lips, making Moonhee smile against them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter