Fin.

Out Of His League [One-Shot Request]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I don’t have any idea how monarchy works so please understand if I did something wrong in explainng in that part. I focus more on the love story part ^^ That’s all. Thank you.

(Third Person POV)

Once a upon a time...

The clock strikes 8:00 am and like every morning Mrs. Han, the eldest woman servant, walk in the dark room, opening the big curtains to let the ray of the sun sip through inside the room “Good Morning, Princess..” Mrs. Han said when she finish open the curtains, now standing close to the Princess’ bed..

The figure on the comfy bed started to stir awake “hmm Good Morning, Mrs. Han..” the Princess said, stretching her arms as she sat up on her bed.. She look outside her wide windows and she saw how nice the weather is today “Good Morning” she said with a smile.. That’s how Jieun’s, the princess, morning always starts..

On the other hand, at the same time.. The guy wearing his favorite black leather jacket and black beanie was already on his way to his work place.. He look around before he went inside the abandoned building.. “Good Morning, Suga.. How’s your morning so far?” The guy typing away on his computer said “Not good..” Suga said as he get a mug and pour a hot coffee in it “Do you have to ask, V? What do we expect from the man who don’t know the word ‘fun’” the guy who’s busy with the dumbels said “That sounds funny coming from you, Chim?” the youngest said who’s just sitting on the couch..

Suga sit beside him “Do they have work for me?” Suga ask the leader who has papers on his hands and desk “Well, we receive a letter yesterday..” Suga finally felt alive then he come closer to their leader “Who is it from, Rapmon?” Suga ask as he took the letter that Rapmon give to him “The King..” Rapmon said and everyone suddenly stopped from what they’re doing and all look to them.. Silence fill the air until “Guys we got food!” two more members come in with convinient store food.. “Ya! Jin! Why did you let me hold all of this?!” The other guy who holds all the plastic bags complain to the older one.. “Shut up, J-hope! What’s happening?” Jin ask when he notice everyone was silent..

Suga finish reading the letter “..I got a job from the King” Suga said as he lift the letter with blank reaction still.. “Wow.. well, that’s the first..” Jin said and everyone agreed.. “What work specifically?” Jungkook ask and everyone waited for Suga to answer “A bodyguard.. to the princess..”

(Jieun POV)

Since the weather today is really good, I decided to spend my day under the shade of the old tree on the palace’s garden.. I was reading one of the book that my mother gave me.. She gave it to me at my 18th birthday, she said that I’m gonna learn something from it but as I started to read it, it was about “Romance”.. At first I don’t understand it because I’ve never experience being in love but as time goes by, I started to enjoy reading it and slowly the concept of being in a romantic relationship makes me wonder how it feel.. How does falling in love feels? I haven’t tried meeting a boy since I don’t go out much.. I only met a few princes from other countries but I’ve never felt anything than being friendly to them..

All my life, I’ve only been inside the Palace but I sometimes go outside, not for too long though.. My father is very protective over me and I understand that.. I’ve accept the fact that I have to stay inside the Palace for my own safety.. The Palace is big enough anyway, my tutors teach me in a classroom in the second floor and it still feels like I’m going to school but the difference is, I have no classmates.. I have a lot of friends too.. I have Wheein, Hwasa, Moonbyul and Solar the difference is that all of them are servants but I don’t care, I consider them as my best friends.. My parents tried their best to make it feel like we’re a normal family as well.. I use to always sleep on their room as a child, being an only child, I was spoiled by my parents a lot too but I don’t want anything though, for me this life is more than enough..

I sigh in contentment as I continue to read the book, I was already on the exciting part where the guy is going to confess his love to the girl protagonist..

“Lara, I’m in love with you!” Peter said as he stop Lara from going away.. Lara stopped and slowly turn around “Y-You.. You love me?” Lara ask and Peter walk to her and hold her hands “Yes.. I don’t want you to go..Please.. Stay with me..” Peter said, lifting Lara’s head with his hand on her chin..

Slowly Peter lean in and Lara close her eyes “I love you too..” Lara whispered before their lips met in the middle and they shared a sweet kiss..

“Ohh..” I gasp then I felt my cheeks get warmer.. I unconsciously touch my lips as I read some more.. “Princess Jieun?” I heard someone coming and like someone who was caught doing something bad, I close the book and look behind me “O-Ohh Butler Han, over here!” I called for him as I slowly get up from the grass.. Butler Han is Mrs. Han’s husband and both have been the most loyal servants on our family.. I’m actually treating them as my second parents..

Butler Han look at me in confusion.. “Your cheeks are red, Princess..” he said and I put a hand on my cheek “It’s nothing..” I said with a smile.. “Anyway, you’re parents are asking for you.. They’re waiting in the common hall..” He informed and I nod.. He bowed before he left me alone..

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

“Good Morning, Mother.. Good Morning, Father..” I said as I enter the common hall but then I stopped shortly as I notice someone was with them but he’s back was facing me.. “Good Morning, dear.. Come, I want you to meet someone..” my father said as he urge me to come closer and so I did.. When I was finally beside my parents, The man’s face come into view “Good Morning, Princess..” he said as he bowed and I did as well but more than his pale skin and attention seeking, gray hair, I notice how good looking he is.. thump thump..

“Jieun I would like you to meet, Suga, he’s gonna be your personal bodyguard from now on..” her father introduced the man and she felt a unusual feeling on her belly, it felt like her insides were being dig.. wait I read from the book that it’s called ‘butterflies in your stomach’.. I smile at the though “But I thought we already talked about this matter, Father..” I said even though I’m not complaining much..

“I know but hiring Suga will give your old man a peace of mind..” she looked at her father and she nod “Okay” I finally said and as I look back at Suga, I almost take a step back cause he’s cold eyes are looking at me as well.. I gulp and I tried to read his eyes for any emotions but I see none..

“So.. He’ll supervise you 24/7 but of course at night he’ll have to rest too so he’ll stay at the room next to yours..” My father explain some minor details that I can’t remember because I’m too focus on staring at Suga who is now nodding at my father’s words.. “..that’s gonna be all, do both of you understand?” her father finish and she heard Suga said “yes, your majesty” She just nod “I understand, Father..”

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

The next days has been new to me.. Suga was always with me to whereever I go and at times it feel uncomfortable to me since I’m not use to be supervise by anyone before but more than that, I actually like the presence of Suga even tho the latter just nod or say “yes” and “no” to my curious questions..

Jieun was once again under the tree reading the ending of the book.. “Princess Jieun..” I heard someone called and it seems from a far, I then saw on the closed gates the commoners who get excited when my eyes went to them.. I smiled and wave then I slowly get up “What are you doing?” Suga asked and it was the first full sentence that I heard him say “I’m just going to say hi to those people..” I said “Don’t even think about it..” Suga said but I just held my head up and proceed to the gate..

“Princess Jieun, it’s pleasant to see you here in this beautiful day..” the lady bowed as she said that and Jieun smiled nicely..”The pleasure is all mine..” I talk to them, asking about their everyday life.. I get excited because I don’t really talk much to people outside the Palace.. As our talk was coming to an end, I was about to shake their hands when a hand snatch my hand from behind.. I look back to see Suga “The princess have to go..” he said firmly and gently pull me away from the gate.. I look back to the people and waved..

“What are you doing?” I ask as I pulled my hand off his grip.. “I was protecting you..” he explained sans emotion.. “Protecting me? From who? Them?” I ask in an angry tone that I never knew I can make.. I’ve never been mad at anyone before “I’m just doing my job..” he said “Well you just embarassed me from those people.. You embarassed them as well.. I don’t want them to feel indifferent from me so you shouldn’t do things like that!” I said as I storm off..

(Suga POV)

The princess didn’t come out from her room since we had a little argument.. I talk to her parents and they told me that I should just let her be for a while.. I’m now the room next to hers with my arms behind my head and a close eyes.. I can’t sleep without checking on her, specially because she’s mad at me.. I know it sounds funny but as I spend more time with her, not technically but when I observe her, she’s very nice to everyone and always have a smile.. It warms my heart to know that she’s not how I imagine her to be.. I thought I’m gonna babysit a spoiled brat princess but she’s far from being brat.. She’s nice, honest, talkative and very innocent..

I felt bad that I embarassed her earlier.. My protective instinc just kick in when she’s about to shake hands with the people.. What if one of them have a knife and pulled her hand as she hand shake with then stab her? What if one of them have a gun? Just what if she got hurt? I can’t let that happen.. Not just because its a part of my job but because.. I want her to be safe..

I finally stand up as I can’t stand not to check on her.. She haven’t even eaten anything for dinner yet! I walk to her room door and knock softly “Princess? Can I come in?” I was hoping for an angry shout to go away but I just heard silence.. I thought she’s already sleeping but I heard a weird noise inside, like the wind coming in her room.. That’s imposibble because her windows should be close at this hour.. I was alarmed that I walk in and I’m right! The window of her room was open and she’s not inside her room!

Panic grow in my heart as I look around “Princess? Princess Jieun?!” I look around her room but she’s no where to be found.. I then look out her window and see that it’s too high for someone to just jump down with her.. I look around until I saw a small staircase going up to the roof.. I immediately went up and to my relief, there she was.. She’s laying on the roof of the palace looking up to the dark sky.. “Jieun..” I whisper in relief..

(Jieun POV)

“Jieun..” I got up in shock when I heard someone call my name.. I sat up to see Suga not to far.. It’s the first time that someone excluding my parents that called me in my first name.. “What are you doing here?” I ask him and he went closer to me and sit beside me “I was going to check on you but you’re not in your room..” he said looking at me and I stare at his beautiful eyes shining with the moon’s light..

“I-I was just star gazing.. I do this once in a while..” I explain as I put my knees close to my chest as the chilly wind embrace me “Wait here..” He said then he left me there.. I thought he’ll not come back but surprisingly he did and he have a blanket with him.. He wrap it around me “T-Thank you..” I said.. He sat down beside me once again and look up..

After a long silence, “I’m sorry..” he said and it make me look at him, he was still looking up and I still can’t read his reaction.. “What for?” I ask even though I know what it is for.. I just wanted to hear his voice more because I’m afraid that he won’t talk again if I didn’t ask.. “For my behavior earlier..” he said finally looking at me.. I was taken aback when I finally saw something from his eyes.. it was.. sincerity..

“Ohh..” I said still mesmorize by his eyes.. “Don-Don’t think about it anymore.. It’s okay..” I said finally regaining my voice.. “..I’m sorry too.. for yelling at you..” I said looking down at my hands then another new thing happened.. I heard him laugh, I look up and he was laughing with the back of his hand on his lips “W-Why?” I ask innocently and he look back again to me with his smiling face.. “You’re really something..” he said and it puzzles me..

He cough a few more laugh before he got serious again but I realize this time, he don’t look emotionless anymore but just normal straight face.. “You should smile more..” I said  unconsciously and I cup my mouth.. Why did you have to say that?

I look at him and he was looking at me with curiousity “What was that? I should what?” he ask like he didn’t heard it but I’m sure he did.. I wave my hand in denial “Nothing! Nothing!” I then went back on gazing at the stars above.. I don’t know why but it feel like the stars are brighter tonight..

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

Since I’m not yet having dinner and I suddenly felt the need to eat.. I ask Suga to accompany me to the kitchen.. I prepared no-cook bibimbab, I ask him if want too but he refuse.. I was so famished that I forget that I’m a princess who should eat in a slow pace and in manner but here I am eating on the bowl which I mix vegtables, rice and soy souce.. When I look up to the amuse Suga that’s when I realize that I’m eating like I’ve never eaten for so long..

“I’m sorry..” I said as I wipe my mouth with a tissue.. “No, go on.. I won’t judge you.. Let’s pretend that you’re not a princess and I’m not your bodyguard for tonight..” he said and I smile “Okay..” I continue eating and after, I get the gallon of vanilla ice cream and dig in as I started to ask questions to Suga..

“So you’re from my father’s security team?” I ask and he shook his head “I’m from a secret under cover agency.. We’re only 7 and we work together or individually depending on what kind of job high position people will offer us..” he explained and I nod.. “So.. You’re an under cover agent?” I ask and he shrugged “Yea.. You can say that..” “So.. how old are you?” I ask and he think first but in the end he still said it “I’m 23 years old..” he said and I gasp “You don’t look like 23!” I said and he smile “Is it a good thing or a bad thing?” “I thought we’re just the same age!” I said and he chuckle “How old are you anyway?” he ask and I sit up right “I’m 18 years old..” I said and he mimick my gasp “You don’t look like 18!” he said the same thing I said and I frown.. “Haha but seriously.. you look like a 14 years old lost kid..” he said “I don’t look like 14! I’m mature and I’m tall!” I defended myself and he scoff “Okay..” he said trying to end the argument..

We talk about more random things and I ask him things about outside the Palace gladly he answered all my questions.. I realize somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter