Today

Something

Taeyang stood on the balcony of Seunghyun's villa. All of the members were there to congratulate Seunghyun on completing  his new movie, Out of Control and because Top had not been able to be there for Youngbae's birthday party, they were celebrating again. Taeyang sipped on the wine Seunghyun had handed him with a little bit of a fussing because both knew Taeyang would not touch alcohol unless someone encouraged him to do so. The younger member thought once again how different him and his hyung had been from the start. Since they had met in their debut days, Taeyang remembered thinking him and Big Seunghyun were not going to get along. Seunghyun was messy and un organized. He did not fold his clothes and he smoked, the worst of all. Taeyang would always scold him and make him feel bad about even thinking to light one in their dorm. That was why Seunghyun and Jiyong would always just go out to the back of their dingy dorms and smoke in the quiet night and early sunrise. Taeyang did not know how he had not killed Seunghyun during those times because the oldest hyung always did everything to itritate him, always leaving his clothes on their shared floor, leaving dishes dirty and never trying hard enough in practice or breaking their strict diets by sneaking off to buy something from the convenience store down the street.

"Youngbae-ah!" Jiyong called out, disrupting Taeyang's train of thought. He looked back inside to see Jiyong sitting next to Seunghyun, fussing over how the candles should be placed on the heavy frosted cake. Seungri and Daesung were in the kitchen, bickering over what plates from Seunghyun's wide collection they should use. Daesung just smiled as he kept on indulging the youngest member because everyone knew Daesung would agree to whatever Seungri wanted, like an older brother did to an adorable spoiled little sibling. Seungri walked into the living room, bringing plates and Dae followed with more wine glasses and another wine bottle, three already unopened on Top's coffee table- mostly thanks to their crazy hyung. 

"What is it, Ji?" Taeyang asked as he sat across form his hyungs but knew he wasn't getting a response anymore because Jiyong was too caught up in Seunghyun, giggling over the decorating his hyung was putting on the cake with blue frosting, there was what was suppose to be a microphone and then a smiley face and Seunghyun was currently trying to write happy birthday in english. Jiyong laughed even harder and hid his smile in Seunghyun's shoulder as his lithe body shook with happiness as Seunghyun spelled 'HAPPY BIRDDAY'. "Bird? Seriously?" Taeyang asked exasperated as Seunghyun grinned at his masterpiece, awfully proud.

Taeyang couldn't help but stop scowling as he saw his hyung's famous dimples show up as he looked forward, hand smeared with frosting. "You like it, Sol?" The other smiled.

"I love it." Seunghyun's eyes sparkled and he set the frosting down, liking the frosting off his fingers.

"Ah." Jiyong said as he opened his mouth and it was as if Seunghyun was just waiting for Jiyong to have done that because he offered one of his fingertips to Jiyong, placing it on his pink tounge and Jiyong it clean, grinning as he pulled back. Taeyang felt this awkwardness settle in him as he saw the little interaction between his two hyungs. Sometimes he didn't know if his hyungs were actually dating or they did just not know that boundaries existed. There were always little moments like this that made Taeyang question this 'friendship' between Jiyong and Seunghyun. Before he could do anything else, Seungri plopped himself beside him and Daesung sat on the arm of the sofa Seunghyun and Jiyong sat on. Taeyang brushed off his weird thoughts as he saw Daesung smile down at Seunghyun and the hyung grinned back, resting his hand on Dae's thigh. All of them were very affectionate with eachother, there was nothing going on between his hyungs, Taeyang rationalized. Everyone was just being really affectionate because Seunghyun was back and it was always weird not having him nearby for such a long time. 

The members sang Taeyang happy birthday, with Seunghyun bellowing out some of the notes and Seungri pouted because no one wanted to hear him sing the song by himself so he could show of his vocal talent like the hyung had. Daesung took a selfie of himself with them in the background, Jiyong pressing a kiss to the top of Taeyang's head and Seungri smiling as Seunghyun held him in a chokehold, Daesung's eye smile bright as always. 

They ate the cake in a companiable silence, Jiyong sometimes stealing some food from Seungri's plate and Daesung filling up Seunghyun's sweet tooth with scooping more ice cream onto his plate. The silence was disrupted when Seungri grinned and said,"Hyung, do you have a kissing scene with Cecilia in this movie?" 

Seunghyun smiled. "You'll need to go see the movie, kid."

"Yah! I am not a kid!!" Seungri pouted and shoved another piece of cake in his face. Jiyong scowled at him.

"Yes you are." He looked back at Seunghyun and Taeyang noticed how all his features softened for the other man. "Did it take nine hours to rehearse like your other kiss scene?" Jiyong sounded so small and quiet.

Seunghyun glanced at him and reached over, brushing his hand over Jiyong's blonde locks, "No, not this one."

Jiyong smiled back. 

Taeyang finished his plate and offered to take the other's dirty dishes to the kitchen. Seunghyun offered to help since Taeyang was, technically, the birthday boy.

"I really missed you hyung." Taeyang said, half jokingly as he let the dishes soak in the sink. Seunghyun laughed as he handed him more.

"Aw, I missed you guys too." He patted Taeyang's back as he said so. "That letter you wrote me really helped me." Seunghyun rested his elbow on the counter as he watched Taeyang scrub at the plates, soapy water everywhere. "I kept on remembering when you made us pray before our big concerts when we barely started, and how you told me on the phone that you were thankful to God for letting you have your tour. I remember you reading your bible before going to sleep when we shared bedrooms."

Taeyang was now fully looking at him, hands hovering over the sink, water dripping.

"And, for the first time in my life I actually prayed. I never really focused on being religious, I never was told to believe in a higher being or that someone up there was looking over me. But one night I was too tired, too drunk and too lonely and I looked up at my ceiling, and said: God, thank you. Thank you for everything. And I asked him for my members' health. I talked to God, and in that moment I regretted not thinking about him earlier "

His hyung was looking up at him, still leaning on his elbows and Taeyang felt like the most important thing in the world under that gaze, felt the power of his hyung's look.

Taeyang looked away, feeling a rush of emotions that he could not label properly. He felt this warmth that he had felt during his first kiss, felt the same emotions when he had held a girl's hand for the first time and so Taeyang did not know why those feelings were resurfacing at a time like this. He looked out of the corner of his eye and saw Seunghyun was gazing away, staring intently at nothing. Taeyang took the chance to recompose himself and dried off his hands, not even bothering to clean the rest.

"I'm glad you found comfort in Him. God never leaves one who has showed him faith." Taeyang said and smiled at his hyung, genuinely happy that he had found this trust in a higher deity, something that could not leave him even when none of the other members were nearby.

Seunghyun looked back at him, his face open and readable. "I think I found comfort in your words rather than God, himself. But, thank you." He grinned his sheepish grin and straightened up, fully facing Taeyang. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for your birthday, hopefully this can make up for it."

The oldest one took out a small box, a jewelry box and handed it to Taeyang, he frowned but took it. He opened it and it was a golden ring with the insignia of suns imprinted around the band. Taeyang took out the thick metal and slipped it on the left finger of his right hand. He admired the careful work of the ring, the intricate details of the multiple small suns.

Taeyang looked up smiling. Seunghyun grinned, and grabbed Taeyang's right hand, holding it between them both. "This is to remind you that you have always been our bright sunshine and our fans' as well. You have helped us all out through tough times and especially me. That letter helped me out so much." The hyung reached out and hugged Taeyang.

The other one was taken aback but quickly returned the embrace. "I just want you to be happy, hyung." He hid his smile into the shoulder he leaned his head on. Seunghyun hugged him tighter before pulling back, resting his hands on the other's shoulders, looking down at Taeyang. 

"Don't worry about me." Taeyang smiled a bit sadly, knowing his hyung was a man of very few words and rather kept all his little dark thoughts to himself, often causing himself harm instead of telling the members.

"We all love you so much. You can tell us anything, we won't judge." Taeyang felt that same warm feeling again. His gaze fell to Seunghyun's lips but then went quickly back up, worrying that he had been caught.

His hyung gave him a little smirk but then there was this sad look in his eyes, his smirk disappearing. "Yeah..."

It seemed like he wanted to say more, but Seunghyun stepped back, his hands leaving Taeyang's shoulders. "I know that. I know I can count on any of you." He fleetingly touched Taeyang's right hand again. "I hope you liked it."

Taeyang smiled. "Of course. Thank you, hyung."

Seunghyun smiled and left the kitchen, chancing one last glance at the younger man as the other stared down at his gift.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I honestly do not know where the hell this was going. I had a clear picture of it but then I lost it. :/ I'm sorry if it was a ty story because tobae definitely needs more fanfics. That ship is something. Hahaha (´∀`) but I don't know if I should keep on going with it or what. :) I will try to update Angels and l'autre femme. I have been putting them off for too long