Goodbyes.

This time's different. (EXO Chanyeol Angst)

 

July 9th, 2016. Saturday.

 

 

He was mad again.

 

 

Why wasn't as important as what was going through her mind at that very moment.

 

 

Shoot. She thought. Here we go again.

 

 

She had been friends with Chanyeol for as long as she could remember, and he's always been the happy virus everyone came to know him as.

 

 

Except in times like this.

 

 

This was all too familar for her. He would be changing his tone, his gaze boring into her as if he could see right through her. And then as quickly as it happened, it would be over.

 

 

He isn't one to hold a temper for long, especially to those who he really cared about. In a few minutes time, after all the negativity, he will be back to his normal self.

 

 

It was the same old routine that happened everytime he would be getting into an argument with anyone close to him.

 

 

But today was different.

 

 

The feeling dragged on in her heart, and it made her feel empty.

 

 

"What are you thinking, Em?"

 

 

Chanyeol asked with a sigh. She recognized the tone. It meant that he was cooling down.

 

 

Emi continued to look at the man before her. His tone was lighter, and he seemed more solemn now.

 

 

Every time this happened, she'd reply with an apology. With every apology, she knew that that wasn't the answer he was hoping for. This time however, she felt numb. She felt like she could say anything, even of what she was thinking at the moment.

 

 

Even if it felt temporary.

 

 

"I'm going home."

 

 

The unfamiliar response made Chanyeol look up in confusion.

 

 

Wasn't this what he wanted, though? A real answer?

 

"O-ok. I'll take you home."

 

As if by instinct, he began cupping his pant pockets for his car keys before slightly stumbling up to gather his coat.

 

 

"I'm going home alone, Yeol."

 

 

With a slow, deep bow,

 

 

"See you tomorrow."

 

 

Chanyeol was usually the type to insist, as he was a very precise person. But this time, whether it be the unfamiliarity of the response or the shock that it gave, he simply stood there, watching as she exited the place.

 

 

By the time the door closed with a tight shut, he was still staring.

 

 

This wasn't right.

 

 

This wasn't how it was supposed to be.

 

.

 

She knew him well more than anyone, and she knew what she did was wrong.

 

 

Senseless, even.

 

 

She knew he tried his best not to lash out on his friends, for he wanted anything but to lose one.

 

 

Emi sighed and continued walking as she wondered how such a temporary thought

could change things so much.

 

.

 

Tomorrow came, but it was different.

 

 

She was different,

 

 

and the change grew more evident

 

 

as the day went on.

 

~

 

"Emi-ah, lets go get something to eat tonight."

"Maybe tomorrow, Chanyeol. I'm tired."

 

 

~

 

If tomorrow meant an indefinite forever, Chanyeol knew it was a goodbye.

 

 

She never called him by his first name. Ever.