Final

It no longer matters

All the drama started when a rather shocking piece of news had reached my ears. My friend had called me ' fat ' and ' ugly ' behind my back and when questioned by my cousin, righteously proclaimed that it was the truth.

I understand that I could not please anyone but why talk like this behind my back. Why could you not do it infront of my face since it is the truth like you proclaimed ? Someone once told me that if you dare say anything about something or someone , you must also be able to bear the responsibilty of your actions when you have been caught red-handed. Just because you are 12, it does not excuse you for your words that have been uttered without much thought for my feelings and yet filled with malice at the same. Does it mean that just because you have a mouth , you are able to sprout nonsense just as you please.

Yet when you were caught and questioned by your parents in front of all of us,you had the audacity to admit that you could not remember anything of that sort.There is no such thing as you cannot remember.You either said it or you did not.When you mention that you cannot remember, all the more shows that you did it yet pretended not to remember what you have said. I have to say that i could give you and your parents an award for excellent acting. You think you can fool all of everyone present but in reality your plan backfired.

Your mother forced you to apologize to me.But how is it possible that even though you apologized,the wound in my heart could not seem to mend ?  I could not even sense the sincerity in your 'apology'.If you were so unwilling,you might as well not apologize.I did not force you to apologize to me. Do not even think that sick pathetic excuse of an apology will win me over and that we are back to being the bestest of friends. Once you decided to utter those words behind my back , i have no longer regarded you as a friend of mine.You do not deserve my friendship and my tears.

After the 'Apology',your mother had to simply make matters even worse right? She had humiliated me infront of so many people, justifying the reason why her daughter had called me 'fat' and 'ugly'. She exclaimed to eveyone that since last year was when her daughter called me those names, it was during my O level peroid. And here i thought you mentioned that you don't remembered calling me those names? In addition she shouted out that " You were indeed fat last year, some more overweight by eight kilograms". I could not help but feel attacked as she,my 'friend's' mother was easily thirty years my senior, and here she was blatently insulting me infront of a crowd. Imagine the emotions that I went through even though i was the victim in this incident , it seemed like her mission to make me look like i could be blamed for it.

Your mother kept repeating the fact that you were only twelve years old and that i should know them better that that since i have known you for 6 years. But do i really know you ? Do friends do this to each other and smile at each other like as if nothing had happened ? Everyone seemed to forget that i'm only seventeen and i have to put up with this kind of bull. Humiliation by an adult and outright bullying from a 12 year old. No one seemed to remember that it made me so sad.

I could not sleep for countless nights,fueled by so much sadness and anger brewing in me. Even though i stood up for myself, again and again I was trampled by your words. I cried for days thinking so lowly of myself like how you wished for me to be. How could you do this to me ? What did I do to deserve this kind of humiliation? I have been nothing but nice to you. I held your hand whenever you were in fear,offered you a shoulder for you to cry on when you were reprimanded and smiled at you as if i was looking at my own sibling. Is this how you repay my kindness? By stabbing me in the back,thinking just because your mother has your back that you could go scot-free. Apaarently our 6 years of friendship did not mean as much to you as it was to me and that just because you think you are all popular that you can just leave a great friend like this.

I have gone past the stage of being disappointed with you. Instead I have chosen to ignore you and your toxic family.Staying in close proximity with such people will corrupt me and that is not how I want to turn out to be. After all you and your family can go and be alone with such a superiority mindset. No one ould want to mingle with the like of your family after witnessing all of your family's true colours.

Well you have no one to blame but yourself and your family as it was you who had dug your own grave.