Chapter 3

❣ Change Of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When did this even happen?” Your friend asked as you showed her a picture from you and Baekhyun together with his parents from the family party. A sour smile came on your face as you shrugged your shoulders before locking your phone again and putting in back into your pocket. “I don’t know, it just did.” You said and you knew that she wasn’t buying it. You had never talked about Baekhyun to her before, if you had been into him than she would have known that. It that you couldn’t just tell her the truth, you hated lying to your best friend. It wasn’t like you couldn’t trust her, but you knew that Baekhyun would kill you if you would tell her and that if one person knew that in no time the whole school would figure it out. It was better if you would just keep this a secret, at least if you wanted this to work out. The two of you fell silent, she knew that you were keeping something from her but she wasn’t the kind of person to drag everything out of you, so she didn’t ask anything. You closed your locker after you had grabbed your pen case and shot her a smile. 

 

 

“No idea, we just started talking and then we exchanged numbers. One thing led to another and now we’re dating.” You explained and you could see it in her eyes that she didn’t believe a single word of what you were saying. But friendly as she was she just nodded and went along with your story. This had been the best thing you had been able to come up with. This whole situation was just weird and odd, so it wasn’t easy to find the perfect excuse for it. But you considered that as long if Baekhyun didn’t change his part of the story that the two of you would be fine and that there was a chance you’d be able to get away with it. Though you wouldn’t be surprised if you would mess this up, you weren’t a very good lier. “But what about Lay?” She asked and eyed the hot boy who was stepping down the hall, another new girl hanging on his arm. You couldn’t help but stare at him as he walked by and when he looked back at you and sent a wink your way you felt your cheeks warm up. 

 

 

For as long as you could remember you had had a major crush on the kingka of the school. Of course, it was a cliche, you were the girl who would never be able to get him but kept your hopes up, believing that the things that happened in stories would maybe happen to you someday, but it wouldn’t if you’d stop believing. The problem was that you were too tuff to confess that you liked him, you didn’t want anyone to know that just like all the other girls in this school you were totally into him. You wanted to show off as if you were different from all those other girls, so you pretended as if you didn’t notice him. Though each time he looked at you or he walked your way, your heart would try and jump out of your chest, as if it was directing you towards him. He was charming, handsome and he was a bad boy, all those things which told you that he was no good and you shouldn’t let yourself get fooled by him, but it was too late. You had already fallen and you were only waiting for him to catch you. But the problem was that he always had someone, after he broke up with his girlfriend he would already find someone else, and that someone was never you.

 

 

“Seems like you’re not entirely over him yet.” Your friend said as she also closed her locker and you sniffed at her before you walked towards your classroom together. “Yes I am! I was just looking at the girl, poor thing.” But your mind was screaming to you that you wanted to be in her shoes, you wanted to spend your day with Lay instead of her. When you saw Baekhyun coming towards you, you quickly pushed those thoughts away. It was time to focus, to continue the game and pretend as if everything was normal and this was how it was supposed to be. “Hey babe.” He said with a cheesy smile and you suppressed the need to roll your eyes at him by smiling back. “Hi.” You stiffened when he bowed closer to you and pressed his lips on yours for a quick peck, just to show the people in the hallway that you were intimate with each other and you were together. Immediately you felt awkward and you could see that Baekhyun was feeling the same way. He was standing beside you, no idea what to do with himself but you could see that actually he didn’t want to be here. You wondered if his mind was with his boyfriend right now, who he actually wanted to be with instead of being with you. 

 

 

The fact that everyone seemed to have someone real instead of you, made you feel a little lonely. You weren’t aware of the disappointed look on your face until your friend put her hand on your shoulder and gave you a concerned look. “Are you okay? You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter